How long before I should see real traffic

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by rich in minutes, Jun 23, 2009.

1. shmeeko69

shmeeko69 Member

Yep tell me about it ! I placed an adword campaign with google a fortnight ago, with around six different adds, changed my keywords to suit the amount of searches & increased my daily bid price. Eventually after 10 days it is live & know longer "Under Review" as is always the initial response with google !
    It's the only way to get your sponsered links running - decrease the popularity of the keywords & increase your bid (ppc) price.

WEBSITE - PRODUCTS -TRAFFIC -MONEY - [​IMG]
  2. elle14

elle14 New Member

Based on my experience I see the result of my work after 2 months. It really depends to your work especially if you have a lot of competitors. One of the process I succeed is building my quality link for the betterment of my rank in Google. Then, Google[​IMG] gives traffic to my handled site.
  3. shmeeko69

shmeeko69 Member

The best thing is to get left hand side natural results for google (free), as opposed to right hand side sponsered links which you pay for.

When I first started out about six months ago & put google analytics code on my website, it started to make a difference.

It allows you to see were your traffic is coming from & what areas
    need improvement.

As my website is about sports, I joined a few related sport forums
    & can see from my analysis, that I get a fair bit of traffic from those
    websites & they are all in my top five of viewers.

I was involved with an ads company who promise loads of traffic,
    but after a couple of months, I decided not to waste anymore
    time with that business, because I could see from my google analytics, that there wasn't much in the way of traffic, coming
    from their website.

It's a great free tool & everyone should put code onto their websites, as it tells you - what website they've came from, what browser they use, what area they live in, time spent on website & how many visits per day/week/month ............

I now get over 1000 visits a month & growing & learning new
    things nearly every day to grow the business.

Mark [​IMG]
  4. pincpassion

pincpassion New Member

cherie27: Blogs are one good way to get yourself out there and one of the best (amongst many, many others). You'll need to learn a little SEO and write content.
    I must agree on this one. I learned that the search engine loves blogs and you get good back links and fast page ranking. Even blog commenting is super...
  5. anthony2313

anthony2313 New Member

A8ch: When you manage to attract 100 visitors, try tweaking your methods to double that traffic to 200. Then try doubling it again.
    i would have to agree first attract your first 100

than 200. You will then grow from there.

I understand you want to think BIG!!

But you can't get your first 10,000 visitors

unless you get your first 1000, 100, 10, 1.

Get your first visitor than build from there.
  6. everlonglp3

everlonglp3 New Member

Also, there are some companies that sell links for page ranking. But you can do this yourself for free. You can go to relevant blogs, make a relevant comment and post your link with you comment. Over time, that actually does help.

You would be very surprised.
  7. namasivayam

namasivayam New Member

There is a lot of hype about the keywords. Suppose I am promoting a very popular product. I have to use the same keyword as it is already popular. Now here how to beat the competition. If i go for a new keyword it is not working. How to overcome this problem.
  8. HItune

HItune New Member

It is not important how long you work on your website, more important is what are you doing with it?

Here are the requirements to get traffic:

1. Valuable content for readers
    2. SEO - at least - your main keyword in a page title and link after your domain (yourdomain.com/keyword.html or, etc.), your main keyword in first 90 characters in a text field, and at least once in each 200 word.
    3. Link building strategies:
    - 10 comments per day on blogs in your niche (you can use Comment Sniper free tool)
    - 5 comments per day in forums
    - 5 articles per week. Use SubmitYourArticles.com and its Article Levarage system for distribution
    - WordPress blog as a sub domain
    - 14 blog posts each week.

Take this strategy for 8 weeks and you will get what you want.
  9. neonguy528

neonguy528 New Member

There are only two great ways to get traffic. SE and links. That's what I go with.
  10. MarketLifelines

MarketLifelines New Member

Three weeks is such a short time to see real traffic. If you have 10 or 20 visitors a day in three weeks, that is not bad.

Traffic through search engines will only come once your site has been indexed. Mine took a month to be indexed by google therefore it's early days for you.

I however recommend using other methods for now. Link building should be your concern now. Also do articles with your signature on them.

You could also submit your site to as many online directories as possible. Lastly, you could use the power of YouTube, Facebook and Twitter.

Do not give up yet. If this does not change in another 2-3 weeks, you could look at your keywords. PPCs will also help.
  11. ShawnJohn

ShawnJohn New Member

Blogging is a great way to get traffic to your website.
    Also think about joining a tribe. This was you will have your blog
    syndicated by others which can drive more traffic to your website.

