How to stay focused and motivated

Discussion in 'Productivity and Motivation' started by work2bfree, Aug 13, 2007.

1. KarenKramer New Member

Personally, I'm not a big fan of "The Secret" but back to the original intent of this thread:

To stay motivated...I saved the check from the first $10.00 I made from my home-based business and tacked it on the wall above my computer screen. When I'm frustrated or think I can't do something, I just look up and remember that big things start with small steps in the right direction[IMG]
  2. lakshmi_guru New Member

First create a vision of what you want to achive in life. Then make goals for 1,2,5 and 10 years. Then make goals for each day/week to align towards your main goal. Reward yourself after achieving even small target. You will start getting motivated.
  3. hsc1898 New Member

I always believe that helping other people to achieve their goals or to be successful will eventually bring you lots of success as well... Which is actually what we all do everyday in our jobs or business. If what we do actually deliver something good and useful then eventually the benefit will come back to us and subsequently the money will follow. So I tried to stay focus and motivated around that believe and doing my best in what i do everyday...
  4. Sportsman12 New Member

Big things happen with small steps in the right direction!!

Thanks Karen..I'm putting that in my monitor..I love saying that..now I will see it everyday..
  5. successful2008 New Member

My father was very negitive at times. His quote was "If it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all". I used to laugh at him. I don't live in that world. That saying has no place in my everyday living. I stay positive by my everyday action. Do I get down at times? Sure, I'm only human, but I do my very best to stay focused. I want to create so much for my family and I. I will not get there if I am not a positive person. Here is my quote "When life hands you lemons, make lemonaide"!

To your massive success,
    Michelle
  6. A8ch Gold Member

How to stay focused and motivated

This can be quite a challenge for most people to accomplish. There are several approaches that could be used. Even though everyone starts out from a unique position and may favor one system over another, the elements involved are much the same.

Here's one method:

1. Take a serious and sincere look at your bad habits. These are holding you back.
    2. Resolve to replace them with productive habits. If you're honest with yourself you'll know what those should be.
    3. Write down your goals on paper. Spend some time visualizing what your life will be like when you accomplish your goals.
    4. Design an action plan to attain your goals. Having something to shoot for creates excitement in your life.
    5. Review your goals everyday. This keeps you focused on your targets and stimulates your desire for achievement.

Now if you could only maintain the discipline to follow these steps religiously, here's what will happen:

a. You'll remove the clutter that's in your way.
    b. You'll develop a system for achieving everything you desire.
    c. You'll always have clear objectives in your sights.
    d. You'll constantly be excited and motivated.
    e. You'll notice a dramatic change in your outlook, expectations and accomplishments.

Hermas
  7. SilverDreams New Member

Wonderful post!

I don't know if I've ever seen that content spelled out so clearly in such a brief way! FABULOUS.

For me, also being a believer in the Law of Attraction (and I was before it was ever so popular as it is today!), #3 is great! But, I would also add that you have to make sure the goals you are making are what you really, really want and that you are not making goals to live up to someone else's expectations.

Love this.

[IMG]

Thanks so much!

Sally
  8. successful2008 New Member

Hermas, as always, thank you for the reply. I wish more people adopt a more positive attitude. They would go so much further.

To your massive success,
    Michelle
  9. successful2008 New Member

I find that if you set your goals for somone else, your goals are not yours; therefore do you really reach them? The goals I set for myself, are infact mine. The goals I reach, do affect my family. Setting a goal each day, will drive you closer to the ultimate goal you want to reach.

To your massive success,
    Michelle
  10. NewDreamBuilder New Member

I recently started a "Success Journal" for myself. Each day, I write down at least one thing that I accomplished. That way, when I feel like things aren't moving fast enough for me, I can look back and see how far I have come.

Mary Jo
  11. successful2008 New Member

Mary Jo, that's a fantastic idea.

To your massive success,
    Michelle
  12. elysyan New Member

Negativity, I am not sure what that means. It sounds like that is only scratching the surface. It really takes effort to be a negative person because there are so many reasons to be positive. Just starting your day by waking up is all positive and its a great start. imagine what the opposite would be.

I was watching a movie called "holy man" with Eddie Murphy and in the begginning as his character was walking down the highway some guys in a truck threw out a drink in a cup and hit him on his shoulder. The character named G just smiled and said, Thank you for not throwing a can. lol. I love that.

Again Negativity, What's that? We just have to choose our responses better, I think.
  13. ibuzzmentor Member

Start out with small goals. How many leads will you create today, or how many people will you talk with today.

Then make a sale. Then tell yourself OK what do I need to do to repeat that x amount of time.

Then how can I ramp it up to leverage my time either with lead generation or prospecting or closing.

It is a gradual process, having a goal of making a million is great, but if you dont know how to get there or take small steps you wont.
  14. eurika New Member

1. I think that exercise is really important to staying focused and avoid that pent up feeling when you've been starring at the same screen for hours. Keep yourself fit and get those endorphins flowing. I try to get a run in before I cop a squat in front of the screen. By that time I feel re energized with a clear head.

2. If you say you are going to do something then to-do it! Set goals and
    plan your time to work online.

3. When tasks get mundane find good reasons to do them like
    -material rewards
    -sense of accomplishment

Reward yourself for what you accomplished. This could be as simple as some relaxation time.
  15. johntanyishin New Member

I'm not sure where I heard this from. A business lady once said this, "Build on small success constantly, you create small, multiple success everyday and ten years later you are the GREAT success."

I love this qoute "To learn, to live, to love, to leave a legacy"

JTYS
  16. jpolito830 New Member

I think the most important thing is to not be afraid to reward people and yourself for the success. Take some time and make people feel needed and appreciated.
  17. jkelly New Member

Stay at home in front of your computer almost all day can make you feel tired, because you do not interact with other people.
    Try to make some outdoors activities during night, like go to the gym, movies, interacting with other people helps to thing in other matters.
    John Kelly
    [Links removed - Admin]
  18. kpm2319 New Member

Good advice. Don't let working at home consume you. And don't spend all day doing it. Exercising i agree is also important. You can't be sluggish working at home, you'll end up blowing things off.
  19. BillChechel New Member

Yes it is very ease to get consumed with everything online.

I find it hard to stay focused on what I am doing sometimes because of the overwhelming amount of info online.

I will be working on my Squidoo lens and then see a lens on something interesting and lose half an hour reading. The same thing happens to me with blogs.

I guess its good to keep your mind learning about all types of new things.

And I agree with the previous posts that your health is very important. Mind and body always work together so being healthy in both will keep you going.
  20. DrBobClarke New Member

The tips in this thread are great! My biggest problem staying focussed is distractions from email and phone calls.

I make a list of goals each night for the next day. First thing I always do is read my email. I used to read email several times during the day, and spend time replying as needed. Ditto with phone calls.

Before I knew it, it would be 5PM and I hadn't accomplished one of my goals!

Now, I go through my emails once in the morning and once more before I end for the day.

As for the phone, I screen all calls and only answer emergency situations. I return calls at the end of each day.

This has worked for me, and allowed me to stay much more focussed and productive!