How I Make A Quick $500+ Fast

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by robinincarolina, Jun 5, 2012.

1. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

Several months ago there was something I really wanted, yet I didn't want to spend the household income in getting it. I wanted to hire a specific coach and it was $997.00 dollars. I found a way to generate it almost instantly.

I have done pretty well with internet marketing, though I am not in the "make money online niche", I haven't really even touched it, yet I know how to do it. That information is valuable as we all know.

So I made a video about how I work from home, how it isn't a get rich overnight plan, but that I was willing to take on up to 10 students one on one for $97.00 each. I posted it on facebook. I referred to it as a beta testing program, which it was.

I then created a private facebook group for sharing and questions. I don't promote myself on facebook by the way, I am just very interactive there and have made a lot of friends and built a lot of relationships that have nothing at all to do with work at home.

I did this on a Friday and by Monday I had 7 students. I created the lesson via text, screen shots and videos as I went and mailed them out daily. Yes it was a lot of work as I did a lot of one on one mentoring in the group as well. It was 20 days I contributed to each person.

Moral here. Many think you have to have your product perfect before you promote it. Many think everything has to be in place before they begin getting customers. This isn't really true.

I have done this 3 times since and a product is now almost created that I will be able to market. I got a lot of feedback from my students for improvements and made money while I was doing it. Why wait?

Demetrious likes this.
  2. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

robinincarolina: I have done pretty well with internet marketing, though I am not in the "make money online niche", I haven't really even touched it, yet I know how to do it. That information is valuable as we all know.
    Way to go, Robin! Knowledge is power, and the essence of having knowledge is to put it to use.

robinincarolina: Moral here. Many think you have to have your product perfect before you promote it. Many think everything has to be in place before they begin getting customers. This isn't really true.
    Right again! Perfection is elusive, kinda like the horizon, so the best one can ever hope for is an approximation of one's idea of perfection.

Your story highlights the importance of having courage, of being creative and taking action in the pursuit of your goals... in spite of the accompanying fear, doubt and anxiety.

When you get on the other side of that experience and look back at what you've accomplished, it never seems to have been as difficult as you had imagined it would be.

Thanks for another inspirational post.

Hermas

3. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

Well done! Sharing what you have to help others and then perfecting your plan as you go is fine. Too many wait for some special moment to do something great when greatness can come as one just gets out there and do it!

4. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

This is great. Sharing what you know with others is a great way to give back even if you get paid for it.

5. nhoudek

nhoudek New Member

That's great Robin. I hope to be able to do the same when my product is ready for Beta Testing.

6. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

Super! Really appreciate your openheartedness for sharing it here.

7. ErikaAwakening

ErikaAwakening New Member

Awesome post, Robin! I've done this too on a lot of occasions. If my confidence isn't super high about an offering, I just offer it for less and am honest with the folks who sign up early about what they are getting.

Like the first time I offered sessions on Skype, it was $50 for an hour because I had never done it before. That group gave me a bunch of great testimonials, which I incorporated in my marketing. My confidence and experience also got higher, and from there I just kept raising my rates as the results and experience got higher and higher.

It's great advice: start wherever you are and just keep growing incrementally. All the baby steps add up to big miracles if you are committed!

8. kellerbrianw

kellerbrianw Member

Wonderful, encouraging post for all of us to consider--no matter the niche! Thanks for sharing!

Here's to your success!

Brian

9. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

wow Robin - thanks for sharing!

I keep thinking that someday I might tackle that.... when I have some extra time - lol![​IMG]

10. hazyl

hazyl New Member

Thanks for your sharing.

Before this, I always used to look for a perfect product, and I really spent a lot of time to study that product before I promote it. I scare of failure. In fact, to be success, you will be facing problems and failures.

"Many think you have to have your product perfect before you promote it. Many think everything has to be in place before they begin getting customers. This isn't really true. "

You are right.

11. kellerbrianw

kellerbrianw Member

Helping others is a wonderful, humanitarian way to get the word out on your offering. I would highly encourage the media to check into your programs, products, or offering. Media is often eager to print or cover a personal story!

Here's to your success!

Brian

12. shopper

shopper New Member

That's awesome. You gave me an idea. I always say "figure out what you know and who doesn't know it." Your story was a perfect example of this. There are so many people that will pay for knowledge. I am going to start working on something like what you've done, except in a different niche. In the meantime, are you still coaching? Hey, I'm a lifelong learner. I signed up for a work-at-home program that is working rather well. I just need to take it to the next level. I might want to take you up on one of the those coaching sessions.

13. ram002

ram002 New Member

That was really fast! Great job! Thanks for sharing your story! I'm inspired! [​IMG]

14. IslandBlogger

IslandBlogger New Member

Ye, that was a good idea! Hmm, you just gave me an idea for my own beta testing. Thanks!

15. yahia

yahia Member

I am really impressed. Wish to see more success stories of yours around the forum [​IMG].

Now that you have the product ready, it's time for a launch [​IMG].

16. robinincarolina

Thanks for all the great comments. Yes, a launch one day when I get it all put together. I am still gaining technical skills and getting the videos into a format on a site or via an autoresponder is something I have not yet figured out yet. It's still very rough around the edges.

I have the videos on youtube as private at the moment and just send out the links. Far from perfect, but it still works for now.

17. yahia

yahia Member

One thing you can do is to pack it on a DVD and get a fulfilling company to take the orders and ship out a physical product, or you can get an amazon hosting for your videos and imbed them on a password protected area on a site. A wordpress blog with a membership plugin can do the trick.

18. robinincarolina

I knew there would come a day that I would need to learn wordpress. Time to again get out of my comfort zone! Ty Yahia!

19. yahia

yahia Member

20. annabelle123

annabelle123 New Member

Robin that's great work. We can make money a lot of times on things that we already know. I would encourage you to get feedback from your students to find out how much they learnt and to grade your strategies taught, then you can launch your product.

Good work Robin

[Links go in the signature - Admin]