How many people actually use skype for their business?

Discussion in 'Casual Chat' started by gobala, Feb 19, 2006.

1. gobala New Member

Hi everyone,

I just need some feedback for one of my projects. My question is:

"Do you use Skype for marketing and promoting your business?" Yes or no?
  2. pcincome New Member

I use Skype with my team members who are out of my local calling area. I do have people pop in and try to start conversations with me but every time the conversation they want to have is NOT about business [IMG]

My downline have been using Skype for some time now, that's why I got on it myself. One member in my downline has been successful in finding international team members via skype. It's all about asking questions and creating friendly conversations but for me, I just haven't found the right person to do that with yet.

I just remembered, I do get a chat spam message every once in a while from some woman asking me if I'm interested in making money from home to look at her site.

Karen
  3. WhitePhoenix New Member

I had asked about voice chat options in another thread, but just saw this one. I have used Skype and Yahoo, but have found that there were too many voice drop-outs during the conversation to really be able to understand.

Talking with my sister 10 miles away was as difficult as talking with a client in Hong Kong - same problem - gaps and delays.

Have you experienced this? And if not, what kind of headphone are you using?

Thanks!
  4. pcincome New Member

I had this experience with intermittent delays, until I changed my router to an 802.11G Broadband router. I started having a lot of issues with my connection recently and when I had my tech guy over for other issues, I asked him about this and he thought it could be interference from my microwave.

I started paying attention to when I was having issues and sure enough, it was only when the kids were home and they were using the microwave. Being that mine was at least 15 years old I decided that that could be it so I bought a new one. Long story short, that didn't do it.

Bought the new router which is in another room of the house, had to play with getting it high enough in the room to get a decent connection on the other end of the house but it's great and ever since, no real connection issues to complain about.

Might want to think about how old your router is. Mine was about 2+ years old. I also changed the wireless on my computer to an 802.11G as well for faster download speeds and it works incredibly well. Wish someone would have thought of that before I bought a new microwave!

Karen
  5. WhitePhoenix New Member

Well, perhaps that's my problem then... I don't have wireless on my computer; I don't even have high speed. The good thing is, I'll be relocating to a more populated area where the ground won't freeze, so this may help as well.

As far as microwaves, that's not an issue for me, but at least you got a new microwave out of the situation!

Thanks for your suggestions. I have written them down and will follow up on them.
  6. gobala New Member

Quoting: pcincomeMy downline have been using Skype for some time now, that's why I got on it myself. One member in my downline has been successful in finding international team members via skype.

I assume you use it a lot for network marketing then. Just cusrious, do you only use the free Skype functionality or do you also get a SkypeIn and SkypeOut?

It's a sad thing that SPAM didn't spare Skype. I'm way down here in Malaysia, so I wonder if anyone has used the Skype Zone service, and any feedback on it...
  7. WhitePhoenix New Member

Sorry, gobala,

I used the free service, not the Zone... but I am also curious as to it's quality. I think we're all getting a little spoiled by the convenience of the internet, and now we expect everything to be smooth and seamless - but hey, it's our business. If I can't understand everything a client says, or if I miss an important sentence or question, what good does it do me?
  8. pcincome New Member

Quoting: gobalaI assume you use it a lot for network marketing then. Just cusrious, do you only use the free Skype functionality or do you also get a SkypeIn and SkypeOut?

It's a sad thing that SPAM didn't spare Skype. I'm way down here in Malaysia, so I wonder if anyone has used the Skype Zone service, and any feedback on it...

I only use the Skype functionality. I don't know what the SkypeIn and SkypeOut is. I just use it for networkinng with people in my group who are out of state or out of the country.

As to quality, I was having issues myself but it had to do with my own router and my connection. Someone in my downline told me the other day that he talks with someone in his downline who always cuts in and out. They don't know what it is but, since I got a new router AND a new headset, everyone hears me great.

Karen
  9. gobala New Member

Quoting: pcincomesince I got a new router AND a new headset

What router did you need to use? Just an ordinary one or..?

I never had nay problems using Skype, thats why I'm asking...
  10. pcincome New Member

I had a linksys wireless B router, it was about 2 years old. It was before the G routers came out and I already trashed it so I don't remember exactly which one it was but I do know Linksys.
  11. fixaprob New Member

I use Skype for instant messaging and Skype to Skype calls, I have on occassion used it for ordinary calls but it is only cheaper for landline, if for any reason the call is diverted to a mobile it costs rather a lot. My business coach rang me on Skype but I had it on call forward while I was away from my desk, it went to my mobile and I paid ??11+ for the privilege (I think the call lasted about 30 mins).

It is an excellent tool, it allows people visiting my website to see if I am on-line so they can contact me directly, it also allows groups to be set up so that multiples can communicate when using IM. I belong to The Virtual Assistant Support Group (VASG) and we log onto Skype for the day and just check in if/ when we want or have time to catch up on chat, work, advice etc...
  12. jerrytomy New Member

Well I am also using the Skype for my business. And I want to say that its really very nice as well as that much useful for me. And the another thing is that I also like its all of the services as well as facilities which it is providing.
  13. dhrynewycz New Member

Hello all I am new here so hang in here with me please...I have tried Skype and found that I kept getting alot of interference. I live in Indiana. I don't think that the corn fields had anything to do with it. [IMG] I am now, however, using MagicJack. I don't have a business but I do use it for my home phone. The cost was $60 the first year. This includes all local and long distance. Then I went on after the first year to purchase a five year plan. The cost for this: $60 covered the whole five years. I have been using it for two years now. NO long distance fees. $60 and I have service for five years. The other great thing is the number I have is mine to keep, no matter where I move to in the United States...unless I chose to change it. Makes sense doesn't it? I plug a very small USB box into my computer, also containing two other usb outlets on it....no bigger than the palm of my hand, and plug my regular phone into that. Have had no problems. I love MagicJack. Anyone else on here ever use this?
  14. talfighel Silver Member

If you are building a network marketing business online and have people on your team who are already members and they want to chat with your through SKYPE then that would be a good idea.

Promoting through it??? I don't know how that is possible.

Tal
  15. FreeCashMan Active Member

Skype is cool. Nice for easy communications with the team, and sweet to talk with people right online like a phone call.

Plus skype has a screen share so one can do some training with it for about 24 people.

Nice tool, and so is yahoo, but skype is probably the more popular, especially internationally.
  16. mreese601 Member

Well I'm just now using Skpe and it seems to be of good quality.
  17. shaun New Member

I use Google Phone...you can call people al around the world...similar to skype, which i also use. I also just use my home telephone too sometimes.

Being able to talk to people all around the world is just standard if you are building an international business online today. Doesnt matter if its Skype or Google Phone/Chat.....at the end of the day its just a way of telephoning people and having a chat thats all.