I hope lots of folks will read this

Discussion in 'Casual Chat' started by oregoncountry, Mar 31, 2009.

1. oregoncountry

oregoncountry Member

I've been using the WAHF for a couple of months now and met a lot of nice, helpful people. I'd just like to either remind or point out the fact that I, for one, came here truly looking for help for an almost desparate financial(or lack thereof)situation. 2 surgeries(with "over the top" costs)a bankruptcy, divorce, landing in a homeless shelter and a few other traumatic experiences later, here I am. I am blessed to be living in a beautiful Valley now making my way as a property caretaker for an older couple. I have wayyyyyyy more than a lot of people but no monetary income, yet. Many people might think "wow, she really screwed up her life". That's ok, it's not my business what other people think. But I have a huge heart and if someone comes here with questions and maybe no money or experience, we all need to treat them with kindness, patience and love. I remember some years ago, it dawned on me that there are actually "real" live, breathing people on the other end of this world, wide highway, not just typing on a page from some bot(well, most of the time[​IMG] )

Those of you that have not experienced hard times are very fortunate. Those of you who have, know what Im talking about, but may have forgotten(or not). I have a pretty, good "forgetter" myself after I've made it through the "storm".

I look forward to learning more each day here, from all those that have gone before me in this "working from home" biz[​IMG] And, when I have learned some valuable things, I look forward to helping someone else[​IMG]

denise in Sams Valley OR

2. coffee

coffee New Member

Denise, very nicely said. It is great to hear that things are turning around for you. I too am taking the steps to change my life and live the life I dream about. We could all use a little patience and understanding.

3. westfam11

westfam11 Member

Denise,

I appreciate your honest post. You should be commended for sharing and coming here and trying to learn all you can to help yourself.

My husband and I have always had jobs, etc. and done very well but just this week my husband was told he is getting laid off. It is a very scary road we are on now and I am definitely revamping and getting more serious about my on-line business(es).

I know it can be done and I am sure you will be able to find something you enjoy doing and can make an income online also.

Becky

4. oregoncountry

oregoncountry Member

coffee: Denise, very nicely said. It is great to hear that things are turning around for you. I too am taking the steps to change my life and live the life I dream about. We could all use a little patience and understanding.
    Thanks Coffee, very nice to meet you[​IMG] Yes, one little step at a time, I am making a little money. Today I received a survey from Opinion Outpost and for the first time, I qualified and got to complete it!!! 2.00 was put into my account there[​IMG] I also did my first "ever" article at ezine. Never done anything like that, well, I've written "stuff" but never tried to publish. We'll see how that goes. I love getting to try some of these things I really never thought I could do at all. Not much education etc. But I think each of us have gifts and talents we just need an opportunity to try out. The internet can give us that[​IMG]

Hope to get to know you better and see you around the forums,

denise in Sams Valley OR

5. oregoncountry

oregoncountry Member

westfam11: My husband and I have always had jobs
    , etc. and done very well but just this week my husband was told he is getting laid off. It is a very scary road we are on now and I am definitely revamping and getting more serious about my on-line business(es).
    Hi Becky, wow, my heart really went out to you. My friends and neighbors edie and derrell worked all their lives at the same jobs and planned, invested, saved. Because of the economy, they are starting to dip into what was meant for when they are quite elderly. They are getting scared as well. I have learned to get by on next to nothing so I suppose I am just used to it. But now, edie is asking my help to get her started with some online things. I've got her setup to do some surveys and told her of my plans to have my own website and do Affiliate Marketing. Today I did an article just to see if that could bring in some money also. I want her to join this site and meet folks. I think she will eventually. I am so new at all this but if you ever need to talk, just pm me[​IMG] We can all help eachother with each new thing we learn[​IMG]

Thanks for your reply, I love meeting people and.....knowing there are others that know where Im coming from[​IMG]

6. BigD

BigD New Member

As someone said previously I think we are all trying to make some positive changes in our lives, but I have to say I truly admire your honesty and determination to get your life back on track and wish you succes and all the very best for your future.

