How much for HomeBasedBusiness domain name?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by jonathan_85, Apr 7, 2007.

1. jonathan_85

jonathan_85 New Member

India has a huge home based business market to tap into and I'm considering buying the ccTLD "HomeBasedBusiness.ccTLD" for my home based business.

I've offered US $ 1500 for the domain but the person is asking for $2500. I very much want to get the domain but would like to seek your advice before going ahead with it.

Any suggestions?
  2. funbiz

funbiz New Member

bkamanski is right. It cost less than $10us to register a domain.

I am sure you can come up with a better name than

"HomeBasedBusiness.ccTLD" [​IMG]

unless this domain have so much traffic you got to have it.
  3. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Yes, you are better off spending on advertising, unless the domain already has a lot of type in traffic
  4. rememberramu

rememberramu New Member

Why do you want to buy this domain , If this domain has PR like 4 or 5 $2500 is not so much But it has only PR 2 . This is true PR is not only measurement of traffic , so how much traffic does this site have , If this site has really good traffic this could be reasonable otherwise it will be worth less
  5. pcwork

pcwork New Member

The advertisers for home based business in India pay very little, I know this from experience[​IMG]
  6. I want to add that I have never paid more than $10 for any domain. I now own 20 or so. Most of them , although they are dot info domains cost 99 cents. you can expect to pay a little more but no domain is worth spending thousands on. May I suggest trying a modification of that domain name maybe home based biz dot com...

Just a thought

I hope this helps you jonathan_85

Sean Keely

Aviva Steele & Sean Keely
    Level 3 Directors CV
    FTV SE Distributors
    Expect Your Success Marketing
  7. twnuck

twnuck New Member

Domains play a role in your business but not nearly as much as good marketing. When choosing a domain you have to make it memorable and in line with your niche. Other than that it really doesn't matter.

Money spent towards good marketing is always better than a perfect domain name!