I Made Money From Squidoo Last Month!

Discussion in 'Squidoo' started by web20mentor, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Jean LA New Member

Placing your own affiliate links inside you write module can also give you profit indirectly. Lots of people have made lots of lenses and have made a nice profit from royalties.
  2. diane622 New Member

Hi Jean,

How do you place affiliate links in lenses? (Just using
  3. schraderj23 New Member

absolutely diane, normal html can be used to place links in squidoo. It seems the most common practice is to become an amazon affiliate and place those on your lenses. You get full commission with the affiliate link, if you sell using amazon modules, squidoo gets a cut.
  4. earthworks New Member

Squidoo is an awesome way to generate some good search engine traffic. This is a great way to get started online!

I will have to dive into this more in depth to see if I can get results.

How much time does it take to set up as lens anyhow?
  5. earthworks: How much time does it take to set up as lens anyhow?
    It really depends. But for your first lens, I would definitely set aside a day or two so you can play around with it and get a feel for what you're doing. Also, in order to get results, you want to make quality lenses so take a look through the top 100 lenses to see what makes them successful.

But it's all definitely worth it, IMO. I have had a lot of success getting traffic from my lenses and I've made some money at the same time.

-Danielle
  6. metalfrog New Member

So how do you actually make money on squidoo? Is it just from selling things on Amazon and modules like that?
  7. metalfrog: So how do you actually make money on squidoo? Is it just from selling things on Amazon and modules like that?
    Nope. You also get a portion of the overall earnings of Squidoo each month (royalties). How much you get depends on what your Lensrank is, so the higher the LR, the more money you'll get.

It's explained in more detail here: http://www.squidoo.com/paymentfaq

Of course, you also can make money from selling things, but it's not limited to that.

-Danielle
  8. metalfrog New Member

Thanks Danielle. I'm new to Squidoo, only been doing it less than 2 weeks. I've managed to get one of my lens in the top 100 on the business section but it's ranked in the thousands overall. But no money yet. I'll just be patience and keeping trying. [IMG]
  9. Congrats on your success so far! It does take a while to make any money, but I think it's definitely worth it because after you've promoted and established your lenses enough, it's basically like residual income (albeit a small one).

-Danielle
  10. I can't have a Google AdSense account because I had AdSense ads on pages that I put on traffic exchanges at one time, so how do I make money on Squidoo without an AdSense account? Kontera?
  11. DoItNow New Member

This is a fantastic thread ... I am so grateful for all those who shared it.

I've several Squidoo lenses and now I'm going to go back and dress them up.

Danielle ... can you use Adbrite? instead of Adsense. Not sure

AnneMarie
  12. shmeeko69 Member

If anyone's not sure about using html code
    with squidoo, fortunately they have a lens
    dedicated to this.

link >> Squidoo HTML
  13. JoelCowen New Member

I have a lense but have not spent a lot of time on it. After reading this I might focus a little more time and see what happens. Thanks guys.

To your freedom and success,

Joel
  14. Jean LA New Member

One thing that is fascinating with squidoo is the high PR of the pages within the site. You can browse thae tag pages and use that tag if it has high PR.