I found a real honest to goodness JOB - not an Opp... a job.

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by beccala, Mar 29, 2006.

1. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Quoting: justinackThere are a lot of these type positions advertised on clickbank only they usually have a catch of requiring payment and it's usually typing adwords ads or similar. So it's good to get feedback about genuine opportunities.
    Most genuine jobs do not have any joining fee

2. mtsouth

mtsouth New Member

Quoting: pcwork
    Most genuine jobs do not have any joining fee

True, but headhunters have jobs for a reason. Sometimes the initial investment is overshadowed by the potential return. There are legitimate online jobs available. They take some searching and that can be time consuming. It is often easier to make a small investment in an information product which will open more doors for income.

3. drinkflinger

drinkflinger New Member

I've heard lots about ws but you have to have a credit card.

4. KHirst22

KHirst22 New Member

Hi beccala,

I just sent my resume to parameds.com to try to apply for a home position. I still have to go to the site and look at the employment. They had four positions listed. Is there a place where I can read what the requirements are for each position?

Kim

5. Chandan12

Chandan12 New Member

Hi Beccala,

Thanks for the info. I visited their website and have sent them my resume. Do they pay per case or per hour and do I have to pay any fees upfront for training etc.

Look forward to your response.

Thanks once again.

6. beccala

beccala New Member

Hi Kim & Chandan - BOY... this is like a lifetime ago to me that I worked for ParaMeds. I don't recall much of anything ladies... I am so sorry!

I have come so far since then. I did not work for ParaMeds too long - the pay was not very good for the amount of work you had. I do recall Chandan that they only paid for completed cases - no matter how long it took or how many calls you had to make to get that case closed. Not good.

So the next work from home job I found was working for West Work at Home Agent. They were all right - pay once again was not very good per hour. It was only per call - the time spent on a call. Well I was working for HSN and there are a lot of other call centers that the calls would be forwarded to first - West Agents were like the last ones on the totem pole; consequently it was only busy when everyone else was busy. A lot of time spent having to be logged in and nothing to do and not getting paid for the time you are logged in. Not good.

I finally did find a DECENT paying work from home job, but I am not at liberty to tell you what company. What I can say is that it is in the "Tech Support" industry and you have to have some serious computer skills. So google that ladies and good luck with your search. I know that my diligence has FINALLY paid off. But it did take me 4 years to get here.

[​IMG]

7. Chandan12

Chandan12 New Member

Hi Beccala,

Thanks for responding to my message. Gr8 to know you have finally landed with something good and to your liking. Appreciate your tip re. tech jobs. I have excellent computer skills so will definitely do some web surfing on this one. Cheers![​IMG]

8. Marktech

Marktech Member

Thanks Beccala, for that bit of info. I got laid off at Dell as a phone support tech and was wondering if there's not some work at home opps for that type of work.

9. pastorlch

pastorlch New Member

Hi,
    You sound like you know your way around work at home jobs. I'm a pastor and am looking for extra income. I have about 2 hours per night available from 9:00-11:00pm and I can do a little daytime work on Saturday or Monday. Is there something you are aware of that would be a safe honest income stream for a guy like me?
    Thanks
    Lawrence

10. pnutt60

pnutt60 New Member

Can you tell me how to get started in this? Thank you.

11. blharlow

blharlow New Member

A Real online JOB. I have seen a lot of post about Opportunities etc. I am not looking for an opportunity, I am looking for a REAL Job. I already working a full time job. I have two little ones, so I want to do something at home. I am already with WEST.COM, but hardly ever have the opportunity for hours that I can work. Has anyone found any real jobs out there? Feel free to PM me, but please don't send me a bunch of Opportunities. Before joining this forum, I have spent the last year searching and I am tired. Any suggestions? Thanks

12. beccala

beccala New Member

You know people - c'mon! No one can tell you how to get started. I had to work my butt off searching and filling out app after app - searching and searching - as I said it took me 4 years to find something legit and that pays decently.... and that is in Tech Support. You have to be self-starter! You have to be diligent and smart. Get on line and start searching. Don't fall for things that you have to pay for! DON'T DO IT. Nothing legitimate asks you to pay for anything! You have to get a decent resume done and be ready to send it out A LOT! And you need to post it on every single site you find.... search, search and search some more. Good luck!

13. blharlow

blharlow New Member

beccala: You know people - c'mon! No one can tell you how to get started. I had to work my butt off searching and filling out app after app - searching and searching - as I said it took me 4 years to find something legit and that pays decently....

My only thought, wouldn't it have been nice if someone would have given people like you a head up, instead of you wasting 4 years? I, like many others on this forum are looking for a heads up. Some type of direction would be nice, but I have seen post after post of encouraging words and a Good Luck. Must everyone that hopes to find a real job online, search for 4 or more years, when the need for the job is now & not later. [​IMG]

Thank you for your time.

14. Mayra

Mayra New Member

Can you give me more information on your new job? I am looking for an additional income. My husband been out of work since February and its been quite tight around here. Can you help?

15. beccala

beccala New Member

Ok... (sigh).... blharlow & Mayra... I cannot tell you what company I am working for... it would not be appropriate. I DID tell you the industry - google it!! If I had more advice I WOULD SHARE IT!

16. teresagoodley

teresagoodley New Member

Lawerence,

You can contact me at [email protected]
    I am in a faith based organization. I do this part time as well. I do not make a ton of money but it is worth my while.

17. ADJ

ADJ New Member

Hi, I am a new member and thought that I would throw my hat into the ring also. I have just recently became unemployed(truck driver for 19 yrs.) and I have no desire to go back to doing this type of work.I am a female and older and beyond burn-out.Can anyone help me with any ideas about finding a work at home "job. Does everything consist of the use of a computer-I am still learning but as you can read, I am quite aware of my "spelling. I don't ming investing in something as long as it is a small sum.If I had a lot of money I would not be looking for a job-I would be able to take a vacation and settle my nerves Thanks a million

18. gradyp

gradyp New Member

Welcome to the forum, ADJ. I can relate to feeling "burned out" with an offline job. There are times that I feel that way myself.

Are you wanting to do something online? There are a lot of ways you could do that. But there are other opportunities that could be done offline as well.

Your spelling looks pretty good. Just remember that many programs now have a spellchecker on them. If you see a word underlined in red, take a close look at it. Right click on the word and you'll see some choices that might have the right word. It won't catch words that are misspelled into other words, but it can help cut down on your spelling mistakes.

Good luck making some money so you can take that vacation and settle your nerves! [​IMG] (Set that as a goal/reward [​IMG] )

Grady

19. Sara Hepburn

Sara Hepburn New Member

I would just like to interject something that I hear a lot "legit companies don't ask you to invest anything" while I think it is true to some degree, I know there are many LEGIT companies that have a small start up fee in place in order to be able to compensate the employees. I think we are too quick to cast aside great opportunities only because we might have to pay a bit upfront. Isn't that what going to college is all about...investing a bit upfront in order to have a better future?

20. JennyRR

JennyRR New Member

I was 'burnt out' as well, a bit like you my job involved driving around the country for appointments, sitting in traffic and I just got worn out so I retired recently.

Even after working loads of years my pension was not a lot so I had to start working at home. I love it, the freedom it gives me.

Whatever you start, it takes a bit of time to get the money coming in, but it certainly is possible, things are great now.

I got fed up searching and searching and eventually I chose a Company who has set up four websites for me and they included everything, it was the whole package. The most important thing being a one to one tutor as I was a newbie to internet marketing.

So a home business online can work. just be cautious who you choose to work with.