how to track website traffic?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by ebay_addict, Jul 29, 2006.

1. ebay_addict

ebay_addict New Member

Hi, can someone please tell me what program they are using to track where their website traffic is coming from? I'm using www.web-stat.com but for some reason its not working very well. any help would be appreciated! thanks
  2. arunkumarsuri

arunkumarsuri New Member

You can try sitemeter. It has a free version.
  3. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

4. inter

inter New Member

I am using addfreestats.com/
  5. malibumentor

malibumentor New Member

I use Veretracking as part of my Veretekk system. Its cool, gives me a lot of info, and free.
  6. eclair

eclair New Member

One of my blogs has Awstats

I wasn't the one who installed it though. The site admin did. It's nifty though [​IMG]
  7. ryquest

ryquest New Member

8. iceman001972

iceman001972 New Member

How about google analytics if you have an adwords campaign. It shows where your visitors come from even.
  9. mrworkathome

mrworkathome New Member

TraceWatch is an incredible free program. You can watch their live demo at the site. I actually had two other programs I was paying monthly for and this one outperforms them by far.

You do need to password protect it if you don't want open stats as it doesn't do it automatically.
  10. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Awstats is very detailed, but you should have SSH access to your server
  11. netjobs

netjobs Member

if u willing to pay for the stats for ur website... highly recommended is www.statcounter.com, there statistics are awesome and much faster... features like Visitor paths, IP Address, Search Engine Keywords, Search Engine Wars, Recent Came From, Location of the Visitor & more..

Also offers free signup for upto 100 viewers of ur website...
  12. ebay_addict

ebay_addict New Member

Wow, thanks soo much everyone!
  13. enzoch

enzoch New Member

It depends on what your purpose is.
    - If you want a powerful tracking system, I suggest using Google Analytics, but it has drawback: it's slow [​IMG]

- If you want a simpler system, I suggest using Addfreestats. It's free, and it's also able to track your adsense CTR (that's why I love it).
  14. tradelinksfree

tradelinksfree New Member

I have found a great free traffic tracker that is simple to use it requires adding a copy and paste script to the page you want to track.

check it out:http://extremetracking.com
  15. ebay_addict

ebay_addict New Member

Thanks, I will check some of those out!
  16. annex

annex New Member

I tried several and I liked Awstats.
  17. Hey ebay,

I just came across something that may interest you. It doesn't keep stats per se, but it does track WHERE people click on your site.

http://www.crazyegg.com It has helped me in placement of ads, links and the like.

For keeping regular stats, I use http://www.statcounter.com

Just my .02

Joe

ps hey Vishal, sorry I haven't been around much. busy, busy, busy...
    [​IMG]
  18. PSS Vishal,
    My Blogs Birthday was 10/5...
    I made it a whole year. Sorry for going off topic, but I'm celebrating...
    [​IMG]
  19. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

Belated happy birthday to your blog Joe [​IMG] Congratulations on making it to a year!
  20. cyberchick

cyberchick New Member

I agree with Quoting: netjobshighly recommended is www.statcounter.com, there statistics are awesome and much faster... features like Visitor paths, IP Address, Search Engine Keywords, Search Engine Wars, Recent Came From, Location of the Visitor & more..

Also offers free signup for upto 100 viewers of ur website...

I have used them too, but then run out of space, gotten over the first 100. Haven't bothered since. My site has a built in feature now, so I didn't need it. Also try myadstracker.com they seem neat
    Hey MB congrats on being persistent. I haven't seen your Blog, but I'm aiming to do exactly as you did. Only got started recently but on track so far [​IMG]