Iggy's Response to WHERE'S THE MONEY COMING FROM Question

Discussion in 'ASD - Ad Surf Daily' started by iggyigette, Jul 17, 2008.

1. opendomain

opendomain New Member

Investigator: By the way Andy said stir everyone up so that more would join. So, I guess I have accomplished just that.
    Who's andy?
  2. logicalusa

logicalusa New Member

Investigator: I think I'll stay since I do have 50,000.00 in ad packages and this is a free country. By the way Andy said stir everyone up so that more would join. So, I guess I have accomplished jus

I doubt you have any money in ASD. That's obvious judging by your previous posts accusing ASD of being a scam, etc. In fact didn't you say you had notified the "Florida Department of Revenue" about some problem with taxes? I have a feeling ASD may be aware of your posts so no worries. [​IMG]

By the way, you forgot your little disclaimer.
  3. iggyigette

iggyigette New Member

I got my First ASD check in the Mail today. Should be more to come the next few days.
  4. logicalusa

logicalusa New Member

iggyigette: Anyone is welcome to copy and paste my post...there will be no lawyers running after you or Don Peterson chasing this post...

Actually people have. In the ASA forums it is being used by the bashers as a reason why the model is flawed. lol

The fact is we don't know exactly how the model works. Upon reading your post again I don't think that's how the model works IMO.
  5. alasycia

alasycia New Member

Who's andy?

LOL

And who are you?

Hey guys - I was on the site during its up time today and have already noticed some improvements and glitches iron out!! Now all the first nad second level referals show - as there was a problem showing old second levels after the update in April.

AND called the office over a couple of long standing problems of payments for a couple of members of my group and they have been very satisfactorily solved today ANd I received a prompt reply to an email.

Things are getting back on track
    I read a post by an office products supplier to ASD yesterday He said that they were working their butts off with 5 or 6 procesors going full time and processing 10,000 to 15,000 transactions a day in accounts!. He said he was amazed that they were achieving this output and was impressed. I believe he joined the company!

The only thing I can say to people who are accusing the company and members alike of lying, lawbreaking, bad business judgement etc etc is that maybe they are judging things by their own standards, not ASD's.

Iggy your math is terrible - I got lost half way through! But I understood the principle. If thgere is a run on "the bank" any company will fail. Just as if people stop advertising FULL STOP. Then all the advertising agencies will be bancrupt and noone will get paid either. And if they stop buying Ford cars - I guess Ford will be closing thier dors and going into liquidation.

The only difference here is that there is a certain minority on the internet who are trying to cause a run on the ASD bank. They are a very small but vociferous minority in a very small world within the World Wide Web. Their agendas are hidden, as are most the posters. And there are too many happy members of ASD who have done their homework and who will not be paying any attention to them at all.
  6. iggyigette

iggyigette New Member

The Model is to show Financial Sustainability as ASD recruits membership...which in turn will bring in the Large Advertisers.

The Rebate Program as Described in the Legality Statement is a "Loss Leader" Program...which means ASD is taking an initial "Loss" (In terms of Total Liability) with the immediate short term goal of bringing traffic to its site (Membership)...and the Long Term Goal of bringing in the Large Corporations which the big bucks.

The Long Term Strategy is that The Large Corporations with the Big Bucks will take care of the "Back End Liability" of Funding the Rebate Program.

This is no different than a "Grand Opening" of a Retail Store where they incentivize you with BUY ONE GET ONE FREE stuff...the Store doesn't make a profit, but brings in traffic...

I don't have time to debate the bashers in different forums, but be glad to entertain them here if they wish...
  7. logicalusa

logicalusa New Member

I appreciate your efforts iggyigette, but the fact is none of us know for a fact exactly how the model works so anything we post is just conjecture and opinion based on minimal knowledge like the "Legality Statement".

Your post is already being used by others as if it was gospel or fact to bash ASD.
  8. iggyigette

iggyigette New Member

alasycia: Iggy your math is terrible - I got lost half way through! But I understood the principle. If thgere is a run on "the bank" any company will fail. Just as if people stop advertising FULL STOP. Then all the advertising agencies will be bancrupt and noone will get paid either. And if they stop buying Ford cars - I guess Ford will be closing thier dors and going into liquidation.

Jenny, that was my point. My point is that the Bashers make the false assumption that everyone will Cash Out 100% of every day's rebate and thus "prove" ASD is not sustainable. THis is a FALSE assumption from my perspective.
  9. iggyigette

iggyigette New Member

logicalusa: I appreciate your efforts iggyigette, but the fact is none of us know for a fact exactly how the model works so anything we post is just conjecture and opinion based on minimal knowledge like the "Legality Statement".

Yes. Only Andy knows the Game Plan...but essentially the game plan is already in place before us:

1. Grow Membership using the Rebate Program.
    2. Leverage Membership Power by bringing in Large Corporations:

Such as: GreenBackStreet.com

GreenBackStreet's Profit goes back to ASD to Fund the Pool.

Look for Next Large Corporation to Partner with.

Looks like a Good Model to me...
  10. Vaussie

Vaussie New Member

Congratulations Iggy!!

For the record, I only invited the ANTI-ASDers to move on as I prefer the positive feedback to the negative.

If you have something negative that you can back up by all means have at it. But just spewing crap all over the place is nauseating.

DISCLAIMER:
    Only my opinion!

[​IMG] But I know how to ignore the negative as well! LOL A little bantering can be fun once in a while!
  11. opendomain

opendomain New Member

What I don't get is why all over this forum there is a HUGE push to defend ASD. IMHO at some point you just have to say, "ok go your way, I'll go mine" and let ASD speak for itself.