I think first you need to identify who is your targeted market and this can clear up things and simply them.

Do you need a squeeze page , what is your call of action etc..

So its alot of variable but when you can answer them the fog will go away and you will have clarity.

I hope that helps..thats my 2 cents...
  12. LindaSweetfield

LindaSweetfield New Member

I posted up on another thread here about a method I use to drive youtube traffic. I have been a IMer for five years, using video marketing for four. If you can find it I will repost. Its a low cost, high volume driver and its all self contained in the post. Let me know if you cant find, I think it may help you.

Once you do start to generate traffic, I will share with you something that I have started to experiment and may help you down the line. I have a large list of subscribers, about 50k plus at this stage but I am an utter fanatic for tweaking my squeeze pages to increase my lists still further.. Basically I give away my most ninja tip, I mean the really money stuff in a two paragrapgh or a min video on the page, then I move them along to a second page, in this one I elaborate on it and move them onto the next page which is a seamless seuge into the aff offer, by that I mean as much as possible same text look, same page layout, same graphics etc. Now, this is somewhat of a departure because for a long time, I have a list of nearly 50k subscribers, I used to get my prospects into a seven - fourteen day e course but after a long conversation with another IMer, they made the very reasonable point, that on landing on my page that is when the prospect is most engaged and ready to buy. Think of it from their point of view, day 1 - "I like the stuff this gal sends out....Day 3 - "I must get around to that".....Day 6 - "I wish they would stop sending me stuff really" and they are very far from buying. Now, this may fly in the face of a lot of what we normally do, long term relationship building but I have noticed my opt-ins and conversions have gone up on this - Two caveats - You must bowl them over with the first thing you tell them on the page, I mean that has to be a nugget of IM gold that they would have paid for - Secondly - The aff offer does not even have to be that closely related to the tip or area, so long as you move them through the two pages and onto the offer page. From what I have seen thus far, they are hot to buy on it. Granted this is not conventional, sell first etc but it works and I get them on my list and I treat my list like gold, so good sale and an email maybe once a month after if I see something that is of use to them. If you are just starting out building again, ad-swaps, low repsonse rate though or where I started, WSOs for free to build. Anyway, thats just something I am trying out if anyone wants to give it a shot too
  13. JHandy

JHandy New Member

Get into the mind of your potential prospect and ask yourself..."What do they want?" When you figure that out, you'll get tons of traffic on autopilot. Although there are other factors that play into the equation as well such as "keyword" research and linking techniques, but overall it's finding out what they're hungry for and feed them.

Another strategy would be to join a tribe to where you guys began to syndicate each other's material. That in essence will began to drive traffic from sources beyond your control.

Jerry
  14. norppa1

norppa1 New Member

It needs much work to get your site good traffic. If you have some day 10,000's visitors per a day I force you to link my page : D

Do youtube videos really work?
  15. Greatwoman

Greatwoman New Member

Very helpful post. I was almost giving up, but decided to try two methods and stick with them for a while. I just started,yet to see significant results. Thanks to all the posters.
  16. RobbieM

RobbieM New Member

Greetings, I am new here, looking for marketing ideas and this seems to be a great forum. I currently have my website on weebly (free) I am not sure if I should pay for the damain name or wait to see if I should use a new web site service. Weebly is easy to use but a bit higher priced for the domain name.
  17. tkyles1009

tkyles1009 Member

I think a more accurate way to answer is by asking another question. What are you currently doing to get traffic to your site?
  18. RobbieM

RobbieM New Member

I have my business listed on Manta, Merchant Circle, Thumbtack, Superpages. I have the facebook fan page, I use twitter, and Pinterest. I am utilizing classified ads, about 20 so far. Talking to every one, the bank, post office, friends, etc. I am putting 7 days a week in; updating my web site, adding products, and I also have a blog on the site. I also am adding outside links to my web site on a "useful links page". I am learning quite a bit about marketing, and want to learn more :)
  19. mreese601

mreese601 Member

Hey mark, video is the way too go. It's fun and easy too do! If you don't have a video channel online then you need to setup one up on youtube.
  20. amicof

amicof Member

If free ttraffic is what you're looking for, 10,000 visitors/day is a huge figure for a site that is less than a month old. My advice is to keep adding keyword targeted/original content on a regular basis.