I may close the ASD forum

Discussion in 'ASD - Ad Surf Daily' started by Vishal P. Rao, Jul 26, 2008.

1. alasycia

alasycia New Member

I dont think when people post of the ASD forum here that they really think about posting stats.

People just become involved in it and come here because it is a comfortable place to hold a discussion.

Jenny
  2. Caterina

Caterina New Member

Newbie Shield: Hi Caterina,

We understand how this forum works and we know why the ASD folder was created.

Yes, you did misunderstand the comments, but that's okay.

Among other things, we were referring to the home page where the latest 25 discussions (or so) reside and get cycled down as they are temporarily replaced by newer discussions. It it titled "Latest Discussions". Just below it there is a link to view the last 100 Discussions. That link is near the bottom of the page.

Is there anything else you'd like to know about this forum?

I disagree about your opinion regarding whether or not forum flooding is occurring.

~Newbie Shield~

AlllllllllRIGHTIE, then.......understood that I misunderstood.....

I went and looked at the home page (something I've never done thoroughly) and clearly see, now, what you're talking about....but I can't see that that's anyone's "fault" who posts in this forum.....hell, I didn't even KNOW these posts show up on the home page....I can see where that would be annoying to someone wanting to look at ALL the options out there.....is it possible to have our own subheading, I wonder?

I'm not saying devious things such as "flooding" don't happen......but it sure seems to me like most of the people who participate here are doing the same thing I am....learning, teaching, exchanging, understanding, fretting, complaining, whatever.....I haven't seen ANY useless posts......including Iggy's tequila-laced thoughts (because I see THEM as directly relating to how one approaches a program like ASD).....

Anyhow - didn't mean to offend you.....
  3. 040107

040107 Member

Newbie Shield,

I think your concern about the "recent discussions" feature mainly
    affects the older members here who know how this forum works and
    are aware of such. Otherwise, ASD members probably view this site
    as mainly a ASD site because of the dominance of its presence on the
    top 25 recent discussions. That's why they weren't aware of it.
  4. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Gregory: The bashers and negative posters on this site DO NOT need to be tolerated. Much like Craigslist does with unallowed posts just delete them. Once we (the ASD members) continue to delete delete delete their posts they will go away and give up. If they wish to go start their own negative ASD forum more power to them. My suggestion is to have multiple moderators that will continuosly delete these posts. Bottom line is we make this forum,,,,,,, POSITIVE and nothing else. If you do not like...go away!!!!!

I think people should be allowed to post their opinions - positive or negative. It is the only way you are going to get an unbiased discussion going.
  5. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

Gregory: The bashers and negative posters on this site DO NOT need to be tolerated. Much like Craigslist does with unallowed posts just delete them. Once we (the ASD members) continue to delete delete delete their posts they will go away and give up. If they wish to go start their own negative ASD forum more power to them. My suggestion is to have multiple moderators that will continuosly delete these posts. Bottom line is we make this forum,,,,,,, POSITIVE and nothing else. If you do not like...go away!!!!!

How can you expect to have only positive posts? If you believe in the business you are in, you shouldn't be bit worried about these posts. In fact it should give you more opportunity to prove yourself. Forums are not made by the way you are suggesting.
  6. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

I wish I was not an forum owner [​IMG] Seriously, I wouldn't have imagined it would be so tough dealing with issues like this!

Now that I have let ASD forum to be as it is, I have to make an exception though. I'll be limiting posts from ASD forum being showing up on the main page. This will not effect the functionality of the forum in any way as such.

I know many may perceive this a step-motherly treatment but please try to understand my situation. I have to listen to all my members.
  7. alasycia

alasycia New Member

Sounds fair enough to me!

We can be found if anyone looks for ASD or AdSurfDaily

I agree with you about leaving discussion open BUT I dont believe any responsible forum owner should allow continuous abusive posts especially when the back office shows clearly that that poster has joined specifically for that reason and is posting on no other forum.

That applies to any business, not just to ASD. But I guess you are on top of that one anyway. It is unusual however that the attacks on ASD on the various internet marketing forums have been exceptionally virulent and all seem to come from similar sources!

The rest of the people who are genuinly looking for answers dont cause any problems.

Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown lol
    (Henry IV Part II. W Shakespeare)

Dont worry - you are appreciated by us all here.

Jenny
  8. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Caterina: AlllllllllRIGHTIE, then.......understood that I misunderstood.....

