I googled my screen name I came up on someone else's blog

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by robinincarolina, May 11, 2009.

1. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

I know I am bombarding everyone with questions, but hey that means I am learning. I have one more, well I will probably have more than one. lol. I googled my screen name and wow, my life was there. But the one thing I noticed was that some of my posts were linked to someone elses blog that was very similar to mine. Is this what the Rs feed is about or what? How does this happen and is it something I should do? Someone please explain.

2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Sometimes blogs get linked together somehow because of tags but if they are copying your articles or posts , make sure they are adding your resource box as it is illegal for anyone to use your articles without your link...

I don't mind if they use my articles as long as the resource box is there. In fact, I think it is cool... more traffic for me.[​IMG]

3. cherie27

cherie27 New Member

Might be other people are using your rss feed to fill their blog or make sure of your article to put in their blog.

As long as your resource box is there, that mean more traffic for you.

4. robinincarolina

No resource box, just a comment I made about a book I read that they are trying to promote, which by the way I am promoting as well

5. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

robinincarolina: No resource box, just a comment I made about a book I read that they are trying to promote, which by the way I am promoting as well

Hi Robin,

Sorry that happened to you!

First, you might contact them and ask them to either include a resource box or to take it down.

Mention that you require a reply within three business days or you will start legal proceedings by sending a Cease and Desist order and that you'll get more aggressive about future legal action if necessary.

That's just an email telling them to take it down formatted so that it contains Cease and Desist speak. It's a very short and simple document. You can Google for a free template.

You can also discuss it with Google. They don't like content theft and have been know to go to bat for victims of the same.

You can tell them that you'll report it to Google if you think that would be helpful.

Since they stole your content, I wouldn't be too soft. They probably wouldn't change anything if they didn't take you seriously.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

~Newbie Shield~

6. robinincarolina

Thanks very much. I will do just that. And don't worry about me being soft. I am pretty fearless.