Huge List of Free Classified Ad Sites

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by Silverstone, Aug 22, 2008.

1. everlonglp3

everlonglp3 New Member

That's a great list and I know it's been awhile since you posted that.

But I believe the competition is so high now with free classifieds, the only way to make a real dent is to have an auto poster post the ads for you.

And then there you go, you're paying for advertising again. Just thought some people should know that.
  2. EddieQ

EddieQ New Member

Hi everyone. I'm new to MLM and forums so I'll be listening alot and learning from all you guys because I'm in it for the long haul. Thanks for all your help.
  3. malcoc

malcoc New Member

Are People the UK allowed to post in the Craigslist? tried posting there but it won't work
  4. sidney

sidney New Member

malcoc

Yes you can post on Craigslist but start off with London. I manage to get on there at least once a week.

They change their algorithms quite often so you cannot post that often now without changing the wording. I posted three yesterday with different images and they took out two of them.

They are getting pretty strict. Free advertising doesn't work very well anyway. I have picked up 40 over three weeks using a paid ad which cost me $359.00 for four weeks. Pretty expensive, huh? But, at least, it's targeted to an interested audience.

Best
    Sidney
  5. malcoc

malcoc New Member

whats the services of the paid advertising?
  6. sidney

sidney New Member

Hey malcoc

Not quite sure what you mean but I put the ad into Bizymoms.com for a month. It is in their work from Home section Top 400 Ideas.

6 Ads are featured and mine is one of those.

Looking at my Analytics on this site of 433 visits I have had 36 signups which equates to about 8%. I am not sure if this is good or bad. Maybe someone on here can tell us.

I have also paid $20.00 a pop for an ad on Warrior Forum for another website I built which gave me 40 sign ups but took two months due to the way Warrior ads work. I had to pay another $20.00 during this time to bump it back up to the top again.

Free advertising really has not worked for me anywhere. I have tried Craiglist, Adpost and loads of others and they just have not worked for me.

I am now going for email signatures, article marketing, and social networking - Twitter, etc.

I will keep you updated on the best source/s in the next few weeks.

Best Wishes
    Sidney
  7. TopHits4U

TopHits4U New Member

Thanks Jamie for the huge list. I will be checking some of these out and will let you know how it goes!

Thanks,

Eric Goettman
  8. perbook

perbook Guest

thank you so much really is a real huge list that we benefit a lot from it.

thank you again you're the best[​IMG]
  9. OLXbrenda

OLXbrenda New Member

Silverstone

Thank you very much for including OLX.com into your list! If you have any questions about us, feel free to email me.
  10. ryanbiddulph

ryanbiddulph New Member

Thanks to everyone for sharing their insight and the fine list.

Free advertising can be somewhat effective if practiced consistently. You must be at it everyday for a number of weeks or months. As was mentioned it's a hypercompetitive market. Augment your free advertisements with running a blog, writing articles, and using social networking websites. You'll get the best results with a mixed approach.
  11. ChrisPotter

ChrisPotter Guest

Let me first say, Thank You for putting theese sites up!
    I put every site on that list through Alexa.com, and have highlighted 28 websites, here they are!

graigslist.com
    buysell.com
    kijiji.com
    kijiji.ca
    chooseyouritem.com
    backpage.com
    classifiedads.com
    adlandpro.com
    classifieds.myspace.com
    classifieds.yahoo.com
    e-classifieds.net
    economist.com/classifieds
    expolive.com
    ezilon.com
    freeadvertisingforum.com
    google.com/base
    guntree.com
    hoobly.com
    inetgiant.com
    InetGiant.com
    itsmymarket.com
    oodle.com
    olx.com
    recycler.com
    salesperson.com
    sell.com
    traderonline.com
    usfreeads.com
    vflyer.com

I hope this helps everyone out.

Chris Potter
  12. f5mtadas

f5mtadas Guest

Thanks for the list. I will test these sources for my business.
    Thank you very much.

By the way, Silverstone, did you try CLAD Genius autoposter for Craigslist, Backpage and Kijiji.

Really powerful, but quite expensive soft for these clasified sites. I am stilling thinking about purchase one.
  13. RashmiP

RashmiP Guest

Thanks for this huge list.
  14. Raief

Raief New Member

There is an up to date list on Raief.
  15. RashmiP

RashmiP Guest

Thanks for this huge list.
  16. OrganicWealth

OrganicWealth New Member

Wow, thank you Silverstone! You rock! Just what I was searching for and here it is - all in one place. Plenty to do with all those links! I'd better get busy.
  17. steelpaulo

steelpaulo New Member

I paid for the upgrade at US Free Adds and did not get what they said I would get if I upgraded. I asked them to fix it and they never responded. I would recommend you not upgrade with them.