I went from size 16 to 5 and have kept it off 10 years

Discussion in 'Health' started by try2vape, May 12, 2012.

1. try2vape

try2vape New Member

I educate my patients on weight and smoking.
    My success with weight that I tell my patients is to avoid the 5 whites:

white rice
    white potatoes
    white salt
    white flour
    white sugar

If you start with this and walk at least 5 times a week for 30 minutes, you will drop weight.

I have before and after photos if anyone wants to see them

2. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

If you don't want to do any exercising then what I would suggest you do is to drink juice and water only for like 3-4 days. This is the best way to lose 5-10 pounds fast.

3. newbiz02

newbiz02 New Member

try2vape: My success with weight that I tell my patients is to avoid the 5 whites:

white rice
    white potatoes
    white salt
    white flour
    white sugar
    Yeeeeaaa... i couldn't do this because i have the opposite problem I actually need to eat more to add mass in the weight room. So im actually trying to gain weight as i have a high metabolism.

4. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

try2vape: white rice
    white potatoes
    white salt
    white flour
    white sugar

If you start with this and walk at least 5 times a week for 30 minutes, you will drop weight.
    So true - I am doing that, plus eating small healthy fuel snacks every 2-3 hours and it is working. [​IMG]

Well, I need to work on the walking part a bit as I don't do it as much as I should , but I AM dropping weight.

5. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

6. northernstar

northernstar New Member

Congratulations!

I made changes in my diet about half a year ago and have lost quite a lot of weight without doing much exercise. Of course, I will change that, too, because I want to become fit, but in my opinion dietary changes are the most important thing in weight control.

I would add to your list of foods to avoid the following:
    - vegetable oils (except for extra virgin olive oil), as they cause inflammation in the body
    - artificial sweeteners
    - foods with artificial additives

And I would recommend to reduce grain and legume consumption, as they contain a couple of harmful 'ingredients', as well.

Eating healthy food is not about being on a diet buy pursuing a different lifestyle and enjoying real food. The benefits are immense!

And don't forget to go under the sun, especially now, that summer is here. Vitamin D is important for both your metabolism and your overall health.