How to promote your website for free.

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by ahgow8882, Apr 29, 2009.

1. ahgow8882

ahgow8882 New Member

I have tried online marketing for 3 years, lost quite $$ still haven't give up making it and earning income online to support my family. Again lost my job 3 months ago and found a new site to work on freelance jobs.
    How to get clicks free and ways to promote the website for free.

Anyone help!
  2. profitgenie

profitgenie New Member

Depends where you wish to promote your website, Dont know if they will allow URL but you can get $250 in free advertising with ads and cash it is for a traffic exchange but it is a good start and it cost you nothing go to networkingwithprofit.com/anc.html and get started. If TE not for you try article marketing is a good source of free traffic.

PG
  3. prom0406

prom0406 New Member

I can relate to your current situation, I also have been recently laid-off because of our current economic situation.

Being new to internet marketing I don't concider myself to be an expert but here are a few of the things I'm doing to increase targeted traffic to my make money website.

1.) Write as many keyword targeted articles as you can and post them on a article directory website. I use Ezine articles and it has generated my first sell. You can learn more about ezine here http://ezinearticles.com

2.) Create a Squidoo lens or Blog. This is an excellent way of generating linkbacks to your money making website. You can learn more about Squidoo here http://www.squidoo.com

3.) Place some classified ads. I suggest you try http://www.usfreeads.com. Google loves this site and a keyword targeted ad will get picked up by the search engines.

I hope this helps.
  4. gridellas

gridellas New Member

Those are some great tips and they do work well. There are many more but if you start there first and master those ways then you can move on to something else. [​IMG]
  5. TshirtFrank

TshirtFrank New Member

Those are some great tips! I would also highly suggest building a twitter account. You can drive a lot of targeted traffic that way.
  6. garygoh

garygoh New Member

prom0406: 3.) Place some classified ads. I suggest you try http://www.usfreeads.com. Google loves this site and a keyword targeted ad will get picked up by the search engines.
    This one probably is not true anymore.
  7. bells401

bells401 Member

Can i please get some opinions on traffic exchanges? I have never upgraded because i feel like most of them are useless. What am i doing wrong? [​IMG]
  8. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Posting on relevant forums may help.
  9. johnjimat

johnjimat New Member

this is what i do to promote my site

1. give comment to popular blog - 10 blog a day, the blog must related with you niche

2- Posting in the popular forum - put your signature

3- submit to directory link

4- join popular social networking site, and start interact with your friend

hope this will help you [​IMG]
  10. ahgow8882

ahgow8882 New Member

Hi, and thanks to all that reply/posted.

Really appreciate all the support and advise.

Many thanks,

ahgow
  11. johnjimat

johnjimat New Member

you're welcome ahgow8882. we love to help you...
  12. coffee

coffee New Member

If you do a search for free advertising forums, you'll get a lot. I have posted to several of them and get a few hits and have even seen them come up on a google search.
  13. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Ahgow,

Aside from the mechanical methods posted, most of which should be used, create content that is newsworthy. That will get you some backlinks from important blogs, which will give you a reputation boost as well as quite a bit of traffic. Innovation is very helpful as well.

~Newbie Shield~
  14. ahgow8882

ahgow8882 New Member

Barb Thornback: Try these 10 Free ways to get more traffic to your site:-

1. Write and submit articles . This will create traffic for years to come. Write quality unique articles, not articles that provide no substance for readers.
    Hi Barb Thornback ,

Thanks for the great Tips, some I already doing, will try them out.

ahgow
  15. jaesun16

jaesun16 New Member

Using Traffic exchange tools or sites!

I think you don't want to spend money to promote..

since you don't want invest, you have to put your efforts to

traffic exchange sites..

Simply you click others's site for traffic exchange!~~

It is working !

but, do not put whole of your time on this [​IMG]

Spend couple minutes a day will be nice to make 1 or 2 sales a week.

Thank you

Happy day~^^[​IMG]
  16. ahgow8882

ahgow8882 New Member

jaesun16: Using Traffic exchange tools or sites!

I think you don't want to spend money to promote..

since you don't want invest, you have to put your efforts to

traffic exchange sites..
    Actually I invested thousands on Google adwords and try traffic exchange with worst results and wasting my time on it.

Now I can only bet on Blogging and Adsense for some results.

Thanks for your advice.

ahgow
  17. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

One good way of getting traffic is by giving away free stuff. Setup a website and put good content on the site and offer a free deal of the week option. There are many tools on the internet you can use. Ive been giving away free leads to generate a list as well as traffic myself with great results.
  18. mwyawahf

mwyawahf New Member

1. Write and submit articles to the article directories.
    2. Leave comments on other people's blogs with a backlink to your site.
    3. Answer people's questions on Yahoo! Answers - Home.
    4. Post in forums and have a link to your site in your signature.
    5. Write a press release and submit it to PRWeb::The Online Visibility Company
  19. EwanRobb

EwanRobb New Member

Are you using social media? facebook, Twitter etc? show up as leader, provide value and good content. Im driving 20+ leads per day using social media
  20. nanlar

nanlar New Member

I have really had great success from keyword targeted articles. Forums and free advertising has also helped such as craigs list.