How to get advertisers for your website

Discussion in 'Web Design and Hosting' started by dkdubb, Apr 14, 2008.

1. dkdubb

dkdubb New Member

What is the best way to go about getting advertisers for your website other than google adsense or something like that? I am talking about like some sort of search looking for companies that are looking for sites to advertise on.
    Also, how do you go about figuring out how to charge them for their ad space? Do you start with a CPM (Cost per thousand impressions) and go from there or is it easier to do a monthly fee instead?

2. Marktech

Marktech Member

See how "google adsense" is in blue and double underlined in your post? that is from Content Link. I believe that they pay webmasters to run their program on pages. The owner of this forum may be able to explain better than me how it works, but I think Content Link pays the webmaster so much money per 1000 impressions, (and/or perhaps clicks on the actual links).

Anyway, if you do a google search for "adsense alternatives" - in quotes, you will get over 55,000 results - so there are a few alternatives out there.

3. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

Marktech: The owner of this forum may be able to explain better than me how it works, but I think Content Link pays the webmaster so much money per 1000 impressions, (and/or perhaps clicks on the actual links).

They pay on click basis. It's meager compared to AdSense but they all ad up [​IMG]