Iggy's Response to the ASD Scam or Ponzi Scheme Accusations

Discussion in 'ASD - Ad Surf Daily' started by iggyigette, Jul 9, 2008.

1. dbass2

dbass2 New Member

pastorbob: I'm a pastor and work in Quincy Fl

Thanks for sharing Pastor Bob. Just wondering whats the name of the church you are associated with?
  2. iggyigette

iggyigette New Member

The Church of 'All Saints Denomination' (ASD)
  3. pastorbob

pastorbob New Member

ChristTown Community Church, we are a non-denominational church & we sponsor drug/alcohol re-hab homes. We are a bible based ministry. all for Jesus, bob
  4. alasycia

alasycia New Member

Thanks for publishing your testimonial. It was very thoughtful of you.
  5. panman

panman New Member

Pastor Bob! Greetings to you from Norway! I do appreciate your own very personal testimonial and report from meeting with mr. Bowdoin. I am a christian myself and have prayed to God several times that HIS intentions with ASD will prevail. And I do trust 100% in the Lord.

However, I do not have the same trust in my government, nor in the government and the authorities in the US. But no matter what THEIR motivation has been in this case, (and regardless of if they like it or not)
    if God has a plan with ASD, - HIS plan will prevail!
  6. iggyigette

iggyigette New Member

pastorbob: ChristTown Community Church, we are a non-denominational church & we sponsor drug/alcohol re-hab homes. We are a bible based ministry. all for Jesus, bob

I have found Pastor Bob:

http://www.christtown.org/contact.htm
  7. freebird658

freebird658 New Member

Investigator: Not a single one of you have produced any documentation other than Andy's word including but not limited to his so called Pastor who has implied that if you are not a Christian and a believer then you do not exist. This program or what ever you want to call it has nothing to do with God or Jesus Christ. Religion has no place in this discussion.

Why does anyone think we should HAVE to produce any documentation to prove ANYTHING! WE all made a decision to join ASD based on our own research and beliefs and that is our personal business. We shouldn't have to defend our own beliefs to you or anyone else. If you don't trust or believe in ASD then get out of it, nobody forced you do get in it in the first place. No business doesn't really have much to do with God or Jesus, but personally even though I'm not particularly a religious person, I would rather put my trust in a Christian man who has compassion and truly cares about people than someone who is not and is only in business to make a fast buck and doesn't care about the people he gets that money from.
  8. pastorbob

pastorbob New Member

Yes you have ! I must apologize for our web-sites out dated state, my wife & I wear many hats... we dont have a reglular web guy/gal so many items need updating, especiallly testimonies... they are about 5 yrs. old, we just celebrated our 6th yr. this past friday. have a great day, bob
  9. ilaavu

ilaavu New Member

This issue is not about whether ASD is a scam or not. It has lot to do with - Due Diligence. For someone who is an attorney and well versed within his field of expertise should not be surprised to be entangled with the attorney general's office.

That says it all.
  10. pastorbob

pastorbob New Member

Just to make things clear I never said I am Andy's pastor,I just joined forum yesterday so I may have missed a post by Andy's pastor... I only reported as a local resident what I have seen with my own eyes..thereby giving my opinion. One thing for sure if this is a scam they have done one heck of a job !!! [​IMG]
    Investigator>
    facts: 1) I am not Andy Bowdoin's pastor
    2) If you are referencing my post you have let your imagination read way too much between the lines.
    if you are not refering to my post so be it.
    3) I am a local pastor, thats my job title, titles really dont mean much to me, mainly because our actions speak much louder
    than our mouths, we will be known by our fruit...

I do agree with freebird, if your in your in, if not why worry, if we can offer insight and knowledge as to what we have experienced and seen, its a good thing. If we only desire to cause confusion we will live in confusion.
  11. tinamariec

tinamariec New Member

Thanks for your post Pastor Bob!
  12. deem

deem New Member

I would like to remind people that ASD is an internet advertising company. You are buying ad packages to ADVERTISE a website. If the company offers a rebate for surfing, count yourself blessed. If the company wants to be successful then they are going to be careful to not spend out more than they take in. If you read the terms and conditions, rebate % are not guaranteed and can change at any time. So, all of this ranting about "where does the money come from?" is simple. The rebates are an expense of ASD in order to grow ASD into a profitable business to be able to attract anyone who wants to advertise. Will they always pay this type of rebate? Probably not. Common sense will tell you that at some point the rebates will get smaller as the company gets bigger and people have lots of advertising packages. It will have to in order for the company to stay stable. Furthermore, if ASD wants to maintain the rebate %, then they must find another means of revenue and that is where the external income becomes a factor. What startup company doesn't give away in order to grow? It isn't really hard to follow once you understand that this is an internet advertising company trying to grow.

So, if you have purchased advertising for the hopes of an investment, then that is exactly part of the reason that ASD is being questioned by the Attorney General.
  13. deem

deem New Member

A look at the Tulsa Today article that is full of speculation and hearsay. I have put bits of the article in quotations, and have made replies to the article in CAPS:

"Google news briefly removed from its service our last story on ASD Cash Generators (ASD), likely under threat of legal action from the company. Google should not have done so without contacting Tulsa Today, but we are glad to see it back." SPECULATION

"We never publish all we know about anything and as of Friday the U.S. Attorney's Office in the District of Columbia has apparently frozen ASD's accounts. The company's main web site was changed to a single static page with the following text, "Upon direction from the U.S. Attorney's office in the District of Columbia, ASD will not be able to move funds into company accounts, or out of them. We will work to resolve this problem, and return to normal operation, as soon as we are permitted to do so." FROZEN? WHERE DOES IT SAY FROZEN. IT SOUNDS MORE LIKE A PAUSE.

