I could use some Help Please - in starting to do Home Parties

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by cgardner1, Jul 17, 2007.

1. cgardner1

cgardner1 New Member

I'm not the home party type - so I've never done them for Coastal
    But.... I know some others do well with them.

I'd like to find a prospect who will do parties - and set them up -
    so I could use some good ideas for making them successful

I would appreciate so much any of your experience or insights

Thank you - you've all been so helpful in this forum!!
    Carole

2. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Hi Carole,

First, you should do your own Grand Opening home party. Keep it simple. Serve cookies and juice.

I don't do home parties, but in a previous life I owned a soy candle direct sales company and had to know EVERYTHING ABOUT IT. One way you can learn is from The Booster...Jenny B primarily focuses on providing home party plan reps with things to help boost their business. Check her website out at

http://www.thebooster.com/scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=1332

Jay NaPier
    Level 3 Director/ Master Trainer
    Coastal Vacations

3. wapahm

wapahm New Member

Hi Carole
    A home party sounds like FUN!

I have several ideas going around in my head

On the invitation you can let people know that for everyone that brings a guest, gets their name in a drawing to win a Cruise!

Have colorful brochures laying around that gives a basic overview of Coastal (of course have your contact info at the bottom)

Do you have a Coastal Movie you can show your guest?
    Just have it play over and over in the back ground while everyone is mingling.

Then get everyone together for a power point presentation
    Do your drawing and then have
    Q & A time

Give away something special to everyone that signs up that day!

Hope this helps,
    Cindy

4. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Ok, If you really want to make it fun. Everyone who comes gets a vacations. The vacation they get depends on how many guests they bring along.

As for the Caostal Movie - Everyone should have one as it comes with your membership.

Jay NaPier
    Level 3 Director/ Master Trainer
    Coastal Vacations

5. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Home parties are the best. The energy is amazing. I have released many a director that way. Some of the things we do are really simple. We actually make two rooms to work out of. The first is usually the living room and we do fun raffles and games to get the energy up. After revving the crowd up we then put the DVD in. We only show the product side. Why do you ask? Well alot of people arent interested in the business so no need to push that on them. This is where the second room comes in. As people see the first part and the conversation is on the travel package we bring up that we have a few business opportunity positions open that we are interviewing people for. Those people can follow us to the second room where we show the biz opt part of the DVD.

This has worked well for us and I encourage new teammates to do this all the time. I hope this helps a bit.

Adam

6. goldmills

goldmills New Member

Carole,

I did a training call some years back which we outlined exactly how to do a home party from people who were doing it earning $9k in a weekend, totally outside of their warm market, family and friends.

Anyone can feel free to download this and learn from it. It is one of the best trainings I have heard on how to do a home party that rocks for coastal without being cheesy or hypey.

coastal-vacation-club.com/9-21-05.mp3

Jeff

7. Cathy

Cathy New Member

I tried that url but it didn't work. I am also looking to do home parties.
    Cathy

8. griffiths

griffiths New Member

It works. Just type www. in front of the link

Brandon

9. victorious

victorious New Member

Where to get people to join the party? I really like Craigslist for local activities like this one. I get a lot of local response from Craigslist. However, don't underestimate the power of word of mouth. You don't NEED to tell your friends and family, but some might feel left out if you don't tell them about your home party and your absolutely amazing travel package!

Matt & Catherine Willis
    Successful Coastal Vacations Level 3 Directors
    770-995-0029