How many Adsense can you get on one page

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by square_one, Apr 19, 2008.

1. square_one

square_one New Member

Hi there,

I don't get it. Can you control how many Adsense ads appear on your webpage or blog?

How come some people have up to 6 ads, and some people have only 1 ad appearring???

Obviously the more ads there are, the more chance visitors will click on any of them.......

Ta.
  2. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Google allows you to place 3 ad units per page and 1 link unit (I believe). The size of the unit will determine how many ads are in each unit.

Some people may want to use the full number of allowable ads while others would rather have a different outcome (most wanted response) from the visitor's visit.

If you are selling a product, you may not want a google ad to distract the visitor because your MWR is for them to buy your product, etc.

Everyone has to determine what they most want to accomplish on each page. All visitors leave your page eventually, so having a few ads provides them with a way of leaving that still leaves a little something for you even if they don't buy from you, etc.

You decide how many ads you want to use and where on the page you want to place them.
  3. Hello,

I was of the understanding that you were only allowed 3 adsense units per page including the link units. Would be interesting to know if you are allowed more, although putting more adsense blocks onto a site does encourage people away, unless the site is specifically built for adsense monetization.

Barb
  4. manchau

manchau New Member

Google allows 3 general ad units and 3 link units on one page. you can also add 3 google referral links on the same page.

But as far as i know, they have a very stringent policy to display their ads. You should follow their guidelines otherwise you will be banned.
  5. Hemjoe

Hemjoe New Member

okay i always thought that it was 3 ad units and one link unit like happywife, so it would be handy if someone could clear this up definately.please [​IMG]

You can customize you ads before placing them on your site so you are able to do allsorts and the number of ads showing is just one of the options, alongside shpa and colour.

This allows you to fit the ad to you website, like happywife said some people would prefer to only offer a single ad as they have other more profitable monitization on that same page.
  6. johbasetow

johbasetow New Member

Read the adsense terms of service, I believe you can have 3 ad units, 3 link units and 2 search units at once.
  7. onlinebusiness

onlinebusiness New Member

-Up to three ad units may be displayed on each page.
    -A maximum of two Google AdSense for search boxes may be placed on a page.
    -Up to three link units may also be placed on each page.
    -Up to three referral units may be displayed on a page, in addition to the ad units, search boxes, and link units specified above.

3+2+3+3=11 adsense units on each page
  8. samda

samda Member

onlinebusiness: -Up to three ad units may be displayed on each page.
    -A maximum of two Google AdSense for search boxes may be placed on a page.
    -Up to three link units may also be placed on each page.
    -Up to three referral units may be displayed on a page, in addition to the ad units, search boxes, and link units specified above.

3+2+3+3=11 adsense units on each page

Good answer and i too tell you the same
  9. happywife

happywife Gold Member

onlinebusiness: 3+2+3+3=11 adsense units on each page

But do yourself a favor and don't use that many. [​IMG] It can be very off-putting to your visitors.
  10. onlinebusiness

onlinebusiness New Member

yeap its not recommended to do that.Otherwise your can even get penalized by google if they decide that your site is only with advertising purpose or simply just to show google ads..
  11. lakshmi_guru

lakshmi_guru New Member

You can have 3 ad units and 3 ad links.
  12. plugandplay

plugandplay New Member

While having more than one adsense banner is possible, it is not always better.

Sometimes one is the best number to have, test it out.[​IMG]
  13. SamWinport

SamWinport New Member

Hi,
    Google adsense have rules about the number of ad units you can have on each page. However, you have a large choice of ad units types, some of which can have many ad links in them or only one.
    The amount of units is more than enough because if you were to add any more the page would look like one big advert and people are unlikely to stay on the page and click on an advert.
    In fact, having some of the smaller ad units with single more prominent ads is likely to have a better effect. People are more likely to click if they don;t feel they are being oversold.