How to advertise your website or blog for free

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by dolartree, Nov 1, 2007.

1. dolartree

dolartree New Member

How to advertise your website or blog for free

2. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

I've posted this list before:

SEO for organic
    articles
    press release
    message boards with a sig link
    free classifieds
    comments on other's blogs with link
    Yahoo directory - $300/year
    Dmoz directory
    multiple websites of your own - linking back to the target website
    your blog links back to your website
    Search engine registration
    ask for a review from a high traffic blog owner ($100-$500)
    figure out ways to get a linkback from a higher PR site

That should get you started.

Newbie Shield

3. pcwork

pcwork New Member

How effective are articles?

4. Hemjoe

Hemjoe Member

Article can very effective especially if they get indexed in google and appear high up the list

5. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Quoting: pcworkHow effective are articles?

They are very effective if the author is good.

Newbie Shield

6. Success100

Success100 New Member

Quoting: Newbie ShieldQuoting: pcwork
    How effective are articles?

They are very effective if the author is good.

Newbie Shield

I can agree with that 100%. I always suggest writing articles that are helpful to the type of audience that you are trying to reach. I also strongly suggest search engine registration as well.

7. ibw13

ibw13 New Member

Articles are very good and produce a target audience for you. Probably the best article sites can be found by doing a search in google for article sites.

I would post articles to 4 or 5 different article sites and then review your website traffic and see where the clicks came from.

Thanks

8. jlyn12

jlyn12 New Member

Can anyone provide a lead to free classifieds. Several sites would not allow MLM, affiliate, etc. and rejected. Even a home work classified rejected. I succeeded in getting 2 ads placed (usfreeads.com), but wonder if there are any others you can recommend that would take GPT advertising.

9. farid3136

farid3136 New Member

You can use mybloglog and blogcatalog for traffic diversion and promote your site

10. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Quoting: jlyn12Can anyone provide a lead to free classifieds
    Try Craigslist, post in the services section

11. matthemattrix

matthemattrix New Member

I think that posting helpful, thoughtful comments on high PR blogs is effective. You might not get direct link juice, since most have "no follow". However, a certain percentage do have "do follow" and if you post at enough blogs, then you are bound to hit some of these eventually.

In any case it's worth it, because people will click to your blog, and blog owners who like what you write may end up linking to your blog. Also, commenting is a great way to generate, formulate and hone ideas that you can then post on your own blog. (It's worth doing for that alone, I think.)

12. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Quoting: matthemattrixI think that posting helpful, thoughtful comments on high PR blogs is effective
    I agree, but it is usually very time consuming

13. jlyn12

jlyn12 New Member

Thanks for the suggestions! You guys are great.

14. bestmoneymaker

bestmoneymaker New Member

Content, popularity and links are 3 factors that will get you a good ammount of traffic. There are so many directories that you can submit to as previously mentioned. The good thing about directories is that you can get a decent ammount of targeted hits by placing your link in one of the catagories relevent to your site.

15. Breanne

Breanne Guest

Personally I make videos (like ones on YouTube). Because I believe more in Attraction Marketing, then I will try to add value and useful information in my videos. i always give out my website link but never push it. So the idea is to make videos relevent to your business w/o advertising it. Videos are free to do as long as you have a camera.

16. gamesofskill2

gamesofskill2 New Member

I have heard that social bookmarking your blog has come to be a very effective way of sharing your blog with people. Posting Free ads through Classifieds has also been effective in bring traffic to you website or blog.

17. mmstory

mmstory New Member

Quoting: wannaliverightgo to Blogger.com to get a free account. When you update your Blog you must Ping it also to get it to the search engines and out to the web faster.
    I use Wordpress. Could you please explain a bit more how I can Ping it from there? How do you compare Blogger with Wordpress? Thanks.

18. opendomain

opendomain New Member

i personally love article marketing. I have articles I wrote several months back still generating traffic for me daily. It is very easy to do and anyone can typically get a half decent article out once a day. Even if you do 2 a week in a years time you're looking at over 100 articles...

Hey Newbie, When are you going to put that list on a website...or better yet make a lens about it[​IMG]

19. Kesha

Kesha New Member

Breanne, how is that working for you?

20. CSGWAHM

CSGWAHM New Member

I second articles and press releases. Excellent way to get traffic! My home business has video tutorials showing step by step how to market and where to market. Once I learned some tricks of article marketing, I landed on the front page of google in the number 1,2, &5 spot within 24 hrs using specific keywords. I write articles consistently and I couldn't stop the traffic if I wanted to. Best part about writing articles and press releases, they're FREE!