I made more in Squidoo than My blogs

Discussion in 'Squidoo' started by bOsiNg, Apr 14, 2009.

1. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

I am using squidoo and blogs, but mostly squidoo. Here is just a little scenerio that can give you an idea of the money that can be generated. I don't do amazon, I use affiliate links. But anyway lets say you have 10 lens and they only average $40.00 per week in sales per lens, but thats times 10 which is $400.00 weekly. I build at least one lens per week, so do the math. What if they average more than $40.00 per week? That being said, once I reach that point, then I can be free to build my site that is just sitting idle in my favorites. And then I can link my lens to my site or already have all that content from my lens and articles to build my site, write my book whatever I chose to do. Big dreamer here!

2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

robinincarolina: I don't do amazon, I use affiliate links
    same here... amazon works and I have made money with it but affiliate links will make you way more! I mean, like way more.....we are talking about the difference between 4% - 6% which is what amazon pays and 50% - 75% which is what you can make with most Clickbank products and anywhere from 6% - 75% with other places such as Commission Junction, Shareasale.com, etc.....[​IMG]

3. JoyBringsWealth

JoyBringsWealth New Member

I have a question, I just posted a lens on squidoo (i'm new to all of this) and I was sent a message back that said I may have posted a squidon't. It was a purely informative article on making money online and I didn't promote an affiliate product outright in the lens description (I did leave a link "CLICK HERE" in my text module). I asked them to hand review it for approval. Any suggestions on how to make sure this doesn't happen again - this is actually the second time this has happened to me and I think it has something to do with the words "making money online" in the title or article...any advice on how to create these types of lenses without getting the "squidon't" message?

4. paulval

paulval Guest

I love Sqiudoo, It really has helped alot of people make some serious cash!

5. johnjimat

johnjimat New Member

guys. i am doing my first lens here. how you guys make something like "this is my favourite link" with arrow picture and link after that at bottom of your lens?

6. mtinsdale

mtinsdale New Member

In regards to finding the big arrows picture, I found it in the modules section. Search the modules section using "big arrow link" and it should come up..

7. TshirtFrank

TshirtFrank New Member

At first I wasn't a huge Squidoo fan but over the past 6 months I have learned to love it! The vast majority of my affiliate sales originate from my lenses.

8. Ann Williams

Ann Williams New Member

9. robinincarolina

The more lens you have the more money you can make. I try to make a lens a week, but do not always accomplish this. I also sometimes just take a week and write article after article in ezine and when they hit the traffic to my lens just keeps growing. I also link a lot of them together. It is fun and it is profitable.

10. I love Squidoo, too. It's so much fun and it's easier to get traffic to than a blog. It's more search engine friendly. I just started within the past month or so, but I have a couple high-ranking lenses and I can't wait to get my first pay-out!

-Danielle

11. robinincarolina

Keep doing it, you will soon get money everyday!

12. Everday? I thought it was only once a month or something. You can get paid more often than that?

-Danielle

13. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

moneymaker1008: Everday? I thought it was only once a month or something. You can get paid more often than that?
    Hi Danielle,

I think what Robin may be referring to is either from additional sites outside of Squidoo, making daily sales on your lenses - if you have enough lenses, and/or links from lenses that lead elsewhere.

However, you are right - Squidoo only sends money to your PayPal account once a month.

I'm sure your first Squidoo payday will be exciting regardless of the amount. If you can get it to work, you can always scale it up to earn more!

~Newbie Shield~

14. robinincarolina

Newbie Shield is correct. Money in my clickbank or other affiliate program is what I meant. Payout is once or twice a month. Money from my lens I donate to charities.

P.S.

I am still waitiing on someone to tell my the meaning behind your screen name Mewbid Shield.

15. Newbie Shield

robinincarolina: P.S.

I am still waitiing on someone to tell my the meaning behind your screen name Mewbid Shield.
    Hi Robin,

Lol, because you were asking earlier and because a few have asked in the past, I created a thread just for the purpose of answering your question and to get others to talk about the meaning behind their forum names.

The thread is here:

Newbie Shield - Who knows why I chose my name?

I'd say it was answered and I learned about the reason behind some of the other forum personalities as well. It's a fun thread [​IMG]

Let me know if after viewing it you still don't know what it means [​IMG]

~Newbie Shield~

16. robinincarolina

Excuse my spelling of your name above Newbie Shield. I have got to get it through my head not to post on any forum after a bottle of wine.

So I think I got it or either you shield yourself from Newbies? Great thread.

17. Thanks, both of you! I'm still a bit confused though. Someone in another forum was just talking about how Squidoo no longer allows affiliate links and how their lenses got deleted because of it. Is this correct or are there exceptions?

Thanks,
    Danielle

18. robinincarolina

All of my links are still there, so not sure about that. I would think though if that were the case, there would be no lens left. I think they just remove some lens in certain niches. Someone else will be better able to answer this I am sure.

19. Newbie Shield

moneymaker1008: Someone in another forum was just talking about how Squidoo no longer allows affiliate links and how their lenses got deleted because of it. Is this correct or are there exceptions?
    Hi Danielle,

That's incorrect. It's possible that they did get one or more lenses deleted but Squidoo still allows affiliate links.

~Newbie Shield~

20. Oh, okay. Thanks for clearing that up for me!

-Danielle