I'm Done With Craig's List

Discussion in 'Profit Lance' started by duckbird, Dec 20, 2007.

1. duckbird

duckbird New Member

It seems unless I'm selling lawn chairs or trying to get a date, I can't post on Craig's List.

I've tried to post several different products today and they were all rejected. And yes, I did change the heading and subject matter.

None of the products had anything to do with showing you how to make money.

2. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Try posting in the services section, it may reach your audience

3. opendomain

opendomain New Member

It might be that you rIP address has been blocked? Try posting a computer in the computer section and see if it gets blocked.

If it does then your IP or the email address you're using is probably blocked and flagged.

Try using another email address

4. duckbird

duckbird New Member

Quoting: pcworkTry posting in the services section, it may reach your audience

Same results

Here is the reason I got .

This posting is being blocked: Blocking Code 6095395

Common reasons include:

Essentially the same item has been posted to multiple cities or categories, or more than once in 48 hours
    Post contains a link or URL to a commercial website or auction
    Personal ad appears to contain a phone #, email address, or URL
    Many other possible reasons for blocking are listed in the Conduct section of our Terms of Use.

5. moneyforgreene

moneyforgreene New Member

That's interesting. I was just on the MPM forum and found people having problems posting on CL. I never had any problems, until that very same night! Very bizarre. I post stuff all the time to get rid of baby gear I don't need, etc. I'v posted for internet stuff but only do one add per week. This time for some reason, even though it said the ad was posted, it wasn't. I didn't even get a confirmation letter, and I didn't get a rejection code. So I'm stumped! Their rules are so strict and difficult to understand. It's frustrating!

6. pcwork

pcwork New Member

If some one on your ISP has been spamming, you will also be blocked.

7. duckbird

duckbird New Member

Quoting: pcworkf some one on your ISP has been spamming, you will also be blocked.

Craig's List wasn't working for me anyway.

8. cybermommy

cybermommy New Member

I also had no problems with it,but fellow members of my companies were [​IMG]
    Someone said they delete if you use an affliate link?
    Have you been posting with your own domain Duckbird?
    The rules on Craigslist baffle me,need a PHd just to get through them!lol

9. duckbird

duckbird New Member

Quoting: cybermommyHave you been posting with your own domain Duckbird?

No, I've been posting Affiliate Products such as Weight Loss and Acne Removal. My affiliate link is cloaked so that actually the link would display something like "Click Here" or "Lose Weight Now"

I just tried to post about 15 mins ago and was rejected.

10. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Affiliate links are often rejected. Try driving traffic to your site instead.

[​IMG]

Newbie Shield

11. makemoneyonline

makemoneyonline New Member

i agree with the above post... DOn't try to use affiliate links!!!!

12. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I use Craigslist on a daily basis. You HAVE to set up a blog or something as a link to drive traffic to, NOT an affiliate link.

13. ucoxganteng

ucoxganteng New Member

i many times tired submit to Craigslist but always rejected [​IMG](

14. DocHolloway

DocHolloway New Member

I just hate this... I get the same message: "This posting is being blocked:
    Common reasons include:
    * Essentially the same item has been posted to multiple cities or categories, or more than once in 48 hours..."

I've tried to use 3 different email addresses and still get blocked. I've used Firefox and Internet Explorer both and still get blocked!
    I'm freakin' sick of Craigslist blocking me when I KNOW I don't have any other postings out there!
    Is there seriously anyone who can help me???

15. cliffs2008

cliffs2008 New Member

moneyforgreene: That's interesting. I was just on the MPM forum and found people having problems posting on CL. I never had any problems, until that very same night! Very bizarre. I post stuff all the time to get rid of baby gear I don't need, etc. I'v posted for internet stuff but only do one add per week. This time for some reason, even though it said the ad was posted, it wasn't. I didn't even get a confirmation letter, and I didn't get a rejection code. So I'm stumped! Their rules are so strict and difficult to understand. It's frustrating!

Hey moneyforgreen did you ever find the problem I'm having same thing happening to me email me if you found the problem [email protected]

16. villasana

villasana Member

Hi,

You can hide your link doing this,

Here's how I did it

Change the URL for the one that your promoting and you can change what you need to say too.

Regards
    Luis

17. knarf165

knarf165 New Member

i agree with villasana thats is one way to hide your link.
    html are easy to do on craigslist

18. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

If Craiglist is not working for you, you will need to find other places online to advertise. Maybe you should find other catagories to advertise in.

19. annadenise

annadenise Active Member

Out of curiosity for those of you who do post on Craigs List for business' do you get any decent leads? We post things for sale, like furniture, on Craigs list and as busy as Craigs List is, I wonder how business' are noticed there with people that are really interested??

20. lascott7

lascott7 New Member

You're not the only one. I have posted in so many ads like really renewed like 6 of them and got all of them deleted just because of that! There are other sites you can do. Have you tried Backpage or freeclassifieds.com? The 2nd one works great! If you'd like I can send you some other high traffic sites to you. Just PM me. Ok?
    You're not the only one. I have posted in so many ads like really renewed like 6 of them and got all of them deleted just because of that! There are other sites you can do. Have you tried Backpage or freeclassifieds.com? The 2nd one works great! If you'd like I can send you some other high traffic sites to you. Just PM me. Ok?