I'm looking to increase traffic to my site - any ideas?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by broke no more, Nov 28, 2008.

1. limelightblue

limelightblue New Member

Hey I know its been said but I gotta emphasize, articles articles articles! Best way to increase traffic. Ezine and a few others takes some time to actually post your articles, but once they're up and the search engines find em you'll be good. Also when writing articles go to google adwords or yahoo's overvture and find keywords that have to do with your website. Use those key words as the titles for your articles. Be sure to use the keyword in the title not more then 6-10 times in an article less then 600 words. It'll take a few weeks but if you write the articles they will come!
  2. Phil Stones

Phil Stones New Member

sjames23: Depends on your budget. If you are on a limited budget I would go with

Articles
    Forums
    Classifieds
    Videos
    Blogs
    Social Networks
    Press Releases

Yes I agree these are great places to target.
  3. pdean37

pdean37 New Member

articles?....what kind of articles....how does this work for you....im new at this too...so looking to find out.....thanks for your posts......P
  4. amarz

amarz Guest

Basically your writing a review on your business or product, you talk about it and post it.

Ezinearticles.com is favored by google, so If you write a decent article they will review it and if accepted would be on the top list of google search engine. Which is good traffic for you.

Other places like

squidoo, goarticles, blogger etc will work
    continue to do forums like these and remember to build relationships.

[Post edited. Bold removed - Admin]
  5. BigCash247

BigCash247 New Member

A good rule of thumb is to have 7-10 methods of traffic generation working for you at all times...

Video marketing gets us a ton of traffic...

It's free...
    It's viral...
    It works for you 24/7...
    It gets you targeted leads...
    You can brand yourself...

Do I really need to go on [​IMG]

Jaime
  6. jerry1952

jerry1952 New Member

The most effective way to drive business to your website is to set yourself up as an expert/mentor. By cultivating this reputation, people will begin to seek you out, and instead of being the hunter, you become the hunted.
    You can build your credibility by publishing articles, posting to forums, and also using videos. The main key ingredient to this is DON'T SELL ANYTHING!!! Instead, SELL YOURSELF!
    As your credibility grows, you will separate yourself from all that internet mob of noise, and people will seek you out. Remember: People do NOT buy opportunities. People do business with People!
  7. Homeboy

Homeboy New Member

Adwords.
  8. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

GIVE SOMETHING AWAY FOR FREE

Free is the magic word. If you can give something to other marketers that they can use for free the traffic to your site will increase. I offer free leads and get tons of hits over and over again. Everyone needs leads. Now when they sign up on my free lead capture page I give them a call and offer my assistance. I take this opportunity to learn what business they are in and if we have a bit of a connection I will cross market my own programs.

Another option is to create some cool video marketing. Its free , viral and is the new hot thing. Another place ive usd with alot of success is a site called linkreferral. It's a site where you get more traffic by reviewing other sites. I get about 15- 20 hits a day from it and it only takes me about 25-30 minutes to do everyday.

Adam Frederick
    Your Success Business Coach
    Teaching you how to minimize cost, maximize profits and free up time
    302 613 4632
  9. Dan_dare

Dan_dare New Member

It has a solution of all problems. If you don't have money and you want to promote yourself, I think you can do these:

1) Article submission
    2) URL submission
    3) Social Bookmarking
    4) Classified ads posting
    5) Press Release
    6) Affiliation
    7) Forum posting
    8) Blog commenting
    9) Social network marketing on the site, myspace and face book
    10) many more...

Its good that you are going to preform these tasks because I found it really difficult to me to do. And It seems you are novice in marketing, you may face many difficulties as well.

If you are looking to hire any professional, you can try Magicsolv.com, they are reliable, affordable and great service provider. I'd suggest you to give them a try, if you found them affordable then hire them otherwise you can leave.....

Well, Best of Luck!!

[Post edited - Admin]
  10. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

I have another idea for you..
    This is totally free, and I am not affiliated, just impressed.

You must take action though:

Go To Social Media Daily and take the free download.
    Take some action every day and let me know how you do.
    This is a fantastic, brilliant resource.

Cheers, Victoria
  11. Johnhanry

Johnhanry New Member

Traffic to your site can be increased by Trade Links, exchange traffic, create and offer articles, Create a newsletter and Join our online groups.

Thanks,
    [Link removed - Admin]
  12. RichRowley

RichRowley New Member

There is a massive wealth of things you can do to increase traffic - I highly recommend video marketing. You can post a lot of videos all over the web and they work for you 24/7.

Best of all it only attracts people to you that make a connection, its rejection free and everyone that hits your site or capture page will be someone that liked you in your videos.

I use video a lot and plan to expand it even further in 2009. But dont miss all the other web2.0 techniques either.

I teach this stuff to hundreds of people and the way its heading is Social Media Optimisation so get on all the social web2.0 sites as possible. In particular facebook and twitter!

Rich R aka The Internet Jungle Guide
  13. jrlehman

jrlehman New Member

There are many free ways to increase traffic. Some may be easier for you than others. I like blogs, forums, article writing, and classified ads. You could also create a squidoo lens, they work pretty well.
  14. ricko66

ricko66 New Member

New to pl system 2 weeks in still lost got a website 100.00 a year newbie mistake dont know where to start been reading the system just all confused please help...
  15. tooflubu

tooflubu New Member

I saw that someone suggested yahoo answers.
    I think that is a good one. Everytime I'm searching something someone else has already asked it on yahoo answers and as long as the question is still open you can answer to and place your links.
  16. PowerSuccess

PowerSuccess Guest

I recommend reading another thread in the Work at Home Forum:

Work at Home Forum > General Marketing > Out Of Ideas...Need Advice Please

I suggest that you read it, print it and follow it!
  17. Sonni

Sonni New Member

I mostly do article marketing and my next best one is Yahoo Answers if you don't spam you can do pretty good if you do Yahoo will ban you because you'll get reported by your competition mostly.
    Sonni
  18. strosdegoz

strosdegoz New Member

You can try using social bookmarking to post updates.
    You can also use Digg, it has a high PR.
  19. mr127500

mr127500 New Member

Ok,so here is a golden nugget. Article marketing is great, now start to use a program like word flood to increase your effectiveness in creating unique content and when you are ready to step it up, look into unique article wizard, it will change your life.

happy hunting
  20. GavinStephenson

GavinStephenson New Member

Twitter is the new big thing right now. Im getting tons of traffic from there... Myspace is dead and facebook is ok

I suggest you get on twitter.
    Facebook
    Blogging
    Forums
    Aritcles
    Press Releases

All Free Methods..

Have fun