I'm looking for a new way to make a living

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by frankykeys, Nov 8, 2006.

1. frankykeys

frankykeys New Member

I've been killing my self working hard at construction most of my life...

I have made more money when I was 25 years old as a roofer in philly than I'm making now at 45yrs old..

I'm only bringing home (clear) $300.00 a week....That's stinks...with all the cost of living going up.... I use to make at least $100.00 a day clear when I was a younger man....

I feel that I have to make a change...my body is not as young as it was and I have a harder time caring 100lbs on my back climbing up a ladder....

Anyone have a honest money making plan out there...I am interested in looking at it....Thanks

2. arunkumarsuri

arunkumarsuri New Member

If you like to work at home on your computer there are many opportunities. But it takes some time for you to learn. It does not involve very hard physical labor but needs your effort and time. If you have question about any specific aspect of working online feel free to post again. We are here to help each other.

3. Jamel

Jamel New Member

Frank,

The first thing that I would like to say to you, is you can be, do
    and have more in your life. There are some real opportunities out there.
    I am not here to sell you on my opportunity. I will say, that you must
    ask yourself some questions. Do not look at the one that seems like it
    can pay you the most. Ask yourself, what do you honestly have a passion
    for? The money, will follow, trust me. If you ever want to make any
    serious money, you must first change the way you look at money, and
    success. Trust me, once I learned this ans started to apply these things, I
    have began to have the success, that I've always wanted to.

If all you are making is $300.00 a week right now, that is ok. Be
    happy that you have that coming in. I am not trying to Dr. Phil you or
    anything like that, I just want to help, however I can. If you would
    like to create a larger income for yourself, you can. it is not as hard
    as it seems to be. I used to think it was, then I changed my views and
    things have turned aound for me. No matter what company you decide to go
    with, you have my e-mail. Give me a holler anytime. I would be happy to
    help you out the best way that I can. When you are looking to start
    marketing a company, do not get sucked in to all of these internet
    marketing gurus and their systems. Some of the things that are out there on the internet are good. Just do your homework. Always remember systems, do not build relationships.

Best Wishes,
    Jamel W.

4. pcwork

pcwork New Member

You can start freelance writing in your free time

5. ceobenefits

ceobenefits New Member

Hello,

My name is Ann Crary and I started working from home in my own business about 5 years ago.

Finding work at home or a new business it not easy these days! I have been scammed 3 times before I found the right business for me and I learned that you need to look into a the company's profile before getting started and you need to ask your-self does this really make sense.

Are they listed with the BBB, US Chamber of Commerce or the DSA (Direct Selling Association).

Is it a company you can be proud to represent?

I hope I was able to help and good luck on your search!

To Your Success,
    Ann Crary
    [Link removed - Admin]

6. CSGWAHM

CSGWAHM New Member

You can find something to work at home, it just takes some time and research. Sounds like you've done physical labor long enough. I suggest checking out all the different signatures here and see if anything fits.

Good luck to you!

7. mahive

mahive New Member

I also have been searching up and down at work at home oppurtunities. Thats how I ended up at this forum. I have just found one site so far thats free and no MLM or selling. I wish I could tell more about it here. But I promote that site only. Infact I have a blog for that but can I post its name here. How can I tell you about it, will the staff tell me. I have been paid twice from the site.

8. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

Quoting: mahiveI wish I could tell more about it here. But I promote that site only. Infact I have a blog for that but can I post its name here. How can I tell you about it, will the staff tell me. I have been paid twice from the site.

You can mention the name but not the link. You can always display the link through your signature.

9. dazza11

dazza11 New Member

You really have to work out what you will enjoy doing. I see to many people join any biz op just out of desperation. The way I see it any business will work (except for scams and get rich quick opportunities), but it will take time to grow and build your business so you really have to find something you love doing, because you will spend a lot of time to grow and build a business successfully.

Hpoe this helps
    [Link removed - Admin]

10. sgmoney

sgmoney New Member

I would suggest looking for someone to mentor you, especially if you're new to the online marketing world. There are many pitfalls and scams floating around and someone with some experience looking for someone dedicated to join their organization would definately help.

