I can't connect to skype - can someone help me??

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by mountainmom5, Feb 2, 2008.

1. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I need to download skype to use with contact talk and my computer keeps saying I can't connect - are there any gurus on here that could throw me a few hints??

I have Windows XP and use IE as my browser.... It's a tad frustrating as I was really looking forward to giving contact talk a try but is it worth it without skype for the voice messages??

Thanks guys![​IMG]
  2. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

Viola,
    What kind of internet connection do you have. Evelyn, a member of mine, has a satelite dish system for her highspeed internet and she can't use skype. You can still use it for email though. That's what I use it for.
  3. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Hi Harold,

I just switched from ADSL to satellite (no choice) and discovered I lost access to Skype. Very disappointing as I use it to call my family in the US (from Australia) at a couple of cents a minute.

Do you know of a competitive alternative for those with satellite?

Thanks,
    Angie
  4. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I have DSL - and it just won't connect for me... so what do you mean it would work for email but not otherwise?
  5. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Viola,
    If you've got DSL it should work. Perhaps you have a setting or something that isn't allowing access. I'm certainly not much good when it comes to these things, but I wonder if you have gone to the Skype site and checked their troubleshooting or help files.

Sometimes they have a step by step procedure for recurring problems that people have. It's worth a shot until someone who knows how to help comes along.

Hope you get it sorted.

Blessings,
    Angie
  6. asebf

asebf New Member

http://reviews.cnet.com/7004-7254_7-0.html

dsl comes in many different speeds - go to the above and check the speed of your connection. Voice and much more for video require a high speed in reality (vendors define "high speed" as anything better than dial up) connection.

Then check with Skype to see what speed is needed.
  7. asebf

asebf New Member

any luck? connecting?
  8. PNL Travel

PNL Travel New Member

Quoting: mountainmom5 was really looking forward to giving contact talk a try but is it worth it without skype for the voice messages??

Good question! I would like to know the answer to that one myself!

[​IMG]

Lora
  9. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

I have never used it for voice but, if I was fulltime Coastal, I most definitely would. Is it worth it for just email? I think so but mainly because I do plan on using it to it's full capacity in the future. If you are planning on emailing thousands of people then yes, it is worth it. BUT, don't think it is a "buy it and use it flawlessly on the first try" system. There is definitely a learning period and they have a good service team that will spend time with you and show you what to do.
  10. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Thanks so much everyone - I am checking out all the tips I have gotten so far and am still not connecting but I will keep working at it - there are a few things I haven't tried yet, like the speed thing you were talking about Bob - I might give you a call then but am swamped this morning so will work on it later today.....

[​IMG]
  11. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

[​IMG]I gave up for now !

I think I might go with myearnpro system to use as a contact management / lead capture system because I like Dani's training that is combined with it.

But hey thanks so much for all your tips - I just don't have time to mess with it right now!

Gotta keep building my team!
  12. victorious

victorious New Member

I would contact Skype directly. They are the ones that can really help you.

Matt & Catherine Willis
    The Internet Marketers
    770-995-0029
  13. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

It's okay - I have gone on for now and maybe when I get a notion to tackle it again, I'll get a bit more aggresive. Thanks, though![​IMG]
  14. victorious

victorious New Member

Wish you the best!

Matt & Catherine Willis
    The Christian Marketers
    770-995-0029