How to find real telecommuting opportunities?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Living_abroad, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Living_abroad

Living_abroad New Member

Hi everyone,

First, I'd like to introduce myself: I'm a new member looking for advice on working from home. I'm a US citizen living in Spain, so telecommuting work is pretty much my only option, and I'm looking for a job, not a work from home business opportunity. The skills I could offer are graphic/web design, web localization translation, transcription, online language tutoring (I'm fluent in English, Spanish and Russian), non-fiction writing, editing/proofreading... or something along these lines, anything goes really, however, I'd like to avoid any kind of sales and marketing. Basically, I'm looking for some source of stable income, not just occasional freelance gigs (tried that, proved to be a hassle and unreliable).

I've been looking for remote work for a while, with no success so far. I've done a lot of research, have looked at a number of websites (all turned out to be scams or some type of sales/marketing schemes), searched on Craiglsist, etc., tried to convince my past employers to let me work remotely (proved to be useless), end even took a stab at working for Appen Butler Hill as a web search evaluator (apparently, this type of work is not for me). Getting quite frustrated and demoralized, to be honest... I'm sure many people here can relate to this experience, but maybe someone could share their success story and give me some advice, I'd really appreciate it. I don't need a lot of money, $1000/month would be enough for me, but I'd prefer a part-time (less than 30 hrs/week) flexible-hour job (although I could match US EST office hours if needed). Does such a thing even exist?

Thanks in advance for any information, tips or advice!

2. payment proof

payment proof Well-Known Member

Search the various work at home forums, such as this one. Many legit work at home positions are in the customer service area. Also avoid any that attempt to charge an up front fee.