How Many Hours Do Spend On Your Business?

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by kesharn2, Apr 16, 2009.

1. kesharn2

kesharn2 New Member

I was just wondering how many hours a day do you spend on your biz?

I do a power hour, where all I'm doing is returning phone calls and doing follow up calls with my prospects and customers. I also use that hour to phone my new team members. Then I use 2 hrs to do adm work.

Lately however, I've been needing 4-5 hours just to get everything done...I'm not quite ready to go full time in my business yet, although that's my goal. Anyone else spending 4-5 hrs a day working on their biz?

Kesha

2. cherie27

cherie27 New Member

Me too. I am also spending around 4 - 5 hours for my business.

Besides i also have a full-time job to take care.

3. johnjimat

johnjimat New Member

I'm unemployed.. I think I spend the whole day for my biz.... [​IMG].

4. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Kesha,

I spend an average of 10 hours a day and have been doing so for years.

Nothing succeeds like obsession.

However, task variety and a balance of choirs, errands, exercise, and other hobbies is critical to good health. I incorporate a bit of everything into each day.

~Newbie Shield~

5. ronniebranch

ronniebranch Member

Hi Kesha, I spend anywhere from 4-8 hours a day for my business. Just got a free trip all paid food and airfare to Mexico thanks to my company thanking my for my leadership so it'll give me some time to relax later this year.

Your friend in Truth & Light,
    Ronnie Branch

6. PavelBecker

PavelBecker New Member

Newbie Shield: I spend an average of 10 hours a day and have been doing so for years.
    All due respect, Newbie Shield, I disagree with your approach.

You are obviously very passionate about this IM-thing and enjoy it a lot and, if you do, than it might be all right to spend 10 hours a day working the business.

I'm not sure, though, you could be classified as a "typical representative."

To my mind, a "typical representative" of an Internet marketer is somebody who has or is switching from 9 to 5 day job and one of the reasons they do so is because they don't appreciate too much having a productivity level of just one notch above individual self-sufficiency, having to work full time and not being able to do what they actually love.

It wouldn't make much sense to just replace one JOB with another, unless you 1) actually love your new JOB or 2) you have the ability to drastically increase your productivity, but in this case there shouldn't be any need in spending 10 hours a day working.

In my case - I'm honestly doing IM only for the ability to increase my efficiency to the level where I don't have to have any "full time" work to be able to have a lifestyle that I like.

I think, actually, any business model, whether it's a brick-and-mortar or on-line, has a main goal of becoming a self-propelling system, that you had spent time to set up and develop, but eventually it runs with only a minimal involvement from the owner.

7. samda

samda Member

Probably 3 right now...

8. gridellas

gridellas New Member

I must say around 8 to 12 hours a day during the week give or take. I lose track of time in the forum but really enjoy what I do. One the weekends it is a little more difficult since my husband is home and all my friends are off work. On the weekends I would have to say 2 to 3 hours if I'm lucky.

9. kesharn2

kesharn2 New Member

Thanks you guys for your posts! Okay, so now I know I'm not doing too bad spending 4-5 hrs, 4 times a week on my biz! Interesting post about spending 10 hrs a day NewbieShileld and Pavel!

Kesha

10. bOsiNg

bOsiNg New Member

I spend probably 4 hrs, depends on the mood. But i will increase it as the demand will go up.

11. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Interesting discussion. I spend whatever I can squeeze in between teenagers, mom duties, part time job, church activities, and relaxation...some days I am happy to get two - three solid hours in and other days it is a couple 15 minute snatches... [​IMG]

I am in the process of starting a new SBI site so I will be burning some midnight oil... Have been testing some things and finally have some direction on what I want to do so can't wait to get started... [​IMG]

12. vikramhjain

vikramhjain Guest

hey i too spend 4 to 5 in my work.but it was difficult to do marketing continuosly for 4 to 5 .so i take break at middle

13. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Pavel,

It's due to the love of the game. Because of that, my focus stays sharp all day and my productivity is extremely high.

I do that with everything I love - reading, playing instruments, computer programming (only for my own projects), playing around with the stock market (I pick all of them myself after a lot of research), and a bunch of other things.

I enjoy fully immersing myself in my hobbies. I always have.

It's not for everyone though. I take a lot of small breaks every day to exercise, do chores, run errands, socialize a little, read, watch TV. But for the most part I am working on my biz.

Task variety is critical or I would burn out in a short time.

I never have to force myself to do what I love. I love online marketing. It's a pleasure for me to spend all day and half the night learning, testing, and tweaking, and tracking things.

Forcing would be a bad idea, so I hear you on what you are saying. I only do it because I love it.

~Newbie Shield~

14. timhale

timhale New Member

How about counting "work" time as the time you already spend doing the things you enjoy!?

I think sometimes there's too much emphasis on work vs. play - why not make sure you can do both!?

For me, I only pursue business opportunities that work well with the other aspects of my life. For years, I've coached soccer and been a personal fitness instructor. This is what I love to do.

So when I saw a business opportunity that matched this passion of mine - I took it! Now, I can work with my clients (whether teaching soccer or training) and promote my chocolate line at the same time. It's an easy match as all of my effort is put in the same direction!

Does anyone else approach their business this way? Care to share examples?

~Tim

15. clawrence

clawrence New Member

Yeah I'm spending about 4 hours a day building up my business. My thoughts are that I have to put in a little more work now to build it, then maybe half to maintain, at least, that's what I'm hoping.

16. heistheanswer

heistheanswer New Member

2-4 hours a day for me here. You have to put the time and effort in up front for the rewards down the road. I have 2 kids so I want to make sure that they are taken care of both now and in the future. Spending quality time with the wife and kids is important to me so I want to make sure that I'm not doing this 60 hours a week jsut to make a bunch of money. What good is it if you can't enjoy it right? Good luck to all and feel free to ask me any questions, I'm here to help,
    God Bless
    Jason
    636-294-3322

17. jaesun16

jaesun16 New Member

I spend 2 hours on Internet marketing(article marketing)

I spend 10 mins on NEOBUX (Paid to Click)

I spend 1 hour on Forum Marketing

I spend 1 hour on Blogging.

Total 4 plus hours a day~[​IMG]

Good luck to all of your business~

Happy day~^^[​IMG]

18. MaxGxlCorp

MaxGxlCorp New Member

I spend 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the evening, this includes weekends.

Good luck!

19. TyBrown

TyBrown New Member

Depending on what's going and what project I'm working on I'll spend 3-15 hours a day on my business.