How Websites Gets High PR with only a few Pages?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization (SEO)' started by Agnes Galinato, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Agnes Galinato

Agnes Galinato New Member

I'm really confused why some websites and blogs ranks high in Google. I checked some of their links - but not much. Some of the site even just got 400-500 word article for there 2-page website. Hmmm... Would love to know your insight on this.
  2. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

Don't believe what you see. What you see today may not be there tomorrow. Just create good content and do some initial backlinking. Your content should be such that after some initial promotion, backlinks should come by their own. If you need to spend all the time generating backlinks, then there is something wrong with your content.

And BTW, to solve your mystery, it's not the quantity that counts. It's quality that matters. One link from an authority site would be equal to hundreds, if not thousands of backlinks from mediocre sites.
  3. jamess

jamess Member

May be they are connected with high authority sites and Vishal is right that content is the factor to rank well so create content as many as you can and promote these..
  4. Adrian

Adrian Member

I agree with Vishal. Great content is King. But sometimes whats ranking high today may not be there tomorrow. Its called the Google Dance. I would check back on that site in a couple of weeks,to see if it still has a high ranking.
    If its still at the top then you can bet that it has some real quality content.
  5. Agnes Galinato

Agnes Galinato New Member

Thanks for the info. I'm actually writing now, again after focusing more on freelancing. I'll continue it and let you know the result after 6 months. :)