I went and looked at the home page (something I've never done thoroughly) and clearly see, now, what you're talking about....but I can't see that that's anyone's "fault" who posts in this forum.....hell, I didn't even KNOW these posts show up on the home page....I can see where that would be annoying to someone wanting to look at ALL the options out there.....is it possible to have our own subheading, I wonder?

I'm not saying devious things such as "flooding" don't happen......but it sure seems to me like most of the people who participate here are doing the same thing I am....learning, teaching, exchanging, understanding, fretting, complaining, whatever.....I haven't seen ANY useless posts......including Iggy's tequila-laced thoughts (because I see THEM as directly relating to how one approaches a program like ASD).....

Anyhow - didn't mean to offend you.....

Caterina: No offense taken. I agree with you that several ASD folks are genuinely interested in learning. However, it seems that at least a small handful of ASD folks did in fact come here as a group with the express purpose of hyping up ASD. I'm not the only one that recognized this and those who have consider it a foul tactic.

In any case, one of my main concerns is that the massive number of ASD posts (many of which seem to be artificial hype) was unnecessarily drowning out non ASD posts in the "Latest Discussions" area.

Vishal came up with an excellent resolution - keeping the ASD posts out of the Latest Discussions area. I am sure that the regulars - including myself - will find a lot of relief with this solution.

I'm glad that you understand what I meant. The situation is now significantly improved.

Vishal: Thanx a lot for removing the ASD posts from the Latest Discussions area. That is a big help.

Alasycia: I agree that abusive posts shouldn't be allowed. Try to understand that the aggressive and overwhelming nature of the ASD presence on this forum is also percieved as abusive.

Is there a chance that you and the other ASD folks might tone down the hype and focus more on informing those who ask questions? Believing in a program and getting excited about it is normal. But when the hype side of it receives too much focus, it can really disrupt an atmosphere that was previously well balanced.

Now that everyone knows how great you ASD folks feel the biz op is, perhaps you could focus more on significantly contributing to the general community by replacing some of the hype with answering questions.

Does that sound reasonable?

Thanx for your consideration,

~Newbie Shield~
  9. mrich87

mrich87 New Member

Thank you!
  10. logicalusa

logicalusa New Member

getagrip: I think people should be allowed to post their opinions - positive or negative. It is the only way you are going to get an unbiased discussion going.

That's what forums are for. However Forums shouldn't be for posting falsehoods and lies either. That is a disservice to everyone involved and brings nothing to the discussion.

There are people here with an anti-ASD agenda which is clear for all to see. They're the same people doing the exact same thing on other forums. A very small group of sad people with a lot of time on their hands.
  11. LauraLicata

LauraLicata New Member

Very nice post Newbie Shield! You are a class act and your Squidoo lens is one of the best and most informative I have seen.

I keep going back to learn more!

Take care,

Laura
  12. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

LauraLicata: Very nice post Newbie Shield! You are a class act and your Squidoo lens is one of the best and most informative I have seen.

I keep going back to learn more!

Take care,

Laura

Hi Laura,

Thank you for the compliments. I'm glad that you find my lens to be helpful.

~Newbie Shield~
  13. edenmarie

edenmarie New Member

Please Please dont! i found this forum while investigating ASD and found it to be very balanced. It was a really valuable tool for me as someone not affiliated with ASD.
  14. cory

cory New Member

There are some asd forum I've search from google but this one for me has the best set up because I can see all the topics in one page and click whatever topic i want to read. sO THANKS FOR NOT CLOSING IT. But frankly speaking, others who talks about steak and etc. , please topics like these, just mail it to their rspective PM.
  15. Vaussie

Vaussie New Member

So when I got home late last night and went straight to my ASD site, and saw the message... I IMMEDIATELY went to this forum... of which I always go directly to the ASD section. But when I couldn't get in here... I panicked a little!

This is the place that gives me patience, allows me to express concerns and/or allows me to encourage others!!

The people in this forum are as much a part of my ASD Family as those who are above and below me!!

I was very much relieved to find this site up and running today and to have the links to the conference calls that I had missed!!

Thanks Vishal for continuing to give us this medium to keep informed - particularly given the current situation with our much loved company!!
  16. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Vishal, I'm beginning to wonder if maybe this thread should have been shut down

With all the rumors and vitroil going on it isn't serving any positive purpose anymore.

The troublemakers are making everyone's lives miserable
    they are all obsessed with Andy for some strange reason.

Your decision , my friend!!