How to find out who hosta a site?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by redsadie, Jun 10, 2009.

1. redsadie

redsadie New Member

Hi guys

I was wondering if it's possible to find out from a website who the host is? There is a site I would like to find out where it's hosted as it's not apparent on the pages, but cant seem to find it when viewing the source code. I know it's a Dreamweaver site but that's all I can make out.

Any help gratefully appreciated as ever [​IMG]
  2. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

3. redsadie

redsadie New Member

Thanks hun, I should've thought about that!

I found the host and the domain name registrar too but can anyone tell me what this means?

Domain status: clientDeleteProhibited

Does this mean that nothing can be changed or transferred to another host?

Thanks. [​IMG]

What it is is I'm taking over the web maintenance of a business local to me and building them an SBI! site too (all exciting stuff!) but I think I might have a bit of bother with the existing web management guy so trying to find out as much as possible before hand to arm myself. He's trying to land the business owners with a bill for ??125 + vat for the years hosting (updated in March) and domain but I don't know if I would be able to do anything with it if the above statement means nothing can be done with it?

Owww, I'm rambling now!

Thanks for any input and thanks again Getagrip [​IMG]
  4. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

redsadie: building them an SBI! site too (all exciting stuff!)
    woohoo - that sounds like fun - you are on roll girl! [​IMG]
  5. redsadie

redsadie New Member

mountainmom5: woohoo - that sounds like fun - you are on roll girl!
    I know!! And they're paying me 1/2 upfront now and then a monthly fee so I'll be able to buy myself one [​IMG] Got to go and find out lots about what people are wanting to know about hotels, lol!
  6. samda

samda Member

In domain tools you can only check if the host has put a word about his company. If not there is no go....