7. MarketingGuide

MarketingGuide New Member

Denise, that is nice hope you will get all the luck in your life.

8. oregoncountry

oregoncountry Member

BigD: As someone said previously I think we
    Mornin Big D!! Today I am reading a free guide on building a marketing blog. I am also getting more "paying" surveys. I figured out even and .80 survey a day can add up[​IMG] Really glad to meet you and look forward to seeing you around. I am so glad that there is a site like this where folks can gather and yack about it all. Sure makes the world a less-lonely place[​IMG]

denise in Sams Valley OR

9. oregoncountry

oregoncountry Member

MarketingGuide: Denise, that is nice hope you will get all the luck in your life.
    Hi MG[​IMG] I wish you the very same[​IMG] I don't know if Im cool or not, I know I used to think I was, LOLLLLLLLL, but Im gonna sneak a peak at your link below[​IMG]

Have a great day! denise in Sams Valley OR

10. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Hey Denise. My wife and I wish you all the best and am glad your spirit has not been broken during all the challenges you have went through. Life can be difficult at times but we believe that God wont ever give us more than we can handle. I know that seems hard when you are going through things but having the faith to believe its all going to work out has helped us through many a tough time.

This forum has been invaluable in our growth personally as well as business wise. We see others go through many of the trials and tribulations we have faced. In addition we learn how not to make many mistakes by reading the stories of others. There is alot of power in groups as you begin to feel like you arent alone no matter what.

Our door is open to you for questions or just regular chat. We wish you the utmost in success and look forward to seeing your name in lights as your business prospers.

11. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

Denise,

I admire your courage to undress yourself in such a public place and expose your wounds and scars to the world. There is something refreshing and attractive about such open honesty. You are some woman!

We are all hit by "storms" at some time or other in our lives, and after the turbulence, when we are picking through the debris and assessing the damage, we often experience a peculiar mixture of gratitude and assurance.

As bad as the wreckage may be, we are grateful things aren't any worse. At the same time we are flooded with a comforting assurance that we can make it from here. Somehow we are transformed by the events, and that transformation becomes the "wind beneath our wings" that lifts us over whatever obstacles we may encounter in future.

Your post is truly inspiring. We are all pulling for you!

Hermas

12. oregoncountry

oregoncountry Member

thanks hermas, you had posted to another forum and I can't think of where now, but I was answering you on that and my pc croaked. It's running better today though. I submitted my first article to Associated Content. I am hoping it will be good enough to make a little money on. It's on weight-loss. I have been involved with a free website since last October and learned to eat much healthier and exercise. I lost 10 lbs so far. That isn't as much as I could have lost if I had not gotten a knee injury. Im maintaining my 127 lbs but it is sure hard not to be able to get out and walk like I was.

Anyway, I hope your weekend is full of good stuff! And thank you again. By the way, I sure don't like the idea of getting nekked in front of people but I know what you meant, lol!!! denise

13. makingmoneynow

makingmoneynow New Member

It's good to hear everyones sucess stories especially with this economy. Well I wish the best for everyone out there.

14. coffee

coffee New Member

Hi Denise,

How have you been doing? Congratulations on writing your first article and getting a survey. Have you written any more?

That is so great your are doing things you haven't done before or didn't think you could. I once heard that confidence is gain by doing things we thought we couldn't do.

Please keep us updated.

15. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

Denise is an amazing woman. She is an inspiration. Cheers to you my friend in Oregon!!

16. Michele Pittman

Michele Pittman New Member

Hi Denise. I'm actually right there with you: about to be divorced, no job and n o unemployment income....so basically no income but I'm smart and motivated. I honestly don't know how you can make your work from home dream a reality without this forum.

17. sapphire81

sapphire81 New Member

Wow, when it rains, it pours, huh? Your story is quite an inspiration. I hope that you find something you can do and be very successful at it.

Megan