How to Generate Leads Online for FREE

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by DanaGlover, Nov 13, 2008.

1. DanaGlover

DanaGlover New Member

When I joined my first network marketing business SEVERAL [​IMG] years ago, I did everything I was told to do. . .

I made my list. . .
    I brought people to hotel meetings. . .
    I bought a list of so called "fresh" leads. . .
    I cold called until I lost my voice. . .
    I placed ads. . .
    I did mailings. . .

I've done it all. If you're like me, then you know those things produce limited results and are not duplicatable because the average person can not/will not want to do those things.

I jumped from program from program over the years, thinking that if I could find one with just the right product. . . I would finally be able to make some money. Unfortunately, I learned that it wasn't the products. . . it was me and my lack of business building skills.

Earlier this year, I was blessed to be mentored by an online marketer that earns 6 figures yearly and relies solely on FREE advertising methods. I've put them in place and it has truly turned by business around so I thought I would share a few of my favorites:

1. Social Networks
    Create a MySpace account and start inviting others to be your friends. DO NOT make your page an ad for your business, you do not want to turn people off. As you communicate with your friends, they will ask you what you do and then the door will be open for you to share your business. Tip: you should be adding at least 10 friends a day. . . consistency is key.

2. Free Classified Ads
    This is my all-time favorite method. Craigslist is one of the most visited sites on the internet. You can advertise here for FREE. Do not try to sell your product in this add, your ONLY goal is to give them just enough info to make them want to click to visit your website. You should ONLY be advertising your lead capture page so that you can follow up with them consistently. Again, please remember that consistency is key. . .

3. Video Marketing
    Create a video of yourself giving a testimony or some type of business advice. Post your video on YouTube for free. Users there can do a targeted search and will be able to view your video if it is relevant to their search. When you post your video you will be able to list your website to drive interested prospects there. . . again, send them to your lead capture page- follow up is key.

I use several other methods but the ones above are my favorites and easy to implement into your business. Consistency is key with any of these methods.

Feel free to share your success stories using FREE online marketing methods. If you have any questions for me, feel free to ask.

Dana

[Link removed - Admin]

2. PMHayes

PMHayes New Member

I agree with your aproach. Utilizing the Attraction Marketing methods above plus blogging and participating in forums has brought me not necessarily more leads than one could purchase, but more than enough, and better quality. I have placed more people in my downline this way than with the old standard, buy leads, make a list, etc. methods. Great post.

3. cupbucket

cupbucket New Member

Tenacity is key!

4. cherie27

cherie27 New Member

DanaGlover: Consistency is key with any of these methods.

The page to advertise is always the lead capture page. [​IMG]

5. websmarts

websmarts New Member

How much time daily or weekly do you soend doing this type of marketing? I am just starting with social networking (facebook) and right now I am just contacting friends. Do you tend to see a good response even when adding people you don't know or is it still just a numbers game?

6. rcerrone

rcerrone New Member

I just started doing the videos on youtube and I would have never of thought of that... It is free and people can see the product....

7. wealthandhealth

wealthandhealth New Member

I agree all these a great ways to generate leads and the best part about it is they are all FREE WAYS!

8. dbaoms

dbaoms New Member

This is great advice. Is there a way to advertise an online opportunity on Craigslist for free still? Perhaps it's just in my city, but there seems to be a $25 charge for any sort of business posting. Thanks!

9. nanciejim

nanciejim New Member

Hi Dana,

That is just the kind of advice I have been looking for. Thanks!

nanciejim

10. nanciejim

nanciejim New Member

Not sure what city you are in, but check other areas. Some of the largest cities do charge a fee.
    nanciejim

11. brentw

brentw New Member

A couple of things I find funny here:

1. I used to be a master at Craigslist
    advertising. I was generating 100's of
    prospects a week through it. Problem
    is, Craigslist adapts really quickly. Finding
    quality leads there is a crapshoot now.

2. Dana's sig says Former MLM Loser.
    My mentor is known online as the Former
    MLM Loser and even has a website to that