How much money can you realistically make from taking surveys?

Discussion in 'Paid Surveys' started by 040107, Apr 14, 2007.

1. sparkle

sparkle New Member

I tried the survey thing. the ones I was sent I got paid anywhere from $5 to $20 a survey the only problem was they would limit you to how many you could take.. So I can't see making a real good income off this.

2. happygal

happygal Member

I don't think, sparkle, that what you were getting were real "survey" sound more like paid to sign up type of things.

3. mlynn

mlynn Member

Quoting: sparkleI tried the survey thing. the ones I was sent I got paid anywhere from $5 to $20 a survey the only problem was they would limit you to how many you could take.. So I can't see making a real good income off this.

which survey sites you received the "surveys" from?

4. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Focus groups pay well , usually $50-75 for an hour's work

5. karls1973

karls1973 Member

Quoting: pcworkFocus groups pay well , usually $50-75 for an hour's work

I am still waiting for my $35.00 payment from Greenfield.[​IMG] I participated in a 1 hour focus group back in June 2007.

6. MISongbird

MISongbird New Member

I tried making money taking surveys. I enrolled in 8 of them. I didn't qualify a lot...I guess my demographic was wrong. I mostly earned points that I could save (for years!) and then trade them for a "gift". I once got a check for $5 in the mail! I also participated in a toothpaste product test. All in all, I found that the surveys took a lot of time and paid little or nothing at all. I can spend my time better elsewhere.

7. delak

delak New Member

About a year ago I had signed up with 3 survey sites. I think they were Lightspeed, Greenfield and Global Test Market. Between all three sites I think I filled out about 100 or so surveys most of which like MISongbird I didn't qualify for.

I mostly received points for there monthly sweepstakes never won one. I did complete a few surveys that gave money but never got enough to have them send my a paycheck.

To me it was a lot of time and work with little return so I stop doing it.
    Now I have to admit I have not checked out some of the others mentioned above like CashCrate. Which I may do soon.

Delak

8. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

I just enrolled at JDpower.com and they gave me a gift certificate for Amazon in the amount of $15.00.

I used the code number to buy an awesome book on making money online with the certificate.

It was first released on OCT 1. It has not arrived yet. When it does, I will let you know what I think.

Shipping says it will arrive between Oct. 17-31. Sh!tty shipping time and shipping was $4.00 but I got the book for $6.00. I wonder if the thing was stolen, lol.

Newbie Shield

[​IMG]

9. karls1973

karls1973 Member

Quoting: Newbie Shieldbook on making money online

Hey Newbie Shield,

... I had also received a $35.00 gift certificate from Amazon and used it to buy the book "How to use the Internet to Advertise, Promote, and Market your Business or Web Site with little or no money" by Bruce C. Brown. [​IMG] Just got the book yesterday.

... and now back to reading my book.

Karl

10. samda

samda Member

I have personaly joined more than fifty surveys. But i have not made a single penny. Probably i am from india, this might be the reason. It might just work for people from America

11. stacy

stacy New Member

I signed up for TreasureTrooper for the surveys, but I found a much better benefit once I signed up.....Shopping! I love to shop online, which is why I got my Free PowerMall, so I could get cash back from my online purchases. I was a bit disappointed that Walmart.com was not included becasue I buy a lot of the kids' toys there.

Well.....Treasure Trooper has the same type program in place, you can shop at well known stores and get rebates back on your purhcases. AND guess what store they have.....Wal-Mart.com!!! I just ordered a book shelf for my son's disastrous room. I couldn't find it in the store, but ordered it online for a low price, had it shipped to my local Wal-Mart store for FREE and I will get a rebate back for shopping through TreasureTrooper. You can't beat that - it's all FREE!!!!

12. moneyforgreene

moneyforgreene New Member

alemiszki - did you ever get that check from A.W. Surveys? I signed up with them and started, got to about $10 and a couple days later when I went back in, my account had been deleted. I wrote them, they closed my ticket and I apparently have an account again, but it's at zero. Their FAQ's says that they will delete accounts joined through inappropriate ways, but I clicked on someone's link, so I don't get it and they didn't give an explanation. I'm afraid to try again and waste my time. Just curious.

13. moneyforgreene

happygal - you mentioned your earnings for April of 2007:

For April, my earnings were:

$444.63 - checks
    $75 - cash (focus group)
    $15 amazon
    $10 target gift card
    $2 paypal

for a total of: 546.63

My question.... what were the checks from? Surveys, or is some of it referal money too? I'm just curious b/c I would love to make $200/month doing surveys even. How long have you been doing this?

Thanks!!
    Tracy

14. happygal

happygal Member

Nope, very little of my earnings come from referrals, maybe $30 or so a month. I just do lots and lots and lots of surveys. And almost all of them pay by check. Feel free to check out my blog for the list of sites that have paid me.

15. mlynn

mlynn Member

Quoting: karls1973I am still waiting for my $35.00 payment from Greenfield. I participated in a 1 hour focus group back in June 2007.

karls1973,

Hope you saved the invite email for this, if yes, keep emailing them asking about the payment. As long as you have the email as prove, you will get paid eventually.

I have done many interactive surveys/focus groups for greenfield, this is what I do when they are late for payment.

Good luck!

16. moneyforgreene

happygal - thanks... I checked out your blog and signed up for a couple more companies. I'm signed up with about 50 now. I don't get that many surveys though (I would expect more I guess, especially since I filled out all the profiles) and I don't qualify for a lot of them which is frustrating. But I'm going to keep doing them.

17. moneyforgreene

mlynn - I just checked out your site as well. It's great! I will definitely scour through it some more and make sure I'm up to speed. Thanks!

18. shuey03

shuey03 New Member

I came across a website a few months back called Survey Inferno. They have a huge list of companies that pay you for taking surveys. I signed up for everyone of them and made $500 last month. I think the trick is to sign up for as many companies as you possibly can to ensure you get the maximum amounts of offers. I am still on the hunt for other survey and paid offers that Survey Inferno did not have.

19. homeworkeruk

homeworkeruk New Member

The main consideration here is demographics. If you're based in a big US city, employed on a good income, married with a couple of young kids, then you can make a good income from paid surveys.

Unfortunately, if you're not US based, and especially if you're not a parent or computer programmer (favourite targets for market research) you are much more limited although Canada, UK and Australia are also fairly well catered for. Elsewhere in the world there are very few companies that send out regular invitations.

I'm in the UK and earn around ??100 ($200) a month but could earn more as I tend to pick and choose quite a bit and will often quit half way through if I'm bored of a particular survey.

The best site I know is whichsurveys.com as they split their listing geographically so you don't waste time visiting the US only sites.

20. biggles

biggles New Member

Happygal has proved it's possible to make money but yes, I think you need to be US or possibly UK based ideally.