I am working at home, but still can't manage my time, what to do?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Claire93, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Claire93

Claire93 Member

I am trying to work and to study at the same time. I can't deal with all tasks I need to do. So usually I do all of them except the assignments. It is definitely not my cup of tea. My friend told me to check the reviews of different writing services. And I did that. I've found Supreme essay. So my question is have you got any tips for managing time correctly? Have you ever used any kind of 'extra' help? Have you ever heard about it or did you use any other writing services?
    I'm waiting for you ideas.
  2. RDWM

RDWM New Member

You can only do one at a time. Set your cell phone alarms for the different tasks you need to get done.
  3. OmaSeNg

OmaSeNg New Member

Hey Claire,

I definitely think you are on the right path when it comes to asking about managing time. If you don't already, having a calendar and scheduling things can be visually helpful. I use google calendar and set up events and reminders to keep track of things I need to do and how I should manage my time. If you keep at it for three weeks, it will become routine so you just have to keep at it. If you have kids, obviously you can't do it all and should ask for help. Even if it's a couple hours a week so that you can focus on reading materials or writing essays. If you don't have kids, then yes, it's all about discipline. As far as these writing services, if you mean cheating then no don't do it. If you mean a tutor, then yes of course. Your education is an investment. You should give it your all and be honest about your work. Why risk expulsion? I know it's tough and the easy way is temping, I've been there. When I get to these places, I take a good long look at myself because I'm the one who put me there and I'm the one who can fix it. If you ever need to chat, I'm here.
    payment proof likes this.
  4. frankysurroca

frankysurroca New Member

There are a number of levels to time management that you have to tackle. You can say that you are an efficient time manager if you are able to handle an unpredicted task that is not included in your predetermined schedule of the day. This is exactly where the true time management enters the scene and is something you must learn about.

However, for now, a simple way towards the creation of an efficient schedule can be taking a single day of a week, preferably one weekend day in order to take a seat with yourself for at least one or more hours and design your schedule for the whole week.

As you do this, you will need to note down the tasks you have daily and allocate the amount of time required in order for you to have them accomplished. Do not fool yourself by including the impossible. Make sure that the schedule you have created applies to reality. You may imagine the way it would work in your mind as you go about the creation of the schedule.

Yes, at first, expect that it will be difficult. However, keep in mind that doing great in time management will surely offer you great benefits in just about every area of your life that especially includes work and school.

And if in case you find some trouble having yourself committed into it, always keep in mind that time is certainly your most valued possession that you should manage properly. While important, people have to deserve of your time, as it is not like money that you can get any time that you want. It is something that you can never return once lost, so make sure to make the most of it

"Once you have mastered time, you will understand how true it is that most people overestimate what they can accomplish in a year - and underestimate what they can achieve in a decade!" - Anthony Robbins
  5. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

Managing time effectively is something that everyone can achieve... on paper.

We all have 1440 minutes a day to do with as we please and we can always find a way to schedule our activities to fit into that chunk of time according to our particular set of priorities.

As OmaSeNg pointed out, there are digital tools and other kinds of resources that can help us out; however, none of that really matters if we don't first adjust our mindset and then cultivate the discipline to do what's required to implement our plan.

Taking action is the key to getting the results we seek, but discipline and commitment are the crucial elements that turn the key.

payment proof likes this.
  6. Claire93

Claire93 Member

This time, I've already ordered an essay, so I'll see how does that work.
    But anyway, thank's for your ideas, friends.
    I hope that'll help me.
    All the best!
  7. Claire93

Claire93 Member

Hi there, once again. I’ve received my essay. And, you know, the ideas in it were so interesting. My prof really liked it. Right now I have a clear structure of such kind of an assignment. So next time I’ll try to use it and get my ‘A’ once again. But thanks for your help, friends.

Have a nice day, there!