How to make money online

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by joe_jill, May 7, 2008.

1. joe_jill

joe_jill New Member

Hi fiends,
    I am new here, Someone PLEASE tell me exactly how you can easily make money online without spending a lot to start and not starting a traditional business....
    Thanks in advance!

2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Welcome joe_jill,
    Ummm, there isn't really a silver bullet to making money easily online...[​IMG]

Everything has a learning curve and there are programs scattered throughout this forum to help you learn the ropes of things like affiliate marketing, etc...

I personally think a business is the easiest way to make money online - but that's just my opinion.[​IMG]

Here's the scoop with an online business. The trick is in finding out how to market it and draw people to your doors, so to speak.

If you have a business on Main Street in town, you would advertise in the local paper, people walk past your doors and eventually they stop in and take a look...

The main difference between an offline or online business, is that there are different methods of marketing or drawing traffic past your storefront....

Happy researching!

3. aplina

aplina New Member

if you are good with writing artricles you can do that and submit it to artricles directoy. use social booking, and the forum. thiis are free methods .

4. photomom04

photomom04 New Member

As mentioned, freelance writing is one of quickest and easiest, also blogging, ebay, etc. If you can do a few different things you can make a decent income.

5. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

Hello joe_jill,

I was in the same situation last July..
    After trying to figure things out on my own for 4 months, I finally joined Wealthy Affiliate University, and began making money writing ads and articles.
    There is a review below complete with a video page if you want to check it out.
    You can also watch some You Tube marketing Vids.
    I hope this is helpful for you,
    Victoria

6. LauraLicata

LauraLicata New Member

joe_jill: Hi fiends,
    I am new here, Someone PLEASE tell me exactly how you can easily make money online without spending a lot to start and not starting a traditional business....
    Thanks in advance!

Blogging and writing articles to submit to ezines is absolutely the best way to create backlinks and your presence on the internet.

If you'd like you can PM me and I can give you the links to a couple of good ebooks to get you started.

Take care,

Laura

7. Homeboy

Homeboy New Member

Squidoo is completely free. Go there and set up your own squidoo lens (i.e. a quick and easy lil web page) for free, and add some links to interesting articles you've found on the internet. Then throw in some affiliate links to monetize the lens, and see what happens. [​IMG]

8. BillyPilgrim

BillyPilgrim New Member

I've got a FREE ebook coming out about how I made my first $100+ week in article marketing. Watch this board or feel free to PM me. No cost start up to your first check!

BP

9. Escalade

Escalade Guest

Hi Joe_Jill,

My advice is to be really careful when looking for online jobs/opportunities as there are tons of scams on the Internet. Like you, I was also looking for ways to make some money from home using my computer.

First, I saw surveys and data entry jobs. I did my research and I have seen more negatives than positive comments about them based on people's personal experiences.

Then I have also seen online business opportunities where you need to make an initial investment of anywhere between $400 to $3,500 to get started. That's just insane. What you get are tons of products that you won't necessarily need.

There also tons of MLM/Network Marketing programs out there. Most if not all have similar models of pyramid/matrix structures. Here you will find that the beneficiaries are the ones who have started before you and are at the top of the structure. So be very careful.

Starting any online business, whether it's fully automated or not, requires a lot work in the beginning. After that, you can pretty much put your business in auto-pilot. Last but not the least, you will need support to ensure that you do well with it. If you would like, you can click on the link below. This website is perfect for beginners and I believe they are giving away FREE vacations for the ones who start their own online business with their system. If you're a US resident, there is a way you can start for FREE. I wish you the best of luck.

Jerome

10. 1trae

1trae New Member

There are alot of scams on the internet. I think affiliate marketing is the way to go because you can make good income with no investment.

11. Homeboy

Homeboy New Member

1trae: There are alot of scams on the internet. I think affiliate marketing is the way to go because you can make good income with no investment.

Assuming you can get your head around google adwords first...

12. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Homeboy: Assuming you can get your head around google adwords first...

LOL - I agree! That in itself has a learning curve all it's own - but there are some really good programs to help you out with that...

13. GavinStephenson

GavinStephenson New Member

Yes Yes Yes

First of all you cant make money. You can only receive it.

This is how you receive. LOOK for problems, become the solution then start marketing..

Give away more in value than you take in cash will keep people coming back for more.

Want more Nahhhhh

14. pjworker

pjworker New Member

Gavin's point is one of the best: "LOOK for problems, become the solution". Excellent advice.

My "tip of the day" is to figure out what you like to do and then find a way to do it. If you enjoy writing, like I do, there are many ways to use that to earn a living. If you enjoy photography, there are markets for your photos. There are many low-cost or free alternatives for starting an online business if you base it on what you know and enjoy.

15. GavinStephenson

Thats right... Do What You Love to do..

I love contributing to peoples lives ... Helping others for FREE it isnt about the money its about everyone else living a better life ..

Like oprah she loves to serve people. She doesn't think about money, money comes with it. money is an extention from her love of helping others. So if your in MLM or network marketing you have love contributing to other people lives..

What you give away you get to keep. So give away abundance love and fun.. guess what karma will return ten fold

When is about money, you wont get nothing

16. jschuman

jschuman New Member

Affiliate marketing is fantastic. So is writing website and blog content. Selling private label rights works great for many people. Pick up a copy of "20 Ways To Make $100 A Day Online" and you will find something that appeals to you. I personally do 9 of the 20 to make a full time living online and love making money on the internet.

17. ljeb

ljeb New Member

Why did my post get deleted?

18. GavinStephenson

You may have been promoting a link or something. This place doesnt allow you to post links or for you to promote your product.. Strictly help advices ideas sharing between one another

Cheers

19. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

joe_jill: Hi fiends,
    Thanks in advance!

Hi joe_jill,

As far as "easily" goes, there is no such animal.

However, you don't need to "spend a lot" to make money. But you will have to spend money from time to time if you want to bring your income levels up.

In answer to your main question - how do you make money online:

You identify the components of online marketing and related components. You then study each component. Then you plan. Then you implement. Then you tweak.

Continue a life-long study.

That's the short answer.

~Newbie Shield~

20. OkieDokie

OkieDokie New Member

Well I am a big fan of the website below because they have live help to answer your questions and all the opportunities listed on the website are legitimate ways to make money from home. JMO!