How to improve this Forum ??

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by netjobs, Feb 3, 2007.

1. netjobs

netjobs Member

Well, yes, the title is my question. How to improve this work-at-home-forum.com? I am not the moderator of this forum. But, I got lots of benefits to my online business from this forum and as well as from the admin. So, its my personal interest to develop a good forum and makes it popular further. I request other members to post their suggestions to improve this forum on your view...

I have couple of suggestions as well..

1. One Email subscription box should be in the bottom on every page, so that anyone (not only members) can subscribe this wonderful forum and get updates regularly.

2. Giving some incentives to the members for quality posts and also the quality posts can be decided by other members like putting some scripts on each post (+ or -) so when members click the + sign one score will be added to that member benefit and so on, but the final decision could be made by the admin.

3. Allowing few more signature links with title (at present only URLs)

4. Another Sub-forum for Free Advertising to the members (only area to advertise)

This is just my suggestions and what you guys think of it?
  2. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for thinking of improving this forum.

Quoting: netjobs1. One Email subscription box should be in the bottom on every page, so that anyone (not only members) can subscribe this wonderful forum and get updates regularly.

I had enabled this feature earlier but as email is losing it's charm, each thread now as it's own rss feed which you can subscribe to by clicking on the orange XML icon. For those who still prefer email, you can get email notifications of new posts through email by subscribing through Feedblitz (at the bottom of pages).

Quoting: netjobs2. Giving some incentives to the members for quality posts and also the quality posts can be decided by other members like putting some scripts on each post (+ or -) so when members click the + sign one score will be added to that member benefit and so on, but the final decision could be made by the admin.

Well I already acknowledge members who contribute to this forum through quality posts by upgrading their membership to "Preferred Member" status and including them in my friends page.

Regarding usage of scripts, any automated solution is prone to abuse in the long run and difficult to maintain.

Quoting: netjobs3. Allowing few more signature links with title (at present only URLs)

I had discussed this earlier and feel that by allowing signatures with more than one link with titles, two things happen: readers get distracted and search engines too. And members may also get motivated to post simply to get exposure for their site. Quality of posts has been my highest priority and I believe my principle has been paying off by witnessing the growth this forum has been achieving.

Quoting: netjobs4. Another Sub-forum for Free Advertising to the members (only area to advertise)

I had discussed this earlier too. Visitors come to forums for information and I suspect hardly very few would be interested in reading those ads. The only ones reading would be members who post ads. Laying down guidelines would also be a huge task as opening such a forum is like sending an open invitation to spammers.
  3. netjobs

netjobs Member