"there seems to be no actual advertising in the so-called advertising packages sold by ASD;" ACCORDING TO WHO?

"Arons spent time and money investigating and protesting ASD and has been vilified by company supporters or "cheerleaders" with threats of lawsuits. In response, Arons posted his contact information publicly asking ASD to bring it on." PROOF?

"Tulsa Today also received threats by e-mail and on our office voice mail. The latest voicemail harassment message was recorded after ASD funds were frozen; it claims a $13 million lawsuit against Tulsa Today and this writer. An earlier e-mail threatened $30 million." FROM INDIVIDUALS OR ASD?

"Our first source, Robert, worked the numbers on ASD and is quoted liberally in our first story (click here for "ASD considered fraud"). Counter to company claims, many people believe that member money was being used to fund member revenue which on its face is illegal and defined as a Ponzi scheme or a fraudulent investment operation that involves promising or paying abnormally high returns to investors out of the money paid in by subsequent investors, rather than from net revenues generated by any real business. It was named after Charles Ponzi. " SPECULATION

"Several threads are available online with significant dialogue and personal testimonies of experience with ASD. One of the most detailed is Scam.com More Internet discussions may also be found by simply utilizing various search engines." SCAM.COM WOULDN'T LET ME POST, ONLY THE SAME ONES OVER AND OVER SEEM TO BE POSTING; SO THAT IS NOT A TRUE DISCUSSION WHEN ONLY CERTAIN PEOPLE ARE ALLOWED TO POST

The article goes on to question the sustainability of the rebates. It also quetions the true nature of what people are buying - are they really buying advertising? As well as, the companies that Andy Bowdoin and William Levine have started.

What new company doesn't expect to give away in order to grow? They all do.

Whether people are buying advertising or trying to make an investment -- isn't advertising an some sort of investment to help you grow your business. You are purely speculating on advertisers' motives.

First Amendment? Why isn't my post allowed on scam.com if this is all about free speech.

The companies that were dissolved. Most successful business owners will tell you that they have repeatedly started companies to learn and pursue success.

Glenn states it well on one of the forums: As an example, your listing companies that have been incorporated and have been dissolved for lack of state fees fails to state that a high percentage of entrepreneurs do that to "lock in" a corporate name they like in case they want to use it.. and then if they don't it is FAR faster and less expensive to let it be involuntarily dissolved by the state for want of the annual fee than to have an attorney and CPA file dissolution papers etc, and THAT goes on nationwide in every state. Hmmm forgot to mention that eh?

You seem to want free speech and to expose ASD, yet you are doing it purely on speculation, hearsay, without facts to back it up, and without full understanding.

If you want to offer great journalism, do it with some real information.
  14. deem

deem New Member

If you don't like the ASD business then you have the right to walk away and not get involved. And, if you want full disclosure, go look at a publicly traded company. This company is privately incorporated, it is not obligated to full disclosure. People take a chance on buying advertising; if they don't get their money's worth, then they can spend their advertising elsewhere. I don't ask my local newspaper to open their books to me if I am interestd in placing an ad in their paper. I make a decision based on exposure as to whether I want to place the ad or not. Let's get real.
  15. allen

allen New Member

Regarding ASD I am confused and on the sidelines. My son put in
    $1,000 and by going to the rallies and getting other people in he
    he has doubled up on his positions and is currently at about
    $200,000.
    My wife on $12,000 invested has about $86,000.
    My other son and daughter are also in it but I just don`t understand the math at all. I told my family and their friends to at
    least get their original investments out early and go from there.
    I guess I`m too conservative.
  16. ASDsupporter

ASDsupporter New Member

I am an ASD supporter. I Love ASD. I did see the news clip on what happened yesterday. I also heard Andy on the phone last night (you can go to the ASD webroom and hear it taped) but.. I also read the FBI official report (all 101 pages). It is scary to read. they are calling ASD a ponzi scheme in writing. My husband and I put money into thisas did friends. We are praying for ANdy and that ASD is all good. That this is all over soon and business can resume. Here is a link to the news clip and the feds motion.
    http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/26280459.html

http://www.tulsatoday.com/ASDcomplaint.pdf (101 pages of the investigation) I guess there was a fed who joined ASD as a member so that he/she could investigate from the "inside"
  17. nkelly

nkelly New Member

deem: I would like to remind people that ASD is an internet advertising company. You are buying ad packages to ADVERTISE a website. If the company offers a rebate for surfing, count yourself blessed. If the company wants to be successful then they are going to be careful to not spend out more than they take in. If you read the terms and conditions, rebate % are not guaranteed and can change at any time. So, all of this ranting about "where does the money come from?" is simple. The rebates are an expense of ASD in order to grow ASD into a profitable business to be able to attract anyone who wants to advertise. Will they always pay this type of rebate? Probably not. Common sense will tell you that at some point the rebates will get smaller as the company gets bigger and people have lots of advertising packages. It will have to in order for the company to stay stable. Furthermore, if ASD wants to maintain the rebate %, then they must find another means of revenue and that is where the external income becomes a factor. What startup company doesn't give away in order to grow? It isn't really hard to follow once you understand that this is an internet advertising company trying to grow.

So, if you have purchased advertising for the hopes of an investment, then that is exactly part of the reason that ASD is being questioned by the Attorney General.

So...where do I start here? Or do I bother? Do you really think that 5,000 people at a rally in Miami would have invested sums as large as $50,000 just to advertise their websites for 15 seconds to a bunch of people who can hardly afford to buy breakfast? LOFL