How to capture your own leads

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by asskusabouttrav, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Leads are the life blood of my business. I need people going through my system to make sales with Coastal. There are many comapnies you can turn to to purchase leads ( CEM, Networker Central, Funtime and MLM Leads Genie just to name a few) but trust me there are a pile of them out there. What I have been doing over the last year is generating my own leads. I use capture pages to get the info and then either via Email or via telephone I work with that lead to get them the details they need to get started. Now we are fortunate in these forums to have a great collection of knowlege and experience in the leaders and entrepreneurs posting here. I thought I would start this string to lend some of that knowlege and call out other leaders to do the same.

I have created a capture page that does alot of my work for me. I have the majority of my advertising pointing to it. As people visit and fill in their info on this site they are redirected to a page outlining three of business opportunities I have to offer. This way when I do get them on the phone they at least know who I am and a little about the oportunities we will be talking about.
    The site I have created will redirect people to wherever you like. If its your movie page or your main page. It just makes them that much more qualified when you speak to them. Now alot of you have gone to this page before and I appreciate that you were good enough to put "test" in the comments area. I urge more to take a look at it by clicking the link below. The page is very easy to set up with templates for most of the popular home based businesses available including Coastal .The cost? A total of 56 dollars for the entire year. I know there are many other leaders here and would love to hear some ideas of what they are doing to drive people into their system. Im merely sharing one way. But with the support of the other leaders I hope to add to this string enough ideas for all of you to find the one thing thats right for you.

Sean Keely
    Level 3 Director CV
    FTV SE Distributor
    Expect Your Success Marketing

2. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Hi Sean,

Great thread. I've mentioned that I was a pioneer in internet based network marketing. One of the key systems that I used did exactly what you wrote out. It brought people through a generic movie and then I could post upto 5 opportunities on a system that gave options. Today, I take that as an education. I focus my efforts on Coastal Vacations.

When it comes to marketing and advertising it REALLY important to know what WORKS and what doesn't. I can tell you I've gotten a Very Expensive education in this area. One of the reasons I STILL to this day work with leads is because.....the experts are doing the work and the experts are also taking the hit.

If your leads provider places an ad and it costs $850 to place the ad and they get 15 leads...That's a big hit - They took it. If YOU did the same thing, it COULD be a major financial challenge.

I've shared that I work with coastal budget leads dot com . The reason I shared it is because for over 5 years I've used them to provide me with REAL PEOPLE to talk with...no tire kickers and no .. let's see what Jay's doing. I tool 2 hours on Thursday and added 16 new people to my pipeline.

There are ALOT of opportunities for trial and error...but I urge you to work with what works.

Jay NaPier
    Level 3 Director/ Master Trainer
    Coastal Vacations

3. Exactly Jay

I thank you for being such a great leader and adding to this string.
    Just a reminder folks. There is a way, a training, a coach and a lead source thats right for you. Jump into this amazing pool and choose the one thats Singing your Song.

To Your Success

Sean Keely
    Level 3 Director CV
    FTV SE Distributor
    Expect Your Success Marketing

4. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Lead capture pages are my favorite subject these days. In the next few days be on the look out for an exciting new product that will allow you to personalize and customize capture pages specifically for your business. How about adding video? What about webforms to capture the info in your back office? How about targeted campaign messages to follow up? And of course as they press submit they will be directed to whatever website you desire. If any of this interest you please contact me asap. I am running a major special for members of this forum in the upcoming week. This product will revolutionize the way you do business. With over 25 years of experience in this field our team will make the right solution for you. Also be on the look out for our amazing Internet Marketing video soon to be available to you. Lets grow our businesses together.

Adam

5. linkmetro

linkmetro New Member

Adam,

So what're you can offer to a newcomer?? How many websites? What else?? How about Marketing...??

lm

6. joesosa

joesosa New Member

Hi Jay,
    " I tool 2 hours on Thursday and added 16 new people to my pipeline..."

It's been a while, hope you see this. I still cannot see how you could get 16 people into your pipeline in 2 hours (just 7.5 minutes per...?) Me? am new at this, that's why I really would like to learn, and, being that the share-spirit is present in this thread and all...
    Do tell, please?
    Thanks!

7. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Hey Joe,

I appreciate your question. There are THOUSANDS of places you can buy leads, but for MANY you've got to use trial and error to find the right leads provider. I've used coastal budget leads dot com for a long time and ALWAYS gotten great response. I get about 5-10% that are wrong #, no longer interested and the like...but the other 90-95% are great leads.

I use a very simply 3 minute qualifying script that allows me to quickly put the information into peoples hands. I have a TON of Coastal Scripts, but when it comes down to it....you've got to ask what the prospect is REALLY looking for. They're not looking for a 30 minute conversation - they are looking to review the information. Short form is ALWAYS best when it comes to a first call.

I can quickly make calls, no down time with only 10 minutes break at the end of each hour. So, 2 hours give me 110 minutes of call time.

HOpe this helps.

Jay NaPier
    Platinum Director
    Coastal Vacations

8. joesosa

joesosa New Member

Well Jay,

Yes, your answer has taught me some good tips!...[​IMG]

-After hello, 3 minutes to qualify prospect
    -They are not looking for a half hour chat
    -They want to review the info (send them to the website and tell them you'll call them back to answer their Q's)

I'll follow up also, on your recommendation on Coastal Budget Leads. I've gotten good feedback on them.