They would provide you with their experiences and insights and you could potentially provide the dedication required to be successful online. One hour a day yields quite a lot over time. Trust me I know [​IMG]

11. fmj

fmj New Member

The physical stress alone will cause severe wear and tear on your body. After working retail for a year, I realized that you could injure yourself lifting things or just being on your feet all day--and I am still young. That wasn't for me.

Most people on this forum work with some kind of network/affiliate/home business opportunity. I am just doing sales (commission only) from home. Never wanted to get into sales, but you can do it if you are persistent and can take NO all the time. Most jobs are sales driven anyway: promoting a product or service.

If you are looking for a change, rework your resume so that you can get some kind of administrative, or project management in the office, job so that you won't have to deal with the physical labor that construction requires.

If you are looking for home-based businesses, I guess you are at the right place [​IMG]

Good luck!

12. angler491

angler491 New Member

I, like frankykeys am looking for a new way to make a living. I've been researching a lot of different "options" online for the past two weeks now. But, my needs aren't primary.

My wife's needs are. We recently acquired custody of our 6 yrs. old nephew and my wife had to quit her job so she could be available to him. I had planned on retirement and dabbling in online work within the next 5 yrs. but with our recent $2,000.00 cut in pay and 12+ yrs. commitment to our nephew (which, by the way is not a problem) I'm resigned to working another 12 yrs. in the public sector to maintain health, dental and other care for him.

We've raised our own children and are blessed with grandchildren his age or older. He's added a huge spark of life in our lives and we're enjoying every minute of it.

However, the wife is in need of an online opportunity that she can work during the period of time that he's in school (he's in the first grade). She has food handlers experience, sales experience, served as a customer services representative for an energy agency and most recently was selling time share vacation packages (and doing quite well) for a Pacific Northwest based time share group.

Now she's looking. She has very, very limited computer experience but I have a bunch! I've created websites, run my own BBS (for those who remember), used dial up when dialup was forever and a day to connect, cut my teeth in basica, basic, DOS, etc.

I know there's money to be made out there on the net but the wife and I aren't looking for huge amounts... just enough to make up for that $2k monthly crunch. If she makes more, fantastic! If not, so be it.

So far, what I've been getting from my searches is "junk" at best... get rich quick schemes, stuffing envelopes (that I've known for years is a scam), etc. I've seen the survey sites but there's no real fixed income there and a lot of the surveys she wouldn't qualify for. I've subscribed her to several and so far she's had nothing more than "sweepstakes entries".

Ideally, I'd love to see her with a little internet "store front". But, if there's anything out there that's LEGIT and doesn't cost an arm and a leg to get into email me... [email protected]... my email's in my profile as well.

Like I said, we're not looking to make a fortune today, tomorrow... that would be nice but we're realistic and will build upon what we have.

Thanks for putting up with me.

Good luck everyone and GO SEAHAWKS!!!

13. susaneng

susaneng New Member

Hi,
    There are tons of home based business out there and many are very good. I hired a "cash machine" coach to help me get started making some money. I am a flight attendant and since 9/11 we have had to take a couple of pay cuts. Everyone here has given great suggestions on how to find the right business for you. I tend to be impulsive, but my coach made me wait about 2 weeks after researching for weeks to make my decision. It was the best move I could make because I probably would have joined the first organization a person approached me with that was a start up company. I ended up with a different company that has been around for 12 years and fits my wants and needs better. When you find something you can be excited about, do your research about the company. There are a lot of start up companies, but many times they go out of business or get shut down after awhile, so I would suggest going with a company that has been around for awhile so you know all the kinks have been worked out.
    You can check out the signature websites of the different people on the board to see if you are interested in any of these companies and check out what people are saying about the companies on the boards.
    Good luck and I wish you the best of success. Let us know what you decide.

