I JUST DON'T KNOW WHERE TO START!

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Mandm32351, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

Selling7116: make your link clickable so people don't have to copy and paste
    That was my first thought reading this thread,
    all that work advertising and no HTML knowledge?
    Hard to promote a site on-line if you can't link to it.

This thread has a lot of good reading, thanks for sharing everybody.
  2. Selling7116

Selling7116 New Member

shaun

I cannot agree with you enough viral marketing is huge and it is fun! I think that is what has gotten me so addicted to marketing. Viral Marketing has made me want to know more about marketing. I think that if it is not fun then why do it. I joined a viral marketing site not long ago and I am really building my business. It's cool to see people have the same interest as me. They interact with me and we talk about the same subjects. Viral Marketing is the best thing since sliced bread!
  3. shaun

shaun New Member

Nice Ad
    Selling7116
    Im certain we wont see you here again!

ps I dont need to spend money on product to go viral, as my post iterates I spent years looking at the WORLDS ! email...yes thats right the whole world mate !
    Viral is FREE....no money required. Would have been a little bit cooler if your capture/sales page came to me virally but it didnt, itcame via a LAME forum post and by the way - our interests are not the same..
    I hope I have made myself abundantly clear
  4. shaun

shaun New Member

p.s good viral isnt on to be on the internet !
    The really good stuff .... you cant google !
  5. Selling7116

Selling7116 New Member

shaun

Wow, You are a great sales man. You have a great knowledge of looking at adds and which ones tend to make money. I have been selling since I was eight years old. I really was not trying to send you a link at all. I was just saying that you are correct, viral marketing is cool no matter how the information is obtained. Being that you are a insider and have a vast amount of knowledge of which can and can not be considered attractive. I have also learned in sales that my motivation is gained from negative responses. I'm sure you are financially smart enough to figure out millions of dollars can be made from just an stupid idea.

Thank You!!
  6. Selling7116

Selling7116 New Member

To add to that, thanks for trying to shut my business down. lol You once again used your vast amount of knowledge to take out ty coon. All those years of experience and you took time away from your multi billion dollar business for me... I am so applaud!!
  7. workfromhomeus

workfromhomeus New Member

post free ads, search for forum that accept ad posting like seoflexforum, freeadforum, plajja etc..
  8. LJameson

LJameson New Member

I would certainly do a little search engine optimization on your page(s). For instance, the title of your home page is HOME. Others have offered some good advice. Getting traffic from search engines from people "looking for" what you are selling is gold traffic.

But the search engines must be able to find you.
  9. audrey12

audrey12 New Member

Hi Michelle, How is your online business going now? Are you facing online marketing problems still? If you need to market your business online, there are many strategies like writing review articles and circulating it among other sites on internet. And many other techniques. If you are interested you can get help from professionals to do online marketing in cost-effective way. I came across a micro job site recently, 3to30, where experts provide the service for just $3.
  10. ThePhoenix

ThePhoenix New Member

Something like that requires personal marketing and pay-per-click. Of course, it is important to use relationship marketing and establish long-term relationships with your customers.
  11. infoguy

infoguy New Member

Hello Michelle,first and foremost,koodos to starting.Many just THINK about it.In order to really get your business off the ground try focus on your TARGET market.Flowershops,caterers,event planners,and those sites who are SEEKING what you have to offer.Next,consider OFFLINE methods as well.

This is a time to be creative.Seek out social media friends and build a following on Facebook,Linked in AND your local networking groups.You will be amazed on how a little strategic alliance and networking can have tons of traffic coming your way.In closing may your business be filled with the greatest of success.
  12. msliza28

msliza28 New Member

I also need help to , I really don't know where to start, so far Ive been promoting on twitter and thats it, would love advice.
  13. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Hi Elizabeth,

What exactly do you need help with? Are you trying to start an online business? Do you know what kind you want to start? Have you considered affiliate marketing? It's something that many people start with because their is very little money investment needed.

Consider reading some of the free ebooks available on the subject of affiliate marketing to familiarize yourself with the concept and the methods involved in building an online business. I think you'll feel more confident in knowing what you want to do and how to do it.

Blessings,
    Angie
  14. MarketingforWAH

MarketingforWAH New Member

I read through all the comments and they are all great. However, like someone said, we really need more information and so do you.

The very first step in marketing, is to know who you are selling to. When you do your market research then you will be able to tell who buys and why. This information can help you to realize what you need to do to reach your market.

For example, how old is your customer, are they mostly female, moms, dads, are they buying for gifts? When you get all the information you can, then you can best decide on what keywords may work to get not only the traffic but also the sale. This information helps you find out where your market hangs out so that you know where to advertise.

More research to do before you start advertising is to find out about yourself. What makes you different from everyone else? Then take this information to use in your marketing and branding. There are many others selling the same products as you and you need to show your market why they should chose you.

Hope this helps give you a place to start.

~ Emily
  15. Marco Casario

Marco Casario New Member

The latest technique that has gone viral is video marketing. No harm in trying...