Hubpages vs Squidoo

Discussion in 'Squidoo' started by johnwill65, Jun 13, 2010.

1. johnwill65

johnwill65 New Member

What are you thoughts on this matter?

Which one do you prefer?

Personally I have been using Squidoo and think it is great but recently i have been using Hubpages. Not sure which i prefer better yet

Tell us What you think

2. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

I've been using Squidoo with good success. Haven't used HubPages yet so I can't make a comparison. However, I believe using both would deliver a bigger bang.

Hermas

3. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

ditto Hermas... same here. Maybe when I get a spare minute someday I'll build a hubpage.[​IMG]

WealthBroker likes this.
  4. mbasa

mbasa Member

i'm a newbie in this business but i believe squidoo is more popular with search engines-from what i have read, hubpages is not bad either.

5. Marwan

Marwan New Member

Hi,
    Squidoo is more popular with search engines.

Good luck.

6. yahia

yahia Member

Is it only me? Most of the time my hubpages out rank my squidoo lenses. I am talking long term here. Short term, squidoo lenses rank quickly.

7. johnwill65

johnwill65 New Member

I am frustrated with Hubpages at the moment I keep loosing work that i add to the hubs for some reason it logs me out and when i click save changes its all gone ahhhhhhhhh.

8. yahia

yahia Member

Never happened to me, maybe because I don't save my work. I go straight for "publish" or "done editing".

9. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

yahia: Never happened to me, maybe because I don't save my work. I go straight for "publish" or "done editing".
    lol - that's me! Just write and get it out there. [​IMG]

I DID have it hapen at ezinearticles yesterday though ans I was so frustrated! I had a really great article and lost it when I went to submit, but thankfully I had most of it on another page so I could write the second one more quickly.... it's all part of the 'job' .. [​IMG]

10. TshirtFrank

TshirtFrank New Member

I use both Hub Pages and Squidoo to create mini sites. I think that squidoo does a little better in the search engines but that point can be argued. I have seen a lot of instances were Hub Pages will beat out squidoo in the rankings. Overall In my opinion it squidoo monetizes much better.

11. Paul DArcy

Paul DArcy New Member

Hubpages is new to me. I've never used it -or even heard of it until I stumbled upon this thread.

I'll have to check into it for sure.

12. How are you using these sites?

Are you using them as a landing page for promotion?

Are you using them as backlinks for your own site?

If this is the case I would suggest you use both, write your article on squidoo, then rewrite it on hubpages and now you have 2 backlinks pointing to your site.

But to answer your question. I always get better results with squidoo and I find the interface easier to work with.

Mike

13. bhuff85

bhuff85 New Member

I utilize both, but if I had to choose one based on looks and options, Squidoo gets my vote hands down. I really only use these sites as part of a "linkwheel" method. It just helps for my backlinks overall. I've used them for landing pages in the past, but it's usually best to just go with your own domain name and a wordpress blog for a lander.

14. drewgrantt

drewgrantt New Member

Definitely...Hub-pages. Most of People suggesting squidoo lens.I felt it is create a hub is more easy in compare of squidoo. And hubpages page rank is bit small than squidoo but it is easy to promote your page on Hubpage. squidoo is diffucult and hard to bring visitors to the post.

15. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

I find Squidoo more user friendly for the technically challenged like myself or maybe it's just more familiar to me.

16. Sonni

Sonni New Member

Both are good it is a matter of preference it would be wise to go ahead and create a few lenses and hubs to get a feel for which one is best for you. Also check out the Warrior forum since many internet marketers use these platforms to market their products you will find a lot of solid info.

17. kenwrites

kenwrites New Member

Hub pages actually has a better Alexa ranking than Squidoo does at the moment. I have been doing some split testing and my Hub pages are ranking slightly better than equivalent Squidoo pages. I am thinking of running a couple of OWM campaigns through Hubs in the next few weeks to see what kind of overall response I get.

I have been using Hub Pages mainly for backlinks, but actually started to get some good feedback and a couple of sales coming from Hub Page Hubs.
    We'll see......

18. mbasa

mbasa Member

mbasa: i'm a newbie in this business but i believe squidoo is more popular with search engines-from what i have read, hubpages is not bad either.
    I withdraw my statement. My hubpages are more progressive than my squidoo lenses.

19. winlin

winlin New Member

johnwill65: I am frustrated with Hubpages at the moment I keep loosing work that i add to the hubs for some reason it logs me out and when i click save changes its all gone ahhhhhhhhh.
    Psssst: Note Pad or Word Pad , I've had too many similar situations. Write the aricle in word pad or note pad and copy over when your done. If it doesn't go through, you still have the article. Conversely you can copy from the HUB Page interface and save to word pad or note pad until you know it's gone through.

For me it's easy as I always have a note pad open, if for nothing else to jot down my daily notes and million dollar ideas. [​IMG]

20. winlin

winlin New Member

johnwill65: Personally I have been using Squidoo and think it is great but recently i have been using Hubpages. Not sure which i prefer better yet
    kenwrites: Hub pages actually has a better Alexa ranking than Squidoo does at the moment. I have been doing some split testing and my Hub pages are ranking slightly better than equivalent Squidoo pages.
    I've heard in other forums that Hubs are Currently outranking Lenses... But they are both still great ways to market. Why not use both?