How To Turn SPAM Into Quality Content Instantly

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization (SEO)' started by loganquinn, Feb 6, 2011.

1. loganquinn New Member

Anyone here who has a blog and doesn't use a SPAM comment filter will know how annoying SPAM comments are.

But you know what?

I NEVER delete them. Instead, I use them to my advantage.

How?

Simple. Since WordPress logs the IP address of every single commenter, I simply delete the weird looking name, replace it with a normal one and kill the link. If the comment looks ridiculous / out of place I change it to sound more normal.

BOOM. Instant quality comments - the kind Google actually like - courtesy of Spammers.

This is how I get 100's - even 1000's - of quality comments to my blogs, sometimes in just a matter of days.

-Logan
  2. Just2EZ Gold Member

That's down right black hat. Pretty ingenious and surprised I never thought of it.
    You could even edit the comments and add you own affiliate links.
    Don't give me ideas, or especially any of the people I host.
    But yes, that is a mighty powerful idea. Dirty pool anyone?
  3. loganquinn New Member

Just2EZ,

I personally don't believe this is "black hat" at all.

Removing the URL from a spam - or suspiciously spam-like - comment is perfectly legitimate.

But, changing the name and comment is definitely a "grey" area.

If you have a problem with doing that, then simply delete those comments. Only approve those that appear helpful to your blog.

-Logan
  4. milt New Member

loganquinn: BOOM. Instant quality comments - the kind Google actually like - courtesy of Spammers.

This is how I get 100's - even 1000's - of quality comments to my blogs, sometimes in just a matter of days.
    This is a technique that I've used for quite awhile, and I can vouch for it. Considering half (or more) of the comments are spam. A simple edit/tweak, and (as Logan says) "BOOOOM"

Awesome [IMG]
  5. kane1976 New Member

Yes that's a good idea actually, i get 100s of spam comments on each of my blogs every day, and just simply delete them when i have time.

From now on though, i will use logans technique. [IMG]
  6. FreeCashMan Active Member

7. Yeoch Member

I read Vishal's comment that he deemed forums should rank higher than blogs, which he made at 'Google changes the SEO game ...' thread, before I came here. Now, I know why forums should rank higher than blogs ... because the comments from forumers are not tweaked (hopefully) like Logan said could be modified and presented as though original at blogs.
  8. jazbo New Member

How does it strengthen your blog exactly? Are you saying you change the comments to increase the relevance of the comments? I'm not sure how trawling through comments and editing them is "instant", seems like hard work for little gain to me.
  9. katereber New Member

Good idea for all the blogger here.. Have a try, maybe it will work for you guys..