I Made Money From Squidoo Last Month!

Discussion in 'Squidoo' started by web20mentor, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Newbie Shield Gold Member

businessonapage: ...in November and December I got over $500 from 1 Affiliate ad on one page...

Hi Business,

Major congrats on your sales! Hey, if you've done it once, there's a good chance that you can do it again. Just keep at it and I'm sure you'll do well.

~Newbie Shield~
  2. dpace New Member

So you really can make money having fun writing about things you have a passion? I am new at this and wondering if this really works.
  3. businessonapage New Member

If your willing to give it a go, why wouldn't it work?

I must admit I have had a glimpse of the article to money conversion working (I spent 15 mins getting a page together and in November and December got around $500. Since then though, nothing) so I am yet to see the process provide a steady stream of income. But having done it once, I hope I can duplicate it again and again.

It seems to take forever to get all the steps right:
    o work out a product someone will want
    o work out the supplier if it is not you
    o work out the cost or commission if your an affiliate
    o work out where the buyers are
    o work out what they want to know
    o work out how to put the information on a web sight
    o work out how get a reader to read your article
    o work out how to participate in forums and social communities
    o and the list goes on...

I like the disclaimer on one of your 'My Online Income System', it might put a perspective on what we are doing...

Every effort has been made to accurately represent our product and it's potential. Any claims made of actual earnings or examples of actual results can be verified upon request. The testimonials and examples used are exceptional results, don't apply to the average purchaser and are not intended to represent or guarantee that anyone will achieve the same or similar results. Each individual's success depends on his or her background, dedication, desire and motivation. As with any business endeavor, there is an inherent risk of loss of capital and there is no guarantee that you will earn any money. Do not buy this product unless you have read and agree to the following earnings disclaimer here.
  4. Newbie Shield Gold Member

businessonapage: It seems to take forever to get all the steps right

Hi Businessonapage,

It's a lot more work and takes quite a bit longer than the so-called gurus would have us believe.

businessonapage: Each individual's success depends on his or her background, dedication, desire and motivation.

Entirely true. It takes time, effort, passionate commitment, and experience to do well with online marketing.

It's a tortoise of a process and there are no short cuts or quick fixes.

Your bullet list clearly depicts that there is more to it than the false gurus claim. Many will find your bullet list helpful.

~Newbie Shield~
  5. businessonapage New Member

Newbie Shield: Entirely true. It takes time, effort, passionate commitment, and experience to do well with online marketing.
    Hello Newbie,
    I noticed your signature's presence because of its absense. What have you been up too? I've gone back to your lenses and noticed the one about the history of music. My children and I have enjoyed the video with Jono Callow on it so far.
  6. Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Biz,

I removed the sig file just to show that I like the community for what it is and that I like to help simply because people need help rather than posting to get clicks on a link. It's just a personal statement and I don't recommend it for anyone else.

I've been working on my new domain. Mostly I've been testing some things with WordPress (WP) such as creating templates from scratch, plugin compatibility with the latest three versions of WP, and teaching myself some more PHP. Thanx for asking.

The didgeridoo is an interesting instrument in the hands of a creative musician such as Jono. Extra cool that he plays the drum set at the same time. Glad to hear you enjoyed the lens [IMG]

I see you have quite a few new lenses - 34 in all at this point. Several nice ones. I starred and favorited a few more, nice job. What else have you been up to?

~Newbie Shield~
  7. newbiz02 New Member

web20mentor: But I use them more to give my youtube videos backlinks which drives them up the search engines nicely.

lol wierd. I use my youtube videos to drive traffic to my squidoo lens to rank better. [IMG]
  8. businessonapage New Member

Newbie Shield: What else have you been up to?

Hello Newbie, wish I could remember...

I believe I have been tidying up Squidoo pages, joining MLM's, AdTraffic and AdExchanges, creating online shops, blogs and search engines and registering with affiliate advertisers to try and reach for the dream of making an income from network marketing.

I think it feels slow because I have been using free resources, I have to learn new things on the way and the returns have seemed relatively small compared to what I first made by accident.

I hope the next month I will understand what I have done, prove that the returns far out-weigh the minimal expense and then promoting these for others to try, if they are interested.

I wonder if there would be enough interest to start a forum about this?
  9. s12345 New Member

hey there i have done my first lense and i am working on getting links to it etc i think the most powerful way to get your squidoo page to rank well it have quality backlinks [IMG]
  10. ka7952 New Member

I have heard about squidoo for a while and just started working with it.

I like it.

Just to have my page ranked on a daily basis is already fun.

So far I have earned only from my affiliate links, not from coop pay or adsense with squidoo yet.
  11. bOsiNg New Member

I have been a Squidoo member since Sep 2007 but it was just recently that I started adding lenses when I saw the potential of earning some. I have a total of 6 and keep adding more. I have 1 about SEO (a guide on how to get high ranking in search engine).
  12. businessonapage New Member

s12345: i think the most powerful way to get your squidoo page to rank well it have quality backlinks
    There is some formula for Squidoo rankings, it would be impossible to say how much weighting comes from backlinks.

However, it is sugested that Google will prefer to show your link to others if you have backlinks, as it is considered that people are referring to you for good content.
  13. businessonapage New Member

ka7952: So far I have earned only from my affiliate links, not from coop pay or adsense with squidoo yet.
    In my opinion, you should considering keeping up the use of affiliate links. You must have a pretty good knack for what you are doing.

The coop pool is relatively hard to make substantial as it relies on the pool of money available and the number of lenses in each rank bandwidth.
  14. Newbie Shield Gold Member

bOsiNg: I have been a Squidoo member since Sep 2007 but it was just recently that I started adding lenses when I saw the potential of earning some.
    Hi bOsiNg,

I joined your fanclub plus rated and favorited one of your lenses.

I'm the electric guitar avatar on Squidoo.

~Newbie Shield~
  15. bOsiNg New Member

Newbie,

Thanks for visiting and rating my lens.
  16. newbiz02 New Member

ok i just made $0.08 on my lens. I think that was adsense, but im not sure. so far im not making my lens to make money within squidoo, im mostly using it to promote other things.

But i think that the way to make squidoo money would be to
    make alot of lenses. I saw a guy who has over 1,000 lenses.
    Im not joking, i checked him out. Now that guy is making squidoo money.
  17. bOsiNg New Member

I earned $35 last month from my amazon link on my lens about Best Netbook of 2009.
  18. grh395 New Member

This is all interesting stuff - I have never used Squidoo before. I'm really impressed with kaazoom who seems to have mastered income generation from it - I will have to check it out. You learn something new every day - so exciting! [IMG]
  19. eytanfb New Member

great! i have a lens too I hope I can make money as well.
  20. diane622 New Member

Once again, EXCELLENT and VALUABLE information from everyone!

I'm soaking it up because I finally made MY FIRST lens today! I posted a thread to see if some people could check it out and give me any suggestions. Don't want it to seem like I'm spamming though.