14. champion

champion New Member

Hi,
    Looking for a home based business opportunity is like looking for a needle in a hay stack. However, when you find that special "needle" you will be able to generate a substancial income from home.
    In other words, the rewards are worth the time investment to find the home based business opprotunity.
    Good luck--and never give up!

15. jaybee4170

jaybee4170 New Member

Just be very , very wary of signing up for anything that tells you you will make $20,000 in your first day ! For anyone new to the internet it must seem very daunting , because every business opportunity site seems to be telling you that you could earn a fortune with them. As most of the members of this and every other forum will tell you , money on the internet does not come easily.
    Do the research. Look around. Don't just sign up for the first thing that comes along. Read the posts in these forums. Pick a business that you feel comfortable with. Do not just assume that a flashy website = a reputable company. Check out my site , it's got some good ideas... and , good luck !

16. robinwing

robinwing New Member

Frank, I think it is best to find a home business that you can work part-time, so you can continue to work your job now, but can phase out and leave when you are making enough money from home. Given this, you need to find a business that is very automated and has a system that drives prospects to your website, allows them to do their own due diligence and gives them a method to speak to professionals who will answer their questions on your behalf. In short, a system in which you only need to spend a few hours per week.

17. sarahlorrain

sarahlorrain New Member

It can be a very difficult task to find work on the internet. There are so many scams out there preying on innocent people that just want to pay their electric bill. I wish you the best of luck!

18. ESS

ESS New Member

Quoting: frankykeysI've been killing my self working hard at construction most of my life...

I have made more money when I was 25 years old as a roofer in philly than I'm making now at 45yrs old..

I'm only bringing home (clear) $300.00 a week....That's stinks...with all the cost of living going up.... I use to make at least $100.00 a day clear when I was a younger man....

I feel that I have to make a change...my body is not as young as it was and I have a harder time caring 100lbs on my back climbing up a ladder....

Anyone have a honest money making plan out there...I am interested in looking at it....Thanks

Hi frankykeys,

Here are my thoughts....

When looking for a business remember, the key to being successful vs unsuccessful in any business is mentoring.

Why is franchising the most successful business model? It is because there is a system to follow which includes ongoing support and training(mentoring).

The home business arena, especially MLM, attracts many folks who are not self motivating or business savvy. Thus, if there is not a strong mentoring program, or upline mentor to guide them, their chances of success are slim.

I would suggest you look for a solid debt free company with a product that is in demand, and most importantly, make sure you find a sponsor who is willing to take you by the hand and lead you every step of the way. That sponsor does not have to be super successful, yet. But they should give you the indication that they are plugged in, being mentored by their upline and that they are strictly following a successful system themselves.
    (A good indication of this is if they quickly introduce you to other successful people in their upline).

Then you yourself must work hard, invest in your business and eventually graduate from student to becoming a teacher/mentor to your people as well.

Hope everything works out for you!!

Jeff

19. superioro

superioro New Member

Quoting: Retiirein9Hi, I'm new at this and just getting started, I bought a book off of the internet about internet marketing and was wondering if the market is too flooded. Any thoughts?

Hi Retiirein9,

I believe that the internet still holds a great amount of potential. There are estimated 1 billion people worldwide using the internet at any point in time, with many more discovering the internet for the first time, especially in developing countries. Thus the market is certainly large enough for internet marketeers to "get a slice of the pie". At the same time, there have been vast improvements in terms of online payment methods and security.

Of course, every business is not without competition, and as such you would have to stand out in some way if you desire to succeed in this area. Having a niche to focus on is really important, and with some creativity I don't see why every hardworking marketeer can't carve out a delicious chunk of the internet pie. Doing your own research first(as you have done) is a great start and would certainly provide a stronger foundation.

Here's to your future success! [​IMG]

20. Putter

Putter New Member

I recommend you follow your talents and interest. If you have spent a lifetime working at construction sites and in roofing, you undoubtedly have learned a lot about it. Check for distributorships for materials for that marketplace. That's an area you know.
    There are lots of ways to make money on the internet, but they will require you to learn a whole new set of skills, unless you can write about your industry.
    Good luck!