Hubpage Community Vs Squidoo

Discussion in 'Squidoo' started by Benjimester, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Benjimester

Benjimester New Member

As someone who's had a lot of success at Hubpages, I noticed that the Squidoo community seemed a bit lacking. There wasn't much interaction or reciprocation as compared with Hubpages. It seems like there is a lot of internal linking happening at Hubpages, especially with their new Hub Karma feature that encourages internal linking. This seems like it gives Hubpages an edge over Squidoo. What do You think?

2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I dunno, sounds good.... I may have to go give it a shot one of these days when I get caught up. [​IMG]

3. trm21

trm21 New Member

I have heard that they are both great to use. I have more experience with Squidoo, and I see what you are saying about lack of community.

However, the "Internet gurus" that I have experience with seem to emphasize Squidoo over HubPages (though they recommend both). There has to be something to that.

4. kenwrites

kenwrites New Member

I have been incorporating Hub Pages more recently since they added the Karma feature. Still too early to tell, but it seems like it may work well. I am going to run a few split tests between Squidoo and Hub Pages this month into next and take a look at the numbers.

The "gurus" emphasize Squidoo over Hub Pages strictly because of authority ranking. Thing is, Hub Pages is beginning to make some strides. Hub pages has an Alexa traffic rank of 216 as of June 30, 2010. Almost 30% of the traffic to Hub Pages comes from Google searches with a page rank of 6/10. Not bad when you want to get eyes on your products or service.

5. Benjimester

Benjimester New Member

I've heard the same thing that internet "gurus" emphasize Squidoo over Hubpages, but they never really said why. 216 is a really decent Alexa rank. Thanks for that info guys. It's very helpful. I've been doing research on article titles for the last month and have come up with a bunch of new article ideas, and I wanted to make sure that I was publishing them in the right place. I think I'll stick with Hubpages for the time being, since I like the community better than Squidoo.

6. mbasa

mbasa Member

I have experimented with both squidoo and hubpages, but i found myself falling inlove with hubpages, and my articles on hubpages were ranking on first page(no.2-i think), within a matter of days.
    I am no expect but i really do struggle with setting up a lens on squidoo.

7. PCRoger

PCRoger New Member

HubPages limits the links, per hub, that you can point to your own site to 2 - kind of restrictive.

But, my HubPages seem to rank quickly while my Squidoo lenses on the same topic never do seem to rank.

so.....

Regards,
    PCRoger.

8. mbasa

mbasa Member

Could it be that google is now falling inlove with hubpages? Initially when I joined these forums, everybody was praising Squidoo as far as traffic generating is concerned, but i had a different experience.

9. PCRoger

PCRoger New Member

Google has favored Hubpages over Squidoo for quite some time now. That's part of what force Squidoo to clean up its act and ban spammy lenses.

Regards,
    PCRoger.

10. winlin

winlin New Member

Benjimester: As someone who's had a lot of success at Hubpages, I noticed that the Squidoo community seemed a bit lacking. There wasn't much interaction or reciprocation as compared with Hubpages. It seems like there is a lot of internal linking happening at Hubpages, especially with their new Hub Karma feature that encourages internal linking. This seems like it gives Hubpages an edge over Squidoo. What do You think?

I'm not sure about Hubs , I've never looked into their community. This may be because of what you are saying... Squidoo has a handful of regulars in the community area (Good People With Good Ideas), but there seems to be a lacking of momentum that really builds the community and draws you back... So I guess I'm saying I agree with you on this point.

"To Your Success"- WinLin

11. yahia

yahia Member

As a marketer why do I need to worry about the community? All web 2.0 sites are tools to drive traffic to my sites. I don't fall in love with them and forget my business. When Squidoo was ranking higher on Google I was using it more, when Hubpages took over I switched my priorities. Not a big deal.

About the 2 links limit that hubpages has in place, it's for your own benefit. Too many links from the same page to the same website is a red flag as seen by Google. Squidoo allows up to 9 links to the same page, but I've never used more than 3.

12. robbadobba82

robbadobba82 New Member

I've never tried either but would like to try both now!