I need help.

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by th4tp3rs0n, Oct 18, 2007.

1. th4tp3rs0n

th4tp3rs0n New Member

I plan to start working from home an i found this site called angelpin.net an i was wondering if anyone has gotten involved with this company an if its a good company to get in with.
  2. happywife

happywife Gold Member

After taking a look at the site, it looks as though it would be something to try. It appears it only costs 17.99 to get started. I suppose there is always a chance you will lose your 17.99 but it is a small loss in the grand scheme of things.

It certainly makes sense that they will need people to assemble the pins and it would be cheaper to outsource it than to have to pay hourly rates, rent a building, etc.

If you do give it a try, please post back and let us know if it was on the up and up. I'm very curious now!
  3. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

I have read that a lot of the "assemble products at home" type programs are scams, so I would be very careful if I were you.
  4. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Sounds like the typical assembly scam.

Newbie Shield

CSGWAHM New Member

I don't think I would do it. It's only a small fee, but can you afford losing it?
  6. happywife

happywife Gold Member

After posting my earlier answer, I went back and took a closer look at the site you gave. I thought perhaps my sister might enjoy doing this for some extra spending money.

Upon closer inspection it isn't as straightforward as it seems. There are additional start-up costs that are supposedly refundable, but no guarantee. I think I'd be willing to take a chance on losing $20 bucks, but that is about it.

Unless you can find other people who actually work for this company, I would be very wary.

I don't think all assembly jobs are scams. There has to be a need for that type of thing somewhere. It would be pretty cost effective for someone with a small business, or so it seems. The trick is finding a reputable one without going broke.
  7. cmartel

cmartel New Member

I'd run as fast as your legs will let you.