How to increase PR

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by gjohnson85, May 19, 2009.

1. daniel: just advertise...
    Actually this will not help with PR. It just gets you more exposure if you do it well. But paid links can actually backfire and get you penalized so be careful.

-Danielle
  2. newbiz02

newbiz02 New Member

moneymaker1008: Actually this will not help with PR. It just gets you more exposure if you do it well
    ...but it might help with at least getting indexed, if you get alot of visitors.

Newbie Shield: One high PR DO FOLLOW backlink is worth more than dozens of low PR backlinks.
    Really? Newbie could you possibly be exagerating here to illustrate the point about good pr? Because If you really meant this- ill have to do some googling.

GlennELee: Your content needs to be unique (at least by 40% according to Google)
    40%?... It used to be around 30% - 35%. Even though my copies are usually around 42% to 50%. I like to have a nice buffer. But im still in the clear.

elle14: Anyway,I don't believe in blog commenting when it comes in gaining backlinks. Because blog are moderated by the it's owner. I tried my best commenting in their article but I just waste my time. Since they don't approve it especially if your site is related to your site.
    yeah, i know It happens alot, and its really tedious to comment. But if its a big blog with alot of traffic, the owner doesnt have time to moderate all the comments, so as long as your ip is not blacklisted by the spam filter, your comment should appear quickly on those blogs.

bdavis01: More and more blogs are going to "No-Follow" Links
    Yea it sux. But oh well there are alot more that still work. But some are removing their "no-follow" codes too.

andyc12: Strong backlinks are the key to pimp Google or if your going to do it yout self do around 10 blogs pointing back to your site then use dig and stumble upon to promote them, If you have friends with websites then swap links and tell them to bookmark your site along with others that way Google sees the site has a favorate
    Excellent one mate. but you will be hard-pressed to find many who can keep this up. I dont think Stumble upon and digg are enough to maintain this, but its a start (i think you know this already). You will have to do everything youre struggling with on your one site.... Except that now its multiplied 10 times. muahaha [​IMG]

And because this technique is tough to maintain, only cool guys like you and me may own the serps. [​IMG] For example, I easily have over 10 blogs and various articles pointing to one of my posts. But, If i cant promote each of them well, i wont fully enjoy the juicyness of this power. But im working on that at the moment. *now, time to let these bots do all my work* [​IMG]
  3. aaramire

aaramire New Member

To increase your PR you need to have your website gain Authority. The way to achieve this is through obtaining back links. You can do this buy commenting on blogs and forums (contributing info to your niche and or topic of the blog no spam)

writing articles, writing and distributing e-books, etc etc.

Once you have plenty of content on your site then your link building journey begins.
  4. Jean LA

Jean LA New Member

There are lots you can do for a site to improve PR like article marketing and additional backlink strategies.

The main thing is that you should not bother yourself giving it PR as long as you got constant traffic that gives you profit, it will do.
  5. arpih

arpih New Member

1. Include useful high-quality information on your site
    2. Submit your site to various web directories and reference sites
    3. Publicize your site to everyone with whom you communicate
    4. Write a newsletter and send it out
    5. Provide a Rich Site Summary (RSS)
    6. Ask other high-quality websites to link to your website
    7. Provide motivation for highly ranked websites to link to yours
    8. Check out a site before you link back
    9. Tell the press about your site
    10. Keep your website up
    11. Translate your website into foreign languages
  6. Pransk

Pransk New Member

you should go for SEO of your site they will optimize your site and also your back links will be increase this can increase the PR of your site.
  7. DwayneZ

DwayneZ New Member

Seth: you need more backlinks ?

create articles or submit your site to top directories...
    Articles are great backlinks for your site/page as these can rank well on their own. They can still gain popularity and when it comes, it can become a great high PR backlink.
  8. jhoecannon

jhoecannon New Member

One of the newest tools out there that will help you get a lot of links back to your site is called Traffic Bug. Take a look at it. Give it a try.[​IMG]
  9. Rose Moore

Rose Moore New Member

Yeah strong back links can boost your PR and SERPs positions as well.

