How to submit site link to yahoo and MSN search engine?

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by teteimathews, May 3, 2009.

1. teteimathews

teteimathews Guest

I want to submit my new site to yahoo and MSN search engines but I couldn't really find free and right one. Can anyone help me?[​IMG]
  2. johnjimat

johnjimat New Member

i use directory warrior software [​IMG]
  3. Seth

Seth New Member

4. teteimathews

teteimathews Guest

Thank you for your help by giving me the information.[​IMG]
  5. darpon56

darpon56 New Member

Thank you for the information about submitting URLs to search engines. I appreciate the help as well.
  6. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I usually ping my blogs every time I add a new post by using something like pinggoat or ping-o-matic.
  7. johnjimat

johnjimat New Member

yes that really do. i'm also use directory software because it have the list of popular directory site. it save my time to find directory site [​IMG]
  8. realityshifter

realityshifter New Member

mountainmom5: I usually ping my blogs every time I add a new post by using something like pinggoat or ping-o-matic.
    Hello mountainmom5,

Can you please elaborate that? What is pinging in the first place?

Sorry if this is very elementary but I'm still feeling my way through this maze in internet business.

Thanks.

realityshifter
  9. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

I ping all my sites on pingoat, it just lets lots of search engines know you are there, just sign in and the rest is very easy.
  10. newbiz02

newbiz02 New Member

its still easier to get on google search engine than any other engine in my experience.
  11. zuwairiaiman

zuwairiaiman New Member

thanks a lot for the info.. works woll
  12. potsyn

potsyn Guest

13. TopHits4U

TopHits4U New Member

14. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

If you really want more and more of the search engines out there to give you some back links then I really suggest that you start writing articles and submitting them to article directories.

Once your articles are LIVE, people will post these articles for you on their site and this will give you free back links.

Tal
  15. Kanga

Kanga New Member

Hi Guys,
    All that is really fine and thanks, but i would appreciate someone really tell us what "pinging is?" because i was wondering just the same as realityshifter Did[​IMG].Please elaborate on pinging, what is it really and how effective can it be?
    Cheers;
  16. Justine

Justine New Member

Kanga: Hi Guys,
    All that is really fine and thanks, but i would appreciate someone really tell us what "pinging is?" because i was wondering just the same as realityshifter Did.Please elaborate on pinging, what is it really and how effective can it be?
    Hi Kanga,
    the whole concept behind pinging is about informing various services about new content on your blog/website. It is a signal for them that you want your site to be indexed or crawled by google robots for example. Such robots crawl then your sites in search for relevant content and keywords and categorize them adequately.

Pinging makes the robots find your sites faster and update info about new content on your sites in their databases and rankings.

I hope that helps [​IMG]
  17. jazbo

jazbo New Member

As 99% of your traffic will come from Bing/Yahoo and Google, I would not bother submitting to other engines - they all find you in the end, and there is not much evidence that submitting a URL has any more effecgt that just getting on with linkbuilding and pinging.
  18. kane1976

kane1976 New Member

Most people are not aware that by submitting their website to google, it automatically gets submitted to yahoo too at the same time.

Yes i agree with an above comment, google, yahoo and bing are the top dogs online, so you should really only concentrate on getting your site submitted to them.

Of course though, if you find a website that allows you to submit to a lot of other search engines for free, then do it.

Once your website has a pagerank 1, then you will not need to submit it anymore, because the search engines will automatically visit your site more often to index your new content.

Pinging is a good idea though to get your new content found and indexed fast.

With google, you then just need to concentrate on building one way backlinks to your site, and with yahoo and bing, it's mostly about your sites content that gets you highly positioned with them.