I'm not trying to be an "ASDbasher" but just as a friendly heads up generally speaking the more you try to defend some hing the more it looks to be a desperation move. I find it odd that I ask a simple "who's Andy" and I get laughed at.

Based on what I see, and it wont be the first time I've seen it, a group of friends who just so happen to be involved in the same program and in some cases are all either upline or downline all join a forum within a given period of time THEN commence with the anti-program bashing and program promoting. In my short stint here I've seen it more than once, MPM for example. Don't get me wrong I don't see anything wrong with promoting your own business/opportunity etc, etc but my god at least try to be a bit more tactful.

I mean really the last 9 post on this thread (as I'm typing) are all from the same group of people who are flooding other ASD threads with basically the same information. ASD good, bash ASD bad. Again I understand wanting to keep ASD "fresh" on the boards but really it's just starting to get a bit out of hand.

Sadly I still haven't received an answer to either of my questions nor have I decided on whether or not ASD is even legit, as I am always in the market for new income streams. I will say that from what I've seen(especially if Andy is the owner and he is suggesting you "stir" people up so that others join) IMHO ASD is coming off a bit sketchy.

It's all very republican like. Is andy code for Carl Rove?
  12. MrDoh

MrDoh New Member

I'm pretty sure it was assumed you were being facetious with the "who's Andy" comment.

I'm sure the person that replied wasn't expecting someone to jump in on a thread like this without even knowing the founders name. It is posted all over who Andy Bowdoin is.

If I'm mistaken, I apologize now.
  13. logicalusa

logicalusa New Member

opendomain: I will say that from what I've seen(especially if Andy is the owner and he is suggesting you "stir" people up so that others join) IMHO ASD is coming off a bit sketchy.

I read your post but you seem really confused as to what's going on. As far as "ok, you go your way, I'll go mine" it has to work both ways. Why let the bashers get away with posting misleading and untrue stuff?

See what I'm saying? This part of the forum is for ASD, so suggesting the people use the approach you suggested earlier is kind of silly.

Finally, the part where you bring up what someone said about "stirring things up" came from a well known basher (from a couple of sites)and not from Andy who is the President of ASD. Do you really think ANY company president would invite reps to "stir people up" in that context?
    [​IMG]
  14. opendomain

opendomain New Member

Thank you that's all I was looking for was an intelligible answer to a very simple question. I prefaced my original post with an apology for not being up to speed on who/what/where/when.

As for company presidents using those tactics, well lets just say I've been around long enough to have seen that more than once also, so yes I really do think it is possible and given that I am not up to speed on things, you'll forgive me if again I'm skeptical of things first the trusting once something has proven itself as worthwhile to me.

You can always tell someone to go take a hike or simply ignore them. But do as you will again it was just, "a friendly suggestion."

Well based on what I've seen I think I'll take my own advice
    [​IMG]
  15. Caterina

Caterina New Member

opendomain: Sadly I still haven't received an answer to either of my questions nor have I decided on whether or not ASD is even legit, as I am always in the market for new income streams. I will say that from what I've seen(especially if Andy is the owner and he is suggesting you "stir" people up so that others join) IMHO ASD is coming off a bit sketchy.

The first two things I did when I heard about ASD were check with the Better Business Bureau to see if there were any problems, and I googled it as well to see what came up. As Mr. Doh mentioned, I bet it was assumed that if you were here on the forum, you'd probably already done some background checks and WERE being funny in asking who Andy was.....his name most definitely pops up when you google ASD.

I agree that the "Who's Andy" LOL that you got wasn't meant to offend or be facetious. The gal who posted it isn't one to belittle and is in fact, extremely patient and helpful.....she's answered quite a few of MY questions.....

Also wanted to note that I can see that sometimes it appears as though there's a "huge push to defend ASD", but I have to say that it doesn't feel like I'm defending so much as I am sharing my own experience/truth about this company from first-hand knowledge.....if that comes across as a defensive posture, I wouldn't have a clue as to how to correct it......????

If someone tells you my hair is black, and I say, NO it isn't....it's red.....is that being defensive, or am I just setting the record straight with the truth??? (She asked piteously, in defense of being told she was defensive......LOL!)

Hey - good luck to you.....this is a great forum.....I hope you'll stick around....
  16. logicalusa

logicalusa New Member

opendomain: you'll forgive me if again I'm skeptical of things first the trusting once something has proven itself as worthwhile to me.

You should be skeptical. With everything. I'm as skeptical as they come, believe me, but scaring other people and b*tching like others are doing is simply not my style.

There have been problems managing the super fast growth and the company has acknowledged them publicly and has taken what it appears to me to be the right steps to correct them.

It's a little frustrating, but I have to laugh when people react to the negative and misleading stuff that's posted online when it's exactly what the bashers are after.

You don't think some of these guys are members of rival programs who are biting the dust due to the interest in ASD? On another forum one guy was outed as being the leader of one. Funny stuff.
  17. iggyigette

iggyigette New Member

I believe in the concept of :

TRUST...BUT VERIFY...
  18. roberto

roberto New Member

Thanks asdabq! You've got it summed up there very well.
  19. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Today while I was surfing ASD I saw ads for major companies like
    EconoLodge, and for businesses like Attorney's, Photo Studios, carpet cleaners, and the like, now local businesses and Mom&Pop stores see the benefits of advertising on ASD plus get rebates on their advertising, generate traffic and earn rebates ? It doesn't get any better than that.
  20. jgiesbrecht

jgiesbrecht New Member

You may have seen ads for major companies but it does not necessarily mean that the company is on board advertising with ASD. It could be a member of ASD who does not have their own website that puts these in.