Huge YouTube News. (If you have MAKE MONEY videos)

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by talfighel, Nov 22, 2011.

1. talfighel Silver Member

I just read online somewhere that YouTube has decided to start deleting videos that talk about making money online. I am not surprised at this at all knowing that they deleted one of my videos that generated me a good amount of traffic each day a couple months ago.

All the people who rely on YouTube for their traffic source will be hit hard and just have to figure out other ways to drive traffic to their sites.
  2. RICH4NURICHE New Member

I was told the same thing and those who brought it to my attention now make videos on Vimeo!
  3. happywife Gold Member

It sounds like this may only be an issue for the make money niche. Is that correct?

I haven't gotten around to creating videos yet for any of my sites, although I've scolded myself a time or two about getting at it one of these days.

It would be quite disheartening to go to the trouble of learning how to do it only to discover it was a waste of time in the end. [IMG]
  4. FreeCashMan Active Member

Youtube has been deleting videos that are showing money or income claims. If those are the type of videos you are referring to then it is correct.
  5. vincesil New Member

Any other videos sharing sites anyone, those are the one I know so far:
    Vimeo
    Metacafe
    Dailymotion
    Viddler
    MySpace
    Flyxia
  6. talfighel Silver Member

FreeCashMan: Youtube has been deleting videos that are showing money or income claims. If those are the type of videos you are referring to then it is correct.

No, actually I was referring to everything that has to do with MAKING MONEY OR HOME BASED BUSINESS.
  7. PeterFrosen New Member

Like Google Adwords, the Scammers have ruined it for us decent folk [IMG]
  8. Riverjumping New Member

happywife
    I don't think it would be a waste of time. You just have to be careful. There are ways to structure those videos so that they are more educational than they are advertising. YouTube is not the only outlet. Dailymotion, Viddler, Vimeo and others. If you are having trouble learning how to make videos, PowerPoint 2010 allows you to save a presentation with voice over as .wmv. You can then upload it to YouTube. You can hire someone to make a quick video for you for $5.00 at Fiverr.com. Check out Animoto to create videos, too.

Best of luck.
  9. dann New Member

talfighel
    talfighel: No, actually I was referring to everything that has to do with MAKING MONEY OR HOME BASED BUSINESS.
    This is kind of crazy if the rule is this general. If you're right then they should become less reputable. But I do find such videos on YouTube all of the time.

One time some people reported a video I had in which the purpose was to talk about how lame and ineffective it is to pursue online surveys as a way to make money. I did not advertise anything at all. Yet some people reported it - maybe its not a good move to bad mouth someone else's website on YouTube (it was matter of fact, with no harsh language).
  10. JackWebb New Member

YouTube is one of my favorite sites on the net. But lately it's been going doun the tube (pun intended). There is a new site called ZippCast.com that looks very similar to the old YouTube we all know and love. You might want to check that out as an alternative.
  11. amandahayford New Member

One of the only times I've used youtube was to post a video I created and they took it down due to the music being copywrited...which was too bad since it was just a cute video of the kids...

If they don't like the video they just block it, correct? Or freeze your account?