Thanks for your good feith and very promt reply!

Joe.

9. ibizniz

ibizniz New Member

Hello

as you may know, most of the lead companies are justresellers of leads, they are merely lead brokers, they are not developing leads themselves. That is why when you purchase a lead you are nearly always competing against other marketers for the same lead.

Most leads get resold so many times that no wonder some coastal members get hang ups before they even introduce themselves.

It stands to reason, if a company tells you that they are selling you 40,000 leads which are unique to you, and there are 1,000 members using the service, that means that they have to generate 40,000,000 leads per month. Well I don't know about you, I am not sure there are even 40 million business opportunity seekers looking to start a home business every month.

As with everything, if it sounds too good to be true it probably is.

By all means when a new person starts in coastal having leads to talk to is a good thing, but they should also be trained where and how to generate leads for themselves to become free from the expense of purchasing leads every month. You know the old saying, if you teach a person to fish etc....

Hppe this helps
    maria

10. wapahm

wapahm New Member

Maria is right!
    buying leads when you first start or getting them from your director is a good thing
    (think of these as practice leads)
    you'll be more comfortable talking about what you are offering

in the mean time listen and apply what your director teaches about generating your own leads
    these are YOUR real leads
    and after all the practice, you'll be ready for them

cheers and success to all!

11. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

This is a great topic but id love for others to share how they are generating their own leads. I have my methods which ive talked about before. They include capture and squeeze pages which I make, doing customer appreciation days, fundraisers and the many online business networks ont he web. What are the rest of you doing? Please share as this is invaluable info to a new person.

Adam

12. ibizniz

ibizniz New Member

hello Adam

I use a mixture of things, incl article writing, ad placements, PPC and more

You can get all the tips for free on my website under advertising help

Cheers
    maria

13. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Hey Maria,

By far I think you offer one of the most comprehensive total packages as a director in terms of starting people out. If you dont mind me asking as im putting together my incentive starter kit complete with many of the same features you offer what do you find the success rate for new members to be? Did offering most incentives help you teammates succeed? I know it has to help on your bottomline as anyone seeing a bunch of free stuff to get started will jump at the chance. As Im going to be offering free stuff as well I really want to see if it made a difference in how your teammates fare. Thanks.

Adam

14. ibizniz

ibizniz New Member

Hello Adam

absolutely yes it makes a difference

Even if you take away all the training materials, free tools, manual, my training website etc

Having free leads and 2 free websites to get you started has made a difference, but saying that, I have always offered free websites to my team members ever since I started 6 yrs ago.

I send out training emails to my group at least 3x per week and usually 4-5x per week.

For example, yesterdays email covered all the changes that have taken place with submitting articles, the day before I covered PPC.

I have sent out training emails for 6 yrs now, and that is what keeps everyone motivated, they can see what I am doing and they know that the only way they can fail is by giving up.

good luck to you Adam

Hope this helps
    maria

15. blackm

blackm New Member

Being new to Coastal and with no help from my director, where can I go do get the best leads for my money at the lowest price. I noticed that Jay said he has purchased leads from 66 cents a piece to up to $5 to $10 a piece. I am on a low budget having been one to be scammed to a point and need to get started to get my money back to do more serious advertising. Any help?

16. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Marsha, you need to be a qualified Director before you want to start buying leads etc.

I'm not sure if you understand what all of us are telling you about Coastal vacations and qualifying to be able to buy the actual packages.

What will you be selling that you need leads for?

At the risk of repeating ourselves, A person buys a PACKAGE FIRST, than they give up 2 sales to their Director during the coaching and training phase and than they are released as a qualified Director, any other way is bogus.

Terri

17. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Quoting: luvtravelMarsha, you need to be a qualified Director before you want to start buying leads etc.

Hey Terri,

I'm not sure if this is a type o or if your serious or if this is some new way of marketing a business I've not seen???

Any successful business begins marketing right away. I prefer leads as you get a number of leads X for Y Dollars. You know what you've got before you commit. My first investment in a classified as cost $150 and I got 6 leads.....which gave me 0 return on investment....but I did get an education.

Jay NaPier

18. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Quoting: jnapierHey Terri,

I'm not sure if this is a type o or if your serious or if this is some new way of marketing a business I've not seen???

Any successful business begins marketing right away. I prefer leads as you get a number of leads X for Y Dollars. You know what you've got before you commit. My first investment in a classified as cost $150 and I got 6 leads.....which gave me 0 return on investment....but I did get an education.

Jay NaPier

Jay, this is the person who did NOT buy a package and get into Coastal by qualifying, she purchased all the releases. What does she have to sell? What would she need leads for to sell releases? That's my point.

Of course if she were going to get qualified eventually and was serious about purchasing the package than she could begin to market and advertise how else would you get qualifying sales.

Terri

19. rhondap

rhondap New Member

If this is the case it would be pretty hard to market something you do not have yourself.

I would suggest get trained through the Official calls and training website and BUY the package then start marketing.

JMO.

20. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Quoting: rhondapIf this is the case it would be pretty hard to market something you do not have yourself.

I would suggest get trained through the Official calls and training website and BUY the package then start marketing.

JMO.

Exactly Rhonda!

Terri