How to promote your website for free.

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by ahgow8882, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Yes, I often do unfollow those kind of people. Although I do have to disagree with one thing. For the profile picture I think it's only a big deal if the person is misleading and acting like it is of them when it's not.

In other cases, I think it's okay especially if you want to maintain some level of anonymity. For example, I'm not misleading anyone into thinking my Twitter pic is of me since it's a cartoon image, lol.

-Danielle
  2. daniel

daniel New Member

You might start here by attaching your site to your signature..try email marketing and article writing
  3. elle14

elle14 New Member

For more suggestion and opinions

visit this .
    searchengineforums.com/online-marketing/1198926539/

One of I bookmarked and I find it very useful. [​IMG]
  4. Incentiveman

Incentiveman New Member

Try offering free or almost free incentives to customers that sign up for your email list or newsletter list or a free ebook.

There are some incentives that cost as low as .20 cents each but which have a high perceived value to the consumer.

I once posted an ad for a liquid vitamin on backpage.com in which I was giving away a 3 day 2 night hotel stay certificate and the Google search engine picked up most of the ads if I googled 3 day 2 night vacation. However, I did not receive any orders as a result of the ad and the ad invited some marketers to send me spam. So I would be careful with this. The one ad that did generate some response was an ad I posted under focus groups that offered a freebie in exchange for the consumer going to my website and sending me an email as to what products he or she liked best.
  5. Ylynnea11

Ylynnea11 New Member

I gotta say Im also a newby.. but im actually really starting to get into it. Im also looking for other ways to get more traffic to my site. I like to say.. If you post it, they will come..LOL
  6. ahgow8882

ahgow8882 New Member

Hi everyone,

I still find adwords is the best to get targeted customers.

Recently, after doing some saving form part time jobs(off line), I try adwords, again this time put in more effort and research and I am able to Earn about 70% +- from selling Acai Berry products(effective slimming - weight loss)

Hope to maintain this and I also apply all method learn from this forum.

Thanks to all for your advice.

ahgow
  7. ahgow8882: I still find adwords is the best to get targeted customers.
    Adwords isn't free.

-Danielle
  8. cthen

cthen New Member

I personally use traffic exchanges a lot. Mostly for the free solo ads that many give you when you sign up. It is best to keep track of which ones provide the best results and then stick with those. After I have used the initial free solos, I move on to others.

You can also purchase solo ads for a small amount as well. Choose the exchanges the have a large list to mail to.

Connie
  9. gowriter

gowriter Member

Yes, you can market for FREE, but you have to keep these things in mind:

(1) The right kind of product to promote
    (2) Your audience

I like traffic exchanges and pay per click marketing (PPC). For PPC, I use 7 search because it is much, much cheaper than Google Adwords, Yahoo or MSN. Make sure both your ad copy and your landing page copy convert. if people sign up, then it works.

As for traffic exchanges, have a gmail on hand. You will get solo ads everday clogging you email. Not thousands like a safelist, but dozens. However, you WILL get traffic.

Traffic exchanges work best with biz opportunities and related niches. I don't recommend advertising your mother's flower online flowershop. Use another form of advertising.

7 search has never failed me.
  10. Jean LA

Jean LA New Member

ahgow8882: I have tried online marketing for 3 years, lost quite $$ still haven't give up making it and earning income online to support my family. Again lost my job 3 months ago and found a new site to work on freelance jobs.
    How to get clicks free and ways to promote the website for free.

Anyone help!
    Write articles everyday linking to your site. This can give you unlimited backlinks if you do this everyday. You can see the benefit in the long run.
  11. Lucky1

Lucky1 New Member

How many of you with an established traffic flow to their websites started promoting their online business passing out flyers in their area? And how successful was it for you? I am just starting and am considering using this approach. :-/
  12. Jean LA

Jean LA New Member

ahgow8882: How to get clicks free and ways to promote the website for free.

Anyone help!
    You can write lots of article related to your niche and subject. These can be a perfect way to promote your page. You should always consider the related keywords to research before promoting something.
  13. DwayneZ

DwayneZ New Member

ahgow8882: How to get clicks free and ways to promote the website for free.

Anyone help!

Articles ar great backlinks. You can have them submitted to many directories. You can also add more backlinks through bookmarks and social networks.
  14. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

wow - there is enough stuff on here to keep one busy for days.

Great thread - but reading is not doing so here I goes....[​IMG]
  15. tandre

tandre New Member

Hello,

Boy can I relate! I changed jobs to a more "meaningful" career and just killed my finances.

Try article marketing and Squidoo as mentioned below and setup a blog where you can leave massive links. There are free blog sites including one on Google.
  16. gowriter

gowriter Member

Babe, I just looked at the sites in your signature links. I'm going to brute honest here. I assume those are the three you're trying to promote.

The first two haven't got a chance in hell. Ads, Ads, Ads, and Ads. You couldn't be more obvious that you're trying to push this product.

The last one about the freelancer has some hope but once again ads, ads, ads.

Here' what I recommend to fix those...

Google's search engines read content, meaning words. Neither of your first two blogs has enough words or even keywords to be ranked. The Google bots don't read pictures unless the pictures have their own tags.

When it comes to ads, Babe, less is more. It would be better to take your blog and write five or six posts related in some aspect to your product.

Let's take the Acai Berry site, for example, and apply a little strategy. What you've done with the Acai Berry site on Blogger is re-create a salespage that the Acai Berry company has already gone through the trouble of making. You don't need to do that.

It almost looks as if you copied the sales copy from another website. Google might look at that as duplicate content. You won't get a penalty, but when Google has to decide which to rank higher and show results for, Google will pick the one with the higher page rank. That's why Google wants original content. We already have enough of the same regurgitated material across the internet already.

Original content means things in your own words. Your own voice. Yes, you can talk about Acai Berry but approach it from a different angle that no one else has tried. I don't mean coming up with a rambunctiously new concept about Acai Berry.

Just a new angle. Talk about how to make Acai Berry shakes or Acai Berry pie,for example, using the Acai Berry powder you're trying to sell. Be truthful about the product and how it helped you lose weight. Acai Berry products are considered big time scam, whether or not that's true.

Do something different like create a video of you showing how to mix the product from the bag. That way it shows that (a) You use the product (b) You believe in the product you're endorsing (c) You are a real person

You get the idea? I'm trying to throw ideas out there that can make your page stand out.

Second thing you have to do is change the design of your site. I recommend you create a splash page for your Acai Berry site like you did for your Freelance site. Maybe you could get an autoresponder like Aweber and create a mailing list for this Splash page. Your mailing list could have recipes for Acai Berry desserts or something. With this mailing list, you can put int any affiliate products related to Acai Berry.
    Don't sell a product every day. May two tips. Promote. Two tips promote. Kind of thing.

Freelance work is more is more like a directory. You might want to go to indeed.com, sign up for the affiliate program and add the job widget onto your site. Look at Deborah Ng's site and Willow Sidhe's blog to see how they did theirs to give you ideas.

Your Make Money Online site: Too many products and too many niches! Google is going crazy on trying to figure out how to rank this site.

Out of those affiliate products, pick your top 5 favorites - just 5 - that you liked, and right five honest objective blog posts. What you liked about them. What you didn't like about them. What worked. What didn't work. Would you still recommend it? Be honest.

Once you've made your content clean, honest and you've added oyur voice to it THEN begin to promote.

You have a blog. Social bookmark your posts. Use the RSS feed and send it into Feedage, etc.

Hope that helps.