How to build traffic to your website

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by Jyahfe, Nov 7, 2008.

1. Meshmore

Meshmore New Member

There is really no best way - it just depends on what you are capable of doing.

Article marketing is great - but some people are not into it - because they found that video marketing worked wonders for them.

From the numerous solutions that have been suggested - just choose the one you're comfortable working with - and stick to it until you get results.

Once you're confident about the form of advertising you have chosen - its time to learn other strategies

And its important to always have a plan. I think this is where most of us fail - we don't make a plan that we'll stick to on a daily basis.

And if people are not exposed to whatever you're selling(even if you have a great sales letter) you wont make any money.
  2. besthomebiz

besthomebiz New Member

What is catching on now and I don't see it mentioned here is video marketing. There are some neat ways to do your video. One is creating a power point slide and using it to create a video at animoto dot com (I am not affiliated with this site. I only use it) and animoto will automatically submit it for you to sites like youtube and revver. Make sure you include your web address at the bottom of every slide and you have to create and save each slide separately as a gif or jpg file format. PM me if you need any more help. You can also save the entire slide presentation and submit to slideshare dot com (again not affiliated with them). These sites have high page rank that will help you to get more traffic. Make your video interesting.
  3. amarz

amarz Guest

Hey well I used ezinearticles, google loves them and usually if you write an article and submit it then more than likely they will accept your article and it will be listed on the google search engine which is good traffic.
  4. kingfish

kingfish New Member

Heres all I need..It says it all....It's been good to me[​IMG]
  5. DrivingTraffic

DrivingTraffic New Member

Sooo many ways to do this... are you looking for instant gratification or long term success? Everybody here has definitely given you some great advice. The best thing to do would be to sit down and really think about the way you want to attack marketing your site. It's always good to research and implement some things that have proven successful for others in your industry.
  6. pplrulz

pplrulz New Member

Thanks for all the pointers... Is there any software that is good for ad submission
  7. amarz

amarz Guest

hmmm I am not pretty sure if there is but like I said, ezinearticles is loved by google so when you submit a decent article it will be posted on the search engine, and that brings good traffic. Make sure you have good keywords. so when people type those keywords they will be able to see your listing online.
  8. pplrulz

pplrulz New Member

thanks for the info...
  9. fixaprob

fixaprob New Member

Well, there are many ways to get traffic to your website..here are some

1.Directory submission
    2.Blog comments
    3.Facebook and twitter
    4.Free classified ads
    5.Forum posting.
  10. f5mtadas

f5mtadas Guest

I think try VIRAL traffic. I would recommend tell friend list.

but the viral campaign must be important. VIRAL traffic is smart advertising.
  11. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Active Member

An important point to understand about generating traffic on the web is of the various methods and means mention you want to make sure you are putting in advertising that leaves a long lasting imprint.

Articles,
    Forum Commenting
    Videos
    Blog Commenting
    Press Release, and similar types of web traffic methods leave a long lasting advertising that can serve you indefinitely.
  12. ChrisBrocklesby

ChrisBrocklesby New Member

Hi,
    Time, Back Links, Networking, Great Content and Time [​IMG]

All the best with your project...
  13. foxbat25

foxbat25 New Member

Hello, I have had great success with article marketing and some 2nd tier (PPC) Campaigns. I personally use EzineArticles.com and 7Search.com for some inexpensivee (PPC) Marketing.
  14. careasl

careasl New Member

Submit your site to Rss feed directories, business directories, and blog directories. I would also suggest writing articles, submitting your site to "do follow" social bookmarking sites such as digg, reddit, stumpleupon, slash dot etc.., and commenting on blogs.
    Its alot of work but with consistency you will reap the benefits of your hard work [​IMG]
  15. mikecole62

mikecole62 New Member

Ezine articles is my favorite. I think it's even better than PPC. Video marketing is a great way of getting traffic. Do a PowerPoint presentation and upload it. Make sure their is a "call to action" in your video. If you tell people to click on your link they will.
  16. TChurch

TChurch New Member

Jyahfe
    I like article marketing, blogs, link building
  17. mikecole62

mikecole62 New Member

Meshmore
    I have grown to love article marketing. Despite the fact that it takes so much time to do. Video marketing I don't know how to do yet. My strategy is to combine the two. I am using Traffic Geyser for my video marketing campaign. Have you heard of them?
  18. harrisonsmith

harrisonsmith New Member

Website Traffic can be increased by the following steps
    1. Articles Submission
    2. Posting in Forums
    3. Blog commenting
    4. Try to get more backlinks

in my opinion this will increase the website traffic
  19. Aaronbiz

Aaronbiz New Member

Nice to see some trends coming through with what people use.

Forums would have to be my favourite.
    ...and Safelists is something I have started to use this year.

Aaron Riddell
  20. gemma

gemma New Member

How can you submit articles in ezinearticle.com? Do you have to have a 100% new article? I just learned that we can use articles from public domain. Is this right?