How to promote your website for free.

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by ahgow8882, Apr 29, 2009.

1. cocofine

cocofine New Member

I have some new blogs, and I am also learning how to increase free traffic.

Thanks for sharing the info here.[​IMG]
  2. compworkers

compworkers New Member

Web 2.0 is the ULTIMATE in free advertising. In this day and age social networking sites and anything to do with online media has exploded. Its the new secret the BIG money makers are talking about.

When you look at the TOP search results you see google, myspace, facebook, youtube etc... what does this mean? It means that if you adapt the "ezine writing" strategy to video and upload to youtube you get listed on google in a matter of 15 mins.

Google LOVES video content. Have you noticed new links that point to video just under the paid advertising space of google? These are totally FREE videos that have been posted using youtube.

Im not saying to totally forget ezine writing, all I'm saying is whip out your camcorder and start making some videos. It could be on the next topic you had for your ezine article or something about you to get some relationship building.

Nothing is better then free advertising.

Nick
  3. ProsperityMom

ProsperityMom New Member

although this is not free it is a very inexpensive and, for me,very successful way of advertising to targeted lists of people -Ezine Solo ADs.

Now having said that - some are very expensive but I use TopSurfer which is not expensive and very responsive. Good for list building and sales.

Good Luck!
  4. dovechocolatier

dovechocolatier New Member

There is still yahoo groups and the ning groups that are doing pretty for me.
  5. moneyboi

moneyboi New Member

I have had some luck using digg to get traffic and good rank in google
  6. ahgow8882

ahgow8882 New Member

moneyboi: I have had some luck using digg to get traffic and good rank in google
    What is digg ?
  7. johnjimat

johnjimat New Member

ya i m also using digg for my blog and website. everytime i post a new article. i submit my new post link at digg. i got pretty good traffic from there for my blog. [​IMG]
  8. linhn

linhn New Member

I'm also new at internet marketing and have recently written a blog in wordpress to try and drive traffic to my website. Unfortunately I haven't had many people view my blog. How do I get traffic to my blog?
  9. newbiz02

newbiz02 New Member

linhn: How do I get traffic to my blog?
    hi there,
    your question has already been answered above.
  10. Mark_Worthen

Mark_Worthen New Member

linhn: I'm also new at internet marketing and have recently written a blog in wordpress to try and drive traffic to my website. Unfortunately I haven't had many people view my blog. How do I get traffic to my blog?
    1. Decide what kind of audience you want to target, e.g., people brand new to Internet marketing and home business entrepreneurship.

2. Write blog posts that help those people obtain information they are looking for; solve problems they are facing; recommend tools & resources that help them grow their business.

3. Host your own Wordpress blog, as opposed to using the free version. There's a great guide out there called Wordpress for Internet Marketers by Leanne King.

4. Choose a simple, clean theme for your blog and use plugins and widgets to achieve SEO, proper Google Sitemaps creation, social bookmarking, affiliate sales, and to provide a coherent organization for your blog.

5. Exchange links with other blog owners (you put their link in your blogroll and they put your link in their blogroll). Or, better yet, write blog posts about each other.

6. Write quality content that helps your targeted audience grow their business (yes, I am repeating myself ... on purpose [​IMG] )

All the Best,

Mark
  11. paminca

paminca New Member

dovechocolatier: There is still yahoo groups and the ning groups that are doing pretty for me.
    What is ning groups?
  12. kyrash

kyrash New Member

Using sites like the ones below has worked for me greatly

digg
    propeller
    reddit
    ezinearticles along side squidoo
    then post and ping (always post and ping)
  13. diannakelly04

diannakelly04 New Member

Ning.com is another social networking site that you can use to create groups (like Yahoo). If you Google "Ning groups" you will pull up more information. This is a link to instructions on creating a Ning group: http://www.ehow.com/how_4760535_ning-group.html

Good luck!

Dianna
  14. newbiz02

newbiz02 New Member

Mark_Worthen: 5. Exchange links with other blog owners (you put their link in your blogroll and they put your link in their blogroll). Or, better yet, write blog posts about each other.
    I personally like this one. Now its time for me to go write
    mean things about them and bash my competition. [​IMG]
  15. VBN411

VBN411 New Member

Besides utilizing all of the social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, and Digg, you might also consider building your online presence by creating public profiles. I'd like to recommend the Visa Business Network because they have searchable public profiles. If anything that is one more free link for your website. And at the moment, there is a $100 Facebook Ad credit for new members. Send me a message if you have questions. I'm on the launch team. [​IMG]
  16. TyBrown

TyBrown New Member

Article marketing and video marketing are the best.
  17. georgie

georgie Guest

Doing On-Page and Off-Page helps promote a site. These should go together. On-Page deals with the proper use of meta tags, title tags, headings, alt-tags, description and keywords while Off-Page Optimization deals with building links.
  18. cthen

cthen New Member

Youtube is a great source of free traffic for me. I also use credit based safelists to drive traffic to my website or my youtube channel.

Connie
  19. anant: Can you please tell me what is twitter account and how to create it.As i am new to article making

Thanks alot
    First of all Twitter has nothing to do with articles marketing. It's a social networking site (kind of similar to Facebook and MySpace.) You go to Twitter.com to set up an account. It works pretty well for me in getting my name out there and building up reputation. However, so many people use it incorrectly by spamming and massively adding followers that it makes it ineffective. So you have to be careful and it can be very useful.

-Danielle
  20. johnjimat

johnjimat New Member

moneymaker1008: However, so many people use it incorrectly by spamming and massively adding followers that it makes it ineffective. So you have to be careful and it can be very useful.

-Danielle
    yes i would agree with you. There are so many people keep spamming their link on twitter especially user with fake profile picture or user that not use their own picture. Once you see any people start tweeting the same link or tweeting in less then 30 minutes, you may have to unfollow them... [​IMG]