How long should I wait google...

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by quentinuys, Jun 23, 2009.

1. quentinuys

quentinuys Guest

Hi guys and girls

I have a serious"not so serious [​IMG]" question. Does anyone know how long it takes for google's spider to notice my site? [​IMG]

I only submited it 2 weeks ago, but still would like to know. [​IMG]

I know there are a lot of clued up people in this forum, please help me out.

2. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

Hello quentinuys,

If you submit it to DIGG, using your key phrases for tags you should be listed rather quickly.

Have a great day!
    Victoria

3. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

I'm with victoria - Digg should speed up the process. Chances are Google has already spidered you, but it helps to get a high PR website linking back to you to get indexed.

4. johnjimat

johnjimat New Member

yah agreed with getagrip and victoria. you should use Digg. i use digg to all my website and blog. and i think you should try to use "ping" too . good luck [​IMG]

5. GlennELee

GlennELee New Member

Social Bookmarking sites work very well in order to get your URL indexed quicker. I personally use Delicious which usually gets my websites indexed within an hour. Digg is a good resource as well, but they like to make sure your article/content is completely unique ore request you to dig someone else's stuff. You can tell it that it's unique.

My recommendation is to see about getting Firefox 3 installed and getting the add on called "AddThis" which will allow you quicker access to multiple social bookmarking sites so that your site can get syndicated better and indexed sooner by Google.

The more traffic and the more a particular site changes (like social bookmarking sites themselves) the more often Google's spider will crawl the site.

I hope this information helps you out some along with the resource for the browser addon. That's what I do though, I'm a viral marketer.

6. sidnelson

sidnelson New Member

Here's an ABSOLUTELY GUARANTEED way to get any site spidered by Google within one day.

I hope you do know that Google owns Blogger.com, right?

And YES, they spider ALL and I repeat, ALL of their domains daily, period.

So all you have to do is set up a totally FREE blogger page with a backlink to your site(s), and WHALLA!!!

Next day go to the "Webmaster Tools" section of Google and it will confirm the last day your site was spidered.

If you haven't already posted all your URL's on Google's totally free Webmaster Tools that what the heck are you waiting for?

While you're there, you can check on the status of your robots.txt file that Google and the other search engines use as a guideline to spider your folders and pages.

If you haven't set up a robots.txt file on your domain, then I STRONGLY recommend you do. Just google it an you'll find numerous places to create one free then upload it to the root directory of your site.

Basic SEO 101 dude!

7. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

Thank you for the info sidnelson,

This is something all or most should probably start working on.
    I have been working with Wordpress and Weebly primarily.

Victoria

8. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi quentinuys,

Putting a backlink on just about any high trafficked and PR site tends to work quick and effectively.

~Newbie Shield~

9. sidnelson

sidnelson New Member

Yeah, but how much does it cost, even if they approve.

Google's totally FREE!