But sometimes I come across some blogs, which have quality info with PR but no alexa and backlinks. I am confused about Google algo. Does it really consider backlinks when awarding PR to any site? Or only content do that tasks. I don't think those blogs admin know anything about SEO, backlinks or PR.

I am curious!!!

Thanks
    Rose
  10. JoelCowen

JoelCowen New Member

There are several factors that Google PR considers. Age, Backlinks, Content, ect. I would focus on just creating great content for others to enjoy...the PR will follow.

Joel
  11. jenn_k

jenn_k New Member

1. Update your website every day by adding more unique content. If you site has some information for a visitor then it is 100% chance for him to come back to your site again.
    2. Provide inside linking to your website. For example you can provide a link of your previous and next articles on an article page. Or you can provide a list of related articles so visitor can remains a long time on your website.
    3. Build a sitemap for your website (XML based for Google and text based for yahoo) and submit sitemap to Google and yahoo. Get a Google webmaster account and sign in there to see your website statistics. It will also tell you if you site is indexed or not, and your page rank in Google.
    4.Trade your link with other web owners. Put their link on your website and they will put your link in them. This is for free and the very fast way to improve your visibility in search engines.
  12. robert jean

robert jean New Member

Good content is - First of all, PR (PageRank) is no longer a truly important factor, in fact Google just recently dropped it from their Webmaster Tools.
    Hey page rank can be increase by two way first is on page optimization and second is off page optimization. In this manner you can increase your page rank.
    We do know that acquiring links from trusted website's can impact your rankings and improve your ranking position.We at Seofurnish has experience and talent to help you understand your aims. We're honest and professional and we believe in 100% client satisfaction. Our system helps our clients to achieve high rankings in Search Engines like Google, Yahoo and MSN.
  13. potsyn

potsyn Guest

One of the factors that affect page rank is the number of back links that you are getting. In order to create links, engaging on the techniques such as blog commenting, social bookmarking and networking, article submission, classified ads, press release and link exchange helps. Make sure to create links from relevant and Dofollow sites because Google gives more value on them.
  14. jhoecannon

jhoecannon New Member

A good place to try to exchange backlinks is to register at http://value-exchange.sitesell.com/. Don't register there unless you have a good website - they will ban you if you do.. But, if you do have a good website with a lot of good info, it is a good place to exchange links to websites that are using the same keywords that you are using.
  15. verdecove

verdecove New Member

jenn_k: 4.Trade your link with other web owners. Put their link on your website and they will put your link in them. This is for free and the very fast way to improve your visibility in search engines.

I disagree on the Link Trading especially if your site has a low PR.
    Each outgoing (outbound) link will weaken the strength of your site a bit. So you need way more incoming links (backlinks) than outgoing links. Compare this to a barrel you pour water in but with each bucket of water you fill in, your barrel starts leaking a little bit more.
    For an e.g. PR5 site an outgoing link won't hurt as much as it does for a PR1 site since the PR5 site for sure has a good amount of strong backlinks.
  16. gh2005

gh2005 New Member

Toolbar PR doesn't mean anything. The search engines use PagRank to calculate SERP's but not the pagerank that everyone talks about.
  17. Tech Maish

Tech Maish New Member

You need quality links.
    Not all links will give you benefit. So try to gain some reputable links.
    Quality Links = Increase in Pr
  18. jhoecannon

jhoecannon New Member

Yes, high quality links are the best. Google knows that people create most of their links on blogs and forums and does not give them much weight.

One good place to get easy, high quality links is on Web 2.0 websites such as linkedin.com, twibs.com, and zoominfo.com. When you create your user profile, you can create a link to your website. Google considers these high quality links.
  19. potsyn

potsyn Guest

Page rank is calculated based on the quality of inbound links that you are getting. The more quality of links, the higher chances for your site to get high PR.
  20. uliran

uliran New Member

jaesun16
    I don't think using traffic exchanges will increase your PR. I've 3 blogs with bidvertiser ads on them and I am using 150 Traffic Exchange sites but the PR of those blogs remains at PR1. Worst Alexa.com is not counting the traffic obtained from TE sites.