I am Getting Sick at this...

Discussion in 'Productivity and Motivation' started by samda, Feb 24, 2009.

1. samda Member

My routine is making me sick. Go to office, sit there for 9 hours, come back to house. Do some stuffs in laptop and sleep.

Again get up tomorrow and move to the office.

Please suggest me ways to keep me motivated...

Sam
  2. Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Samuel,

Make your sacrifice count. Life is a game of sacrifices. We are always sacrificing one thing for the other.

So keep making steady progress toward your goal. That way it is likely to pay off some day soon.

Make sure that you have a few fulfilling hobbies (online marketing and technology might be two of them.)

Strike that balance even more by getting outside and exercising daily.

Be sure to include a little socializing each week.

Meditate.

Be patient.

That's about it.

~Newbie Shield~
  3. seeyalater72 New Member

Sam,

I understand your plight. Your cirmcumstance sounds very similiar to my own. It's important to work your business like a business but just like you take time off on your 9 to 5 it's just as important to step away from your home biz as well every now and then.

When the routine of it all starts to get to me I take a day or two off from working my biz. Burnout is typical so you're definitely not alone. Usually after a brief hiatus I come back more focused and motivated.
  4. mountainmom5 Gold Member

You get to work on your online stuff for NINE hours or is that another job you have??

If you are in fact working on your own business for nine hours, why the heck are you logging onto your laptop after?

But if you are in fact still at a JOB then that is just some sacrifices that one must make for awhile until you can quit the JOB...
  5. unselfishbuddy New Member

You have to reflect and come up with the reason "why" you do this everyday. (eg. family). We need to make sacrifices in life. You should be happy that you are able to achieve your goals in life because of this routine you're at. Also, think like your working for yourself. It's great to feel that you are working for yourself instead of somebody else. That should keep you motivated.
  6. maryjoin New Member

Hi, maybe you can choose one day to relax yourself and think about what you are doing now. If your work is worthy, then you must pay price for it, that is life. If your work is valueble, you must get a lot from it, though you sacrifice a lot of time. It is worthy, right? So, you should enjoy it.
    Howevery, if you are not interested in your work, then just quit it and change a position.
    Wish you a good day![IMG]
  7. cherie27 New Member

I also have a job and is currently working for my business.

I have too much debt to pay off. I wish i can get my business to start earning monthly income for me. So i can lighten my load.

Just think why you want to start this business.
  8. samda Member

mountainmom5: You get to work on your online stuff for NINE hours or is that another job you have??

If you are in fact working on your own business for nine hours, why the heck are you logging onto your laptop after?

But if you are in fact still at a JOB then that is just some sacrifices that one must make for awhile until you can quit the JOB...
    Yes, 9 hours is my job. I work for a top MNC software company in India. I work as a consultant. And in part time all these online stuffs. Yes, till I get a confidence rolling I have to play this dual job.
  9. Sonni New Member

Trying to work a job plus this job can be tiring and frustrating as well. But hopefully in the end it will all be worth it.
    Sonni
  10. gridellas New Member

You are trying to find other ways to make money and at first it is always difficult especially when you have another full time job that always comes first. Just remember that it will not last forever. The full time is only temporary until you get your other business off the ground. It will pass. [IMG]
  11. thebart New Member

Stick with it, if it were easy EVERYONE would be able to do it. I feel your pain. A 10 hour day at the office with a 1 hour commute is short for me; but it is a sacrifice that I feel I need to make to give my family what they deserve. Put your work in the persepctive of the goal that you are trying to achieve. I know what I want to give my family, and I know what I need to have to make it happen. I just need to put my head down and push to succeed.
  12. A8ch Gold Member

Hi Sam,

Here are some ways you can keep yourself motivated:

1. When you are working on your online business, think of yourself as being on a "secret mission" that will help you quit your day job in the near future.

2. Use the time wisely. Organize your activities into doable chunks and then follow through.

3. If you have more than one project, alternate the days you work on them. This will reduce the chance of getting bored or stuck with one thing.

4. Take intermittent breaks. After a long day at work your attention span will be frayed. Short bursts of activity will help you to keep your focus.

5. Once a week review what you have done and take note of your progress. When you can measure your advancement, it doles out a big dose of encouragement.

6. Reward yourself in a small meaningful way for milestones you have reached.

7. Regularly read or watch something uplifting and inspirational. It will help you to stay motivated.

If none of the above works, then buy a lottery ticket and keep your fingers crossed. [IMG]

Hermas
  13. gillette New Member

Sam

With love and patience, nothing is impossible.

Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, face the facts.

Achievement seems to be connected with action.
    Successful men and women keep moving.
    They make mistakes, but they don't quit.

[IMG]
  14. Bill Rogers New Member

My best way of working a job and doing this job is to take occasional breaks. I'm my own boss with this job, and I'm not someone that really goes after any huge amounts of money. I just want to make enough to make a comfortable living. Anything else is just icing on the cake really. So anyway, I take breaks from this stuff once or twice a week. I really only work on this stuff about 3 days a week and make decent money doing it. On the days when I'm not doing this stuff I am out doing stuff, really anything that just gets me out and keeps things interesting. Beeing cooped up can really bring me down, as with just doing the same old routine every day, so breaking those cycles has been the best thing for me.

Also, meditation works very well, as already mentioned.
  15. samda Member

A8ch: Hi Sam,

Here are some ways you can keep yourself motivated:

1. When you are working on your online business, think of yourself as being on a "secret mission" that will help you quit your day job in the near future.

2. Use the time wisely. Organize your activities into doable chunks and then follow through.

3. If you have more than one project, alternate the days you work on them. This will reduce the chance of getting bored or stuck with one thing.

4. Take intermittent breaks. After a long day at work your attention span will be frayed. Short bursts of activity will help you to keep your focus.

5. Once a week review what you have done and take note of your progress. When you can measure your advancement, it doles out a big dose of encouragement.

6. Reward yourself in a small meaningful way for milestones you have reached.

7. Regularly read or watch something uplifting and inspirational. It will help you to stay motivated.

If none of the above works, then buy a lottery ticket and keep your fingers crossed.

Hermas
    Hermas thanks for your wonderous answer. Each word speaks for itself.

And thanks everyone for giving me valuable idaeas. I am getting better now a days.

Sam
  16. sjames23 New Member

First thing you said wrong. Come home and do some stuff on the laptop.

Treat this as a BUSINESS bro with tasks to get done everyday. I was there too believe me.

Jobs Suck. If you feel your at the bottom right now you can't go anywhere but up. Stay positive, work on your mindset, and you will achieve getting out of that job.
  17. innerpeace New Member

Just wanted to re-emphasise - if you're feeling down or frustrated take a break - walk away, stroll around in a park or something.

Even just 15 minutes makes a huge difference.

And a make a nice cup of tea as well! That's what made the UK so successful back in the day... unfortunately we don't drink so much nowadays...

Good luck to all,

ip
  18. rubsync New Member

Think of the future of your family... just like yours.. 8 hours a day at the office, then another 6 hours on my freelance job..
  19. PavelBecker New Member

samueldarwin: My routine is making me sick. Go to office, sit there for 9 hours, come back to house. Do some stuffs in laptop and sleep.

Again get up tomorrow and move to the office.

Please suggest me ways to keep me motivated...
    Tony Robbins said: "Success comes either from inspiration or from desperation."

Quitting your job right now and putting yourself in a position sink-or-swim would change your state of mind, but it doesn't hurt that much yet, right?

How many people are out there, who just go to work every day without feeling any good emotions about it, without getting enough reword from it, hating every day of it and , yet, not doing anything to change the situation?

This feeling of being busy and being tired all the time we tend to read as us not wasting our time but working hard to get somewhere! Wrong! The problem is not how to get motivated about doing what you hate, but how to start doing what you love and enjoy every minute of it!

My first few years over here I was working from 7am to 8pm 7 days a week. I would take one day off every 3 or 4 weeks obviously, I'm no robot[IMG]. I felt really busy and hard-working and I thought I was going somewhere - didn't work out, did it?

We still refer to some movies with my wife as "Those movies we watched when we were dating." You want to know why? I slept through all of them! Every single one! If a guy wakes up at 5am every day for a few month he can not stay awake at the 9 o'clock movie, at list I couldn't do it.

Another great quote that I love: "People are having hard time letting go of their suffering. In the fear of unknown they prefer suffering, which is familiar."

We can spend years and years just getting by, like that dog that was sitting on the nail on the floor but wouldn't move because it didn't hurt to much.

Wasted years doing what you didn't like - isn't it enough motivation? Not being able at the very end to look back at you life and say "I lived a great life, I enjoyed every moment of it, I touched people's lives, I did so much good that I'm not afraid to die because I fulfilled my purpose here!"

Or am I wrong?
  20. Newbie Shield Gold Member

innerpeace: Even just 15 minutes makes a huge difference.
    Hi InnerPeace: It sure does! It'll give you a whole new and refreshing perspective. I'm getting a new bicycle this year just for a new perspective.

PavelBecker: Success comes either from inspiration or from desperation.
    I'm a big fan of Tony Robbins. For me it was a bit of both.

~Newbie Shield~