I want to be a work at home dad

Discussion in 'Work at Home Dads' started by bcarrell2, Oct 15, 2007.

1. ongtina

ongtina New Member

To know what's working, always check out scam before you start. Don't believe after reading 1, majority win, okay.[​IMG] Next, check out forums, it's where you can find lots of leads.

2. timbonderud

timbonderud New Member

bcarrell2

My advice to you would be to make sure than when your researching online companies to work from home , that you see if they have a physical address, not that a person would but you want to know that you could walk right up to there front door if you wanted to see this company. Otherwise you have to watch out for suspicious stuff like that.

3. davidgarcia1286

davidgarcia1286 New Member

mikepressnell: Click the links in everone's signatures.
    Do your research.
    Check the BBB
    Check to see if the companies contact information is on their website.
    Check to see if the phone number is listed in a phone directory.
    Check to see if the sponsor gives you contact information.
    Interview the sponsor to see if you believe they will be a mentor sponsor and not just a recruiter sponser.
    Good luck.
    This the best recipe for all of you looking for work from home. Congrats to all the other Dad working from home lets add to the list.

I love being home for my kids and helping other Dads do the same. Best wishes to you all!

4. lasbenols

lasbenols New Member

I too am still trying to make a living at home but to no avail but Im not givin up no sir and I have tried affiliate marketing for two years but no luck yet but I am learning .

5. weebitty

weebitty Member

Find something that you think you would love to do that way you are more willing to stick it out during the bumps in the road or disappointment. Keep focused on what you want to gain and go for it. There are no get rich quick business out there they take time and effort. Check things out and ask questions if you are unsure of anything. We are all here to help. So use the knowledge that is here to help you and you should be fine. Good luck to you and your family. Hope things work out well for you

6. yasser

yasser New Member

bcarrell2: well im new to all this stuff and am wondering what is working for you guys?

selling on ebay. easy to start and no upfront costs especially if you use dropshipping.[​IMG]

7. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

What really works for me is affiliate programs. There are so many niches that you can focus on and sell other people's product's online.

Tal

8. PaulM

PaulM New Member

What ever business venture that you choose, the important thing is that you have someone to give you the right help to make it work.
    I have found that knowing how to develope your internet presence is probably one of the most important things with what ever niche you are in.

9. sanjinc

sanjinc New Member

I am working at home dad to, but still it's not going as I would like to.
    But I decided to start again. I found some good resources for learning, and after I learn, I'll make that on my own. One of good resourcess is also Chris Farell's website he has great lessons and friendly helps others.

10. bkamanski

bkamanski New Member

Just a work at home dad celebrating close to five years working from home! I love the lifestyle!

11. Martin Butler

Martin Butler New Member

You should look at working in a niche you actually enjoy. After all, what's the point of working from home if it is just mind numbing repetitive work. Choos your avenue and look on what you could bring to the table in your chosen niche.

Find successful people in that niche doing what you want to do and mimic them.

12. hagemayers

hagemayers New Member

You may try tviexpress. It is important that you read the FAQ, see testimonies on YouTube as well as their website. Most online jobs are not global. the trick is to look for one with registered offices worldwide (Most countries, that is), and this may include your own country. Although, your sponsor may be from a different country altogether.
    You must understand that there is no get rich quick online job out there, and I mean worldwide. That is the hard truth. But, with personal drive for the online job that fits you, you could have real financial freedom. Again, you must observe the ETHICAL MARKETING RULES of the program (organization) you joined as most do not condone SPAMMING [​IMG].

13. Azmos

Azmos New Member

I agree with you.

14. amicof

amicof Member

Agree that passion is key. I would suggest trying blogging and building a list of interested customers...

15. wiseme11

wiseme11 New Member

Either you are working on a job from home and get paid by your employer or you build your online business and be your own boss. It is always fun to be working from home...you can send your kids to school and pick them back from school. You can help them in their school work. Of course you need to be displice to make full use of your time in your business at home while they are away in school. I'm sure your kids will love to see you around all the time.

16. JTGMarketing

JTGMarketing Member

Every business is going to take time to build and grow, so the important thing is to never give up. If you're looking for a get rich quick scheme, you're setting yourself up for disappointment, because nothing like that exists.

17. kingam

kingam New Member

Selling on ebay I would have to agree is very good! I'm doing it also and enjoy it.... what company are you dropshipping with?

18. kingam

kingam New Member

Dont ever give up, I almost gave up awhile back too... finally found something that works for me and I'm